Page 7 of 246 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did Brandon Miller, Scoot Henderson, Amen Thompson and Ausar Thompson show to call the 2023 draft class "one of the greatest ever"?
    do you have vision issues Ms. Alzheimer?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NCAA season has started with a good Isaiah Collier. At that very early stage of the draft process, he seems to be the most interesting player to get for Spurs.

another scoot it looks like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you have vision issues Ms. Alzheimer?
    girl, stop it, get some help
    maybe then you’ll stop shaking from resentment at your worthlessness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2023 NBA draft was special with 4 of the 5 top picks not coming from college basketball. This year the pool of players outside college (Alexandre Sarr, Ron Holland, Buzelis, Izan Almansa, Topic, Risacher...) clearly doesn't look as good as last draft.

College basketball is usually the main source of players for the draft but I think it's too soon to judge them. It would be way more accurate to evaluate these players after one or two months of college games than just by extrapolating what they did in high school.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did Brandon Miller, Scoot Henderson, Amen Thompson and Ausar Thompson show to call the 2023 draft class "one of the greatest ever"?
    Wemby's in it. Good enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ausar already looks like a high end defender... just a matter of him being functional offensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how similar to the actual draft were early mocks? Not very.

Number 6 pick Anthony Black was outside the lottery, and #9 pick Taylor Hendricks wasn’t even considered a one and done, and was in no one’s first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ausar already looks like a high end defender... just a matter of him being functional offensively
    He’s worse than Thuybulle, last I checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s worse than Thuybulle, last I checked.
    thybulle is 6 years older than him and has played 265 more games than him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thybulle is 6 years older than him and has played 265 more games than him
    He’s worse than Thuybulle as a rookie. Matisse is kind of the gold standard of guys that can’t stay on the floor because of zero offensive threat. If you’re worse than that, it’s a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s worse than Thuybulle as a rookie. Matisse is kind of the gold standard of guys that can’t stay on the floor because of zero offensive threat. If you’re worse than that, it’s a problem.
    hes a worse shooter through 11 games than thybulle was as a rookie but he has found other ways to contribute on offense. just has to get better.

thybulle was a 22 year old rookie who played 4 years of college

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league and its partners have invested so much into promoting Wembanyama, that the Spurs will probably have lottery luck again.

Granted, this is not a draft projected to have a consensus 1st overall or even necessarily top tier, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Thompson twins are going to be very good. Wish they came out in this years draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league and its partners have invested so much into promoting Wembanyama, that the Spurs will probably have lottery luck again.

Granted, this is not a draft projected to have a consensus 1st overall or even necessarily top tier, but still.
    To me, that's the silver lining in all of this losing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the lottery were held today the Spurs would have the fourth best odds of winning it.

The Spurs have a 25 game stretch from December 28th to February 12th were they have a lot of winnable games scheduled.

Portland 3
    Hornets 2
    Wizards 2
    Magic 2
    Hawks 1
    Pistons 1
    Grizz 1

Other than this stretch of games the remaining schedule is a slog of mostly good to elite teams in the west. Spurs should be in the running for a top 8 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a pg similar to haliburton....My goodness would love to have a pg like him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still would rather have a top five pick in a weak draft than a mid to late first round pick in a weak draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets pick will not convey next year.

the Raps need to suck, finish just under .500 which is on track

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets pick will not convey next year.

the Raps need to suck, finish just under .500 which is on track
    The Hornets get Bridges back today. That is going to make a huge difference. I bet their record by game 30 is .500 or better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hornets should be better than this. I haven't watched any of their games this season. I think Ball is as good as Young. So I'm not sure if he is mailing it in or just getting his legs back.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hornets should be better than this. I haven't watched any of their games this season. I think Ball is as good as Young. So I'm not sure if he is mailing it in or just getting his legs back.
    Hornets are not good and Ball isn't good enough to carry that team to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Bridges, what happened to Mikal this year? His scoring went down from 26 to 20, and his 3 ball has dropped from .376 to.292.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Bridges, what happened to Mikal this year? His scoring went down from 26 to 20, and his 3 ball has dropped from .376 to.292.
    The other Cam has carried or arguably forced himself into a bigger offensive role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, after loosing to the Grizz I am thinking we got an excellent chance of getting top 5 pick and maybe even a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the point? 18-20 yo kids can't make a difference until their rookie contract is up and they sure as won't want to be eating burritos much longer than that. this FO has no plan, the Char pick will not convert, and we will blow our load on another Baylor chud like Sochan. It's over.

Thread Information