Page 180 of 246 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6137
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, Buzelis (or his agent) is hurting his value by going full keyboard warrior. that's an orange flag to me. Social media drama is definitely the kind of things GMs are attentive to with these young prospects.

And claiming you're better than another top prospect, when you proved nothing, is just not very smart and shows more insecurity and attention seeking than anything. Like Scoot claiming he should be the #1 pick in his draft. Some guys liked his confidence and that "dawg" back then... You can be humbled quickly.

Not to mention BB is a 5x5 game, not 1x1. Even being better on 1x1 (which remains to be proved) wouldn't necesseraliy make you a better prospect. Some guys kills it on the playground on 1x1, but can't play organised, team ball.

So yeah, badly inspired, counter-productive move by Buzelis.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-27-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got #2 and #7... Tankathon gave me Topic and Buzelis. I'd be good with that..
    Horrible

Two white players that can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please inform the ignorant. What does POBO>GM mean?
    I wasn't in that conversation so maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing:

President of Business Operations has more control over the team than General Manager

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of now I think we get the 3rd or 4th pick. With that pick I would take Dalton Knecht. He's a proven shooter, much better than Branham who he could easily replace whether as a starter or as an off the bench type guy.

If we get a second first rounder, go with a big - just not Buzelis. His skillsets are nothing to scream about and he's a meh player on a pretty bad Ignite team. He probably just joined the ignite team for the money. Put it this way, if he was on a talented but flawed Kentucky or well coached Uconn team, would he even have the meh stats he has on Ignite? Probably not.

After the mandatory combine, we'll get a better idea. Some players will rise, some players will unfortunately drop. I think he drops after being showcased against real compe ion. Whomever we draft, hopefully they are a bit more NBA ready than some of our previous reaches - we really need the talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible

Two white players that can't shoot.
    Yup...it's better to have athletic players who can't play....

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head, I'm trying to think who are the uber athletic players...Ron Holland, Ryan Dunn...? It doesn't feel like a long list. Many top prospects seem to have questions about stereotypical athleticism.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup...it's better to have athletic players who can't play....
    That's why PATFO takes a bit of both and drafts unathletic players that can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there is a pretty good chance the 3/6 finishes for us and Toronto will be the final ones, who wants to do another round of "Tankathon sim draft"? Again only one click on "Sim draft" and tell us, who you pick (reasonable picks)!

I got...

#2 and #7...and take Topic and Knecht with those picks.
    Charlotte hat the #1 and would not take Topic. I think, he can be special. A lot of his moves remind me of Manu, even though he needs to become a better shooter. Knecht is a guy who can help with just that spacing.
    I landed at #6 and #8 and TaT had us taking Dilly and Matas which is actually what a I prefer... so this is an idea situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why PATFO takes a bit of both and drafts unathletic players that can't shoot.
    It's brilliant when you think about it...zig when everyone else is zagging...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon

#3 pick: Nikola Topic
    #7 pick: Ron Holland

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head, I'm trying to think who are the uber athletic players...Ron Holland, Ryan Dunn...? It doesn't feel like a long list. Many top prospects seem to have questions about stereotypical athleticism.
    Yup... There are no sure things in this draft as everyone has flaws they'll need to address. TaT had Topic and Buzelis in my 'spin' and I'm good with it for the following reasons. Topic has a long wingspan and i expect he will do better here with more space to work with. I expect his shooting to improve also because of spacing and because I think his shot is natural and doesn't need re-working. Buzelis does have some athleticism (I know it's hard for rascal to accept because of his ethnicity), but his overall game has alot to like about it from court vision, to handle, to creativity. His outside shooting is more of a concern to me than Topic's and his shot will need some mechanical re-working. He did shoot 40% from 3 in his hs year, so I think there's something there to mine, and IF his shooting can be improved, he's the top player in the draft. That's the kind of gamble i want to make in a year like this.

That said, there are several guys I like for those top 2 picks. Topic, Buzelis, Knecht, Salaun, Risacher, Shephard, Filipowski and even Dilly, Castle, and Collier to varying degrees. If we traded back i see value in Kyshawn George, Kolek, Nunez, Proctor, Tristan da Silva, McCullar, Brazile, and Dadiet.

It's more about options and fitting whoever we get around Wemby first and the couple vets we hopefully bring in 2nd. I'm not married to anyone at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic still hasn't come back from his early January knee injury. that's gonna make 3 months. What kind of knee injury takes (at least) 3 months to recover from?

Besides the fact scouts so far only have 2 Euroleagues games (where he poorly played) to judge him against solid opposition, what kind of shape will he be if actually comes back before the draft for the combine and workouts? What if he has to skip them?

Maybe they hold him for precautionary reasons but the more time passes the more worrying it becomes, specially that there's no time table for his return yet. I wouldn't be surprised if his stock seriously drops these next few weeks before the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Nikola Topic even really exist?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please inform the ignorant. What does POBO>GM mean?
    President Of Basketball Operations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First try at TaT this year... Spurs get #1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First try at TaT this year... Spurs get #1 pick.
    STOP THE COUNT. STOP THE COUNT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Nikola Topic even really exist?
    That's another topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's another topic.
    what is that, some kind of jokic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is that, some kind of jokic?
    We all keep waiting for Topic to reappear and play a game, like is someone is just going to pull him out of a hat like a Micic trick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic still hasn't come back from his early January knee injury. that's gonna make 3 months. What kind of knee injury takes (at least) 3 months to recover from?

Besides the fact scouts so far only have 2 Euroleagues games (where he poorly played) to judge him against solid opposition, what kind of shape will he be if actually comes back before the draft for the combine and workouts? What if he has to skip them?

Maybe they hold him for precautionary reasons but the more time passes the more worrying it becomes, specially that there's no time table for his return yet. I wouldn't be surprised if his stock seriously drops these next few weeks before the draft.
    Why would he want to. He's still projected in the top five and coming back from injury may struggle down the stretch and hurt his draft stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he want to. He's still projected in the top five and coming back from injury may struggle down the stretch and hurt his draft stock.
    I can’t argue with this, because multiple teams told Wemby to sit out and not play for Mets92 last year. If he has a team in mind, he could be keeping them in the loop, and everyone else in the dark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like Ex mentioned he may also already have a commitment from a team, but mock drafts are still standing pat out of inertia right now and might start to move more dramatically these next few weeks. It will be interesting to see where Topic stands in late April.

there's also the possibility his injury is more serious than first imagined..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon

#3 pick: Nikola Topic
    #7 pick: Ron Holland
    Gross, that would be a worst case scenario for me with #3 and #7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the combine and workouts should be determinant this year and if Topic does'nt have an arrangement with an NBA team, that could be a real problem for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Toe-pitch

Ree-sa-shay

man, I’ve been pronouncing these draft prospects’ names wrong

Thread Information