Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whining about Trump in every single thread?

Today's Democrats tbh
    Who's whining about Trump here? This is all lols

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's whining about Trump here? This is all lols
    FK is really bothered by people talking about a man who's still very much in the the news and still the odds on GOP candidate for president.

Leave Trump alone!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FK is really bothered by people talking about a man who's still very much in the the news and still the odds on GOP candidate for president.

Leave Trump alone!
    ...Please. You can't, not until you're each laid to rest. Then you'll let go. Until then? Uh, uh. Nope.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Whining in every thread about every mention of Trump?

Today's Trump s.

Be a man.
    A man in a dress?

Today's Democrats tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A man in a dress?

Today's Democrats tbh
    Frosty just tore the Dumper a brand new one.

Frosty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassing. And this guy is surging in the polls. When will the GOP get more serious candidates? Even Mitt Romney sounds good right now compared to this.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A man in a dress?

Today's Democrats tbh
    Caitlin is today's Republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassing. And this guy is surging in the polls. When will the GOP get more serious candidates? Even Mitt Romney sounds good right now compared to this.
    Vivae would run circles around the whole entirety of the DNC and all its candidates like he did the other night vs all the head uniparty warmongering gop losers. You're just mad a dude with his complexion is running on the GOP ticket and not the DNC plantation, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vivae would run circles around the whole entirety of the DNC and all its candidates like he did the other night vs all the head uniparty warmongering gop losers. You're just mad a dude with his complexion is running on the GOP ticket and not the DNC plantation, amirite?
    I'm sad he's running on ANY ticket. He doesn't come across as a serious guy at all to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk: Ramaswamy is exactly what our politics need more of. Young, intelligent, effective speakers who don't come off as complete morons. JFK and Obama were in this mold.

Discuss and disagree about his positions - that's all fine (and is what we should be discussing). , roast the guy for coming off like he isn't serious or comes off as staged, that's fine too. At least that is substantive criticism. I don't care for many of his positions, but I'd take him over most presidential candidates of late. No more olds who can't string sentences together please. Trump is far and away the worst orator in modern* presidential history, but old man Joe might be the second worst.

*None of us were around to hear early president's speak, but speaking was also a less important part of the role back then. Thomas Jefferson is said to have been a terrible and shy public speaker, but he was a great writer - and that was probably good enough in 1801.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramaswamy was on quite the jag this weekend. His suggestion on Meet the Press that Mike Pence could and should have rammed through single-day voting and voter ID on Jan 6th, 2021 is ignorant about how government works. The VP can't do that.

His apparent desire to go to war against Mexico is very simply demented.

Forcing people to pass a civics test before they can vote? We had something similar during Jim Crow -- I'm not sure Ramaswamy could pass it.

Ramaswamy strikes me as being crazier and more ignorant than Trump, while being almost as grandiose.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Real talk: Ramaswamy is exactly what our politics need more of. Young, intelligent, effective speakers who don't come off as complete morons. JFK and Obama were in this mold.

Discuss and disagree about his positions - that's all fine (and is what we should be discussing). , roast the guy for coming off like he isn't serious or comes off as staged, that's fine too. At least that is substantive criticism. I don't care for many of his positions, but I'd take him over most presidential candidates of late. No more olds who can't string sentences together please. Trump is far and away the worst orator in modern* presidential history, but old man Joe might be the second worst.

*None of us were around to hear early president's speak, but speaking was also a less important part of the role back then. Thomas Jefferson is said to have been a terrible and shy public speaker, but he was a great writer - and that was probably good enough in 1801.
    Please. JFK: He's the one who started us in on Vietnam. Hussein? Swore on the Good Book he'd not be a Black President, nor a White President, but a President for all Americans. After 365 days, give or take, he reached for the race card & commissed a hustling race like all the rest of the race hustlers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramaswamy was on quite the jag this weekend. His suggestion on Meet the Press that Mike Pence could and should have rammed through single-day voting and voter ID on Jan 6th, 2021 is ignorant about how government works. The VP can't do that.

His apparent desire to go to war against Mexico is very simply demented.

Forcing people to pass a civics test before they can vote? We had something similar during Jim Crow -- I'm not sure Ramaswamy could pass it.

Ramaswamy strikes me as being crazier and more ignorant than Trump, while being almost as grandiose.
    He's running for the leader of a dip circus, and it's obvious his playbook is catered to that. I think this may be a sign of Ramaswamy's cunningness as opposed to his idiocy. This observation isn't an absolution, it's just an observation. The game is currently tilted to benefit populist conmen - to win the game you have to deploy the winning tactics, and I think that is pretty obviously what he is doing. This doesn't make him anymore appealing to me. I'm not sure what is worse: an idiot who caters to other idiots (ex: Louis Gommert), or a genius who exploits idiots (ex: Ted Cruz).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No no we need more politicians over the age of 100

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no we need more politicians over the age of 100
    Nonagenarians and Centenarians won't stand for this kind of discrimination any longer*

*Note, many of them are no longer physically capable of standing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's running for the leader of a dip circus, and it's obvious his playbook is catered to that. I think this may be a sign of Ramaswamy's cunningness as opposed to his idiocy. This observation isn't an absolution, it's just an observation. The game is currently tilted to benefit populist conmen - to win the game you have to deploy the winning tactics, and I think that is pretty obviously what he is doing. This doesn't make him anymore appealing to me. I'm not sure what is worse: an idiot who caters to other idiots (ex: Louis Gommert), or a genius who exploits idiots (ex: Ted Cruz).
    I guess I have no bonus points to award to shrewd politicians who use guile and deception win the dip circus to represent American fascists. If he's really that smart, Ramaswamy could do better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I have no bonus points to award to shrewd politicians who use guile and deception win the dip circus to represent American fascists. If he's really that smart, Ramaswamy could do better.
    Fair point that he could do better... but I don't think he's trying to. I think he's performing to as close to 100% as his goal as possible (because I don't think his goal is to actually be the GOP nominee).

My larger point, however, really isn't about Ramaswamy, but rather that I want to see more young, successful, well-spoken run for office. Let them rise or fall based upon their merits (or lack thereof).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point that he could do better... but I don't think he's trying to. I think he's performing to as close to 100% as his goal as possible (because I don't think his goal is to actually be the GOP nominee).

My larger point, however, really isn't about Ramaswamy, but rather that I want to see more young, successful, well-spoken run for office. Let them rise or fall based upon their merits (or lack thereof).
    What do you think Ramaswamy's goal actually is? I guess it never occurred to me he had some other reason for running for president besides grasping power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think Ramaswamy's goal actually is? I guess it never occurred to me he had some other reason for running for president besides grasping power.
    I think it is a mix of immediate personal brand building and possibly angling for a role in the Trump administration (in furtherance of personal brand building) for an eventual payday. I think he's smart enough to see the grift and which plays to make to cash in. I think he's trying to position himself as some kind of MAGA Post-conservatism thought leader. How he intends to cash in, I'm not sure at this point.

There is a lot of chatter that he's simply a Trump surrogate in order to pull support away from Desantis, but given the way the primaries are structured I'm not sure how viable that strategy is unless he can sustain the funding required to go the distance.

In the end, he's weird and a symptom, not the disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is becoming a common occurrence with Ramaswamy. It's not a good look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is a mix of immediate personal brand building and possibly angling for a role in the Trump administration (in furtherance of personal brand building) for an eventual payday. I think he's smart enough to see the grift and which plays to make to cash in. I think he's trying to position himself as some kind of MAGA Post-conservatism thought leader. How he intends to cash in, I'm not sure at this point.

There is a lot of chatter that he's simply a Trump surrogate in order to pull support away from Desantis, but given the way the primaries are structured I'm not sure how viable that strategy is unless he can sustain the funding required to go the distance.

In the end, he's weird and a symptom, not the disease.
    The disease isn't grasping authoritarian themes to get more riches and power? That seems like an odd hill to defend, to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The blatant dishonesty -- or, if you prefer, the blatant guile -- grates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disease isn't grasping authoritarian themes to get more riches and power? That seems like an odd hill to defend, to me.
    Yeah, that's exactly the disease. I'm not sure what defending you are talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Kendall Roy energy from this guy

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This was/is a common occurrence with Trump and his strange following thinks nothing of it.

Or the default "all politicians do it"

Thread Information