Page 52 of 251 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6251
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand any lingering interest in Collier. He's pretty terrible, tbh, and even worse when you watch him. Two glaring, very glaring, issues are an inability to connect even relatively basic passes and a lackadaisical, lazy interest in defense. These may be fixed over time, I suppose, but he doesn't have a lottery grade for me. Maybe in a bad draft end of lottery. I mean... Jalen Hood-Schifino was drafted 17 and I'd definitely pick Collier over him. So there's something there, but not with a lottery pick imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nice thing about this draft is that we will be able to pull a guard and a wing - if we want to and if Toronto conveys.

For the first time ever (or in memory?) the top three picks could be foreigners. At least for now, Sarr, Risacher, and Topic have separated themselves as that trio. Of course things change.

Our pick - if we can manage one of those players, I value Topic or Risacher. Big questions about both, but they have key talents/skills, come from professional basketball backgrounds, etc.

Toronto pick - depending on how the first pick goes, I'm with a lot of us and like Salaun or Buzelis to go with Topic. I don't have a good feel for Holland. If we go Risacher (or not), I could see a guard.

I've watched Ja'Kobe Walter, who seems like a slightly smaller, slightly worse Bennedict Mathurin and isn't an archetype we need right now.

It's hard to draw a bead on Reed Sheppard. His advanced metrics are mind-blowing, yet he rarely seems dominant on the court. He's incredibly efficient and never seems to miss his shots, is scrappy and does a lot of little things well. I see a Mark Price here. But... is it a mirage?

I also like Dillingham a lot though he's a type I'm not sure would get the Spurs excited - undersize, not a great defender because of it, high usage rate.

There are few players I'm really interested in so far and it's good that we're within that narrow band.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least for now, Sarr, Risacher, and Topic have separated themselves as that trio. Of course things change.
    As a more casual consumer of prospect analysis, I think it says a lot about this class that Topic has separated himself by not playing for the last 3 weeks. It's just hard to get excited about this bunch, but maybe there are lots of diamonds in the rough here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a more casual consumer of prospect analysis, I think it says a lot about this class that Topic has separated himself by not playing for the last 3 weeks. It's just hard to get excited about this bunch, but maybe there are lots of diamonds in the rough here.
    I feel stronger about Topic than Sarr, who plays limited minutes in a pretty mediocre league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone like Sarr with our second pick? Doubt he slips to 7 but with the amount of chaos projected in this draft, he might. Let's say we've picked a wing with our top 3 pick (Risacher), and Topic and Dilly are off the board, do you go BPA which might be Sarr. And can anyone make the case for him somehow fitting with our team? I imagine his floor is he could be our defensive anchor for the second unit. And his ceiling - being able to play PF next to Wemby in an insane lineup. I still would probably pass on Sarr and grab Saluan or Sheppard, but its a fun thought experiment if he's still on the board at 7 or 8.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have one of the worst rosters in the league, if not the worst without Wemby.
    I don't know much about this draft class, but you get the best player available.
    If Sarr is the best, get him. Fit doesn't matter. We're nowhere near that stage yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone like Sarr with our second pick? Doubt he slips to 7 but with the amount of chaos projected in this draft, he might. Let's say we've picked a wing with our top 3 pick (Risacher), and Topic and Dilly are off the board, do you go BPA which might be Sarr. And can anyone make the case for him somehow fitting with our team? I imagine his floor is he could be our defensive anchor for the second unit. And his ceiling - being able to play PF next to Wemby in an insane lineup. I still would probably pass on Sarr and grab Saluan or Sheppard, but its a fun thought experiment if he's still on the board at 7 or 8.
    He won’t be there at the second pick, and he’s pretty much just a 5. Not wanting to use a top 10 pick on a player you know will be Wemby’s backup. Bigs I want are Risacher and Salaun.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Sarr you'll have to take him with the first pick and likely will need the first overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel stronger about Topic than Sarr, who plays limited minutes in a pretty mediocre league.
    This actually makes me feel even worse about this draft

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you complain about the NBL being pretty mediocre while elevating Topic whose production has come entirely in the ABA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK Risacher, Dillingham, Sheppard, and Williams all look pretty interesting. Sarr too, but not for the Spurs. Definitely trade that pick for a veteran building block if he's still on the board when the Spurs are drafting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you complain about the NBL being pretty mediocre while elevating Topic whose production has come entirely in the ABA?
    NBL is worse than ABA. Recent picks from there haven't been ready at all, or even close. Topic has been the main guy for an ABA team and received a call-up to the best league in Europe. Meanwhile Sarr is only a back-up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said elsewhere, I think this draft is pretty good for us from around 2/3-10. We're going to find a couple of good players. I don't want the first pick in this draft at all. I'm even pretty iffy about paying a top 2 or 3 salary to Topic or Risacher. But if our picks land somewhere between 3-9 as expected we'll be doing pretty well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBL is worse than ABA. Recent picks from there haven't been ready at all, or even close. Topic has been the main guy for an ABA team and received a call-up to the best league in Europe. Meanwhile Sarr is only a back-up...
    And he was awful in that game and a half in Euroleague. He is going to have to show something there to get me excited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said elsewhere, I think this draft is pretty good for us from around 2/3-10. We're going to find a couple of good players. I don't want the first pick in this draft at all. I'm even pretty iffy about paying a top 2 or 3 salary to Topic or Risacher. But if our picks land somewhere between 3-9 as expected we'll be doing pretty well.
    First pick would have great trade value for someone who wants Sarr. If I got #2 though tough call between Williams and Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was awful in that game and a half in Euroleague. He is going to have to show something there to get me excited.
    He was literally playing for the first time with the team, yeah? And he wasn't awful, lol. I'm not a huge fan of Topic at this point, but get real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about this draft class, but you get the best player available.
    If Sarr is the best, get him. Fit doesn't matter. We're nowhere near that stage yet.
    Sarr's not Tim Duncan where the talent justifies saying to with the fit. No one in this draft is. Team is talent depleted enough you draft best available if it's not Sarr (eg a center) though, and if it is Sarr you trade him.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-22-2024 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was literally playing for the first time with the team, yeah? And he wasn't awful, lol. I'm not a huge fan of Topic at this point, but get real.
    GTFO, you're a huge homer for Topic

Very impressive 4 pts, 4 ast, 1 reb in 20 minutes in his inaugural game, let's spend the #2 pick on that kind of production. Unless he starts producing in Euroleague no thanks. Also LOL first time with the team that he has played for going on three years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO, you're a huge homer for Topic

Very impressive 4 pts, 4 ast, 1 reb in 20 minutes in his inaugural game, let's spend the #2 pick on that kind of production. Unless he starts producing in Euroleague no thanks. Also LOL first time with the team that he has played for going on three years now.
    I'm really not trying to sell anybody on Topic, but don't be a dumbass. It was a single game and far better than Sarr's doing. That's the point. I'd much rather not get a point who can't shoot and struggles on defense, but the team will be looking at him. Get used to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really not trying to sell anybody on Topic, but don't be a dumbass. It was a single game and far better than Sarr's doing. That's the point. I'd much rather not get a point who can't shoot and struggles on defense, but the team will be looking at him. Get used to it.
    Was also his third game playing for that team this year, not his first. You have been on Topic's jock since the beginning of the season the same way the media has been on Chet's.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr's not Tim Duncan where the talent justifies saying to with the fit. No one in this draft is. Team is talent depleted enough you draft best available if it's not Sarr (eg a center) though, and if it is Sarr you trade him.
    I know nothing about Sarr, but if the kid is talented enough, it can work.
    Wemby won't play more than 30ish mpg as long as Pop is still here, so we'd get our backup C.

But yeah, trading down wouldn't be the worst idea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Washington gets the first pick. They would 100% go with Sarr imo.

If we somehow land Risacher and Topic this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont like anyone in this draft … I am sure that will change as I look into it more seriously later, but as of now? I hope SA lands number one just so on paper it has more trade value.

Thread Information