Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2258
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was supportive of the idea of the spurs trading for KPJ and immediately waiving him as well. two SRPs from a bad team
    The optics after the Primo situation would've have looked good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The optics after the Primo situation would've have looked good
    yeah but if you simultaneously announce that he's being waived i think it nips that in the bud

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who enjoy the capulator as much as I do, looks like the Spurs roster have FINALLY been updated.

https://www.shamsports.com/capulator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but it's the 'churn' that's the issue. OKC using draft assets to marginally improve their roster. A matter of time before Dieng gets replaced by a tall, lanky guy who is supposed to turn out and Jaylin Williams replaced by a guy who is just as good. Dieng might turn out but they could have had Mark Williams, Tari Eason, Walker Kessler, etc.
    It's one way to keep the roster cost of your role players down, I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who enjoy the capulator as much as I do, looks like the Spurs roster have FINALLY been updated.

https://www.shamsports.com/capulator
    Well kinda -- it doesn't have Vassell's contract. Also, I don't think it reflects the buyouts for Bullock or Payne. It has them waived. But if they were actually bought out, the Spurs might've saved quite a bit of money. Traditionally players give back the vet-min, but those mins have gotten so high, that those two salaries combine to be over $5 Million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis signs 3 year/$186MM extension with the Bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they should send Capela to memphis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R. Williams makes more sense than Capela. Younger, cheaper and unlike the Hawks, who'd need a rotational C back, I doubt the Trail Blazers would care.

Media's wet dream of Antetokounmpo to (insert glamor marker) is basically officially dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R. Williams makes more sense than Capela. Younger, cheaper and unlike the Hawks, who'd need a rotational C back, I doubt the Trail Blazers would care.

Media's wet dream of Antetokounmpo to (insert glamor marker) is basically officially dead.
    hawks are probably going to want to salary dump capela similar to how they did Collins. think capela could be had pretty cheap

really doubt the hawks are going to want both capela and okongwu on the roster at the same time when okongwu is off his rookie scale deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks are trying to balance winning now while cutting long term salary, so their motivation in a hypothetical Capela trade will be a combination of salary dump, draft capital and a rotational backup C for Okongwu.

The Grizzlies don't have an expendable rotational C to offer though and with their own bloated payroll going forward and the difficulty they'd have matching salary for Capela, I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks are trying to balance winning now while cutting long term salary, so their motivation in a hypothetical Capela trade will be a combination of salary dump, draft capital and a rotational backup C for Okongwu.

The Grizzlies don't have an expendable rotational C to offer though and with their own bloated payroll going forward and the difficulty they'd have matching salary for Capela, I don't see it.
    the salary matching is a fair point, not sure how memphis gets that done after taking a look

i dont think the hawks will get much for capela though, despite what their motivations might be. think it ends up close to the collins situation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hawks are probably going to want to salary dump capela similar to how they did Collins. think capela could be had pretty cheap

really doubt the hawks are going to want both capela and okongwu on the roster at the same time when okongwu is off his rookie scale deal
    Maybe the Grizzlies assessment changes with the news today of Adams being out for the season. A Capella-Adams swap could make sense, but it’s hard to know where the Grizz will be once Morant returns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, by "draft capital", I'd say borderline 1st, as in late or maybe even multiple 2nds and "rotational C", the bar is as low as anyone better than Fernando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, don’t count on the Spurs landing a big time player through either free agency (obviously) or trade. Most of the ones who are available for trade are severely flawed: broken goods (Simmons), unpredictable (Irving, Harden), or prefer one destination (Lillard). I expect the Spurs to build inhouse from here on out and only attain good role players through those two avenues I mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find interesting that Immanuel Quickley hasn't been signed to an extension. It's understandable that Knicks haven't done it because they already have Jalen Brunson. Quickley will likely en up with another team, one way or another, in the coming year.

I think Spurs will look at first at the 2024 Draft to get their future starting PG but, if they don't find one, Quickley might be a decent fall back plan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find interesting that Immanuel Quickley hasn't been signed to an extension. It's understandable that Knicks haven't done it because they already have Jalen Brunson. Quickley will likely en up with another team, one way or another, in the coming year.

I think Spurs will look at first at the 2024 Draft to get their future starting PG but, if they don't find one, Quickley might be a decent fall back plan.
    I don't even think we'll give Quickley a look. We have shown we want length at that position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think an extension would have made Quickley ineligible to be traded this season? Knicks are prowling around Embiid and maybe other places.

And I think IQ's team wants more of a bag, so weren't wanting an extension right now.

For the Spurs, I honestly don't know if he's better than Vassell. Dev is a year younger and I think will fully eclipse him this year. Mentioning because I don't think Quickley is really a point guard. He's more in the Massey/Simons mold where he's an undersize SG. Not that he/they can't run point, but that Quickley doesn't provide anything for the Spurs (at price point).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a huge fan of Quickley, but he has his advocates. The Spurs could free up more than $30 Million in cap space depending on how aggressive they want to be about it (trading off guys like Graham, cutting non-guarantee contracts, getting off some of the pick holds). I think it's more likely they try to take salary for another year, though I imagine purely selling it for picks is over. Between Graham and Osman, they have the matching salary to bring in a decent vet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think an extension would have made Quickley ineligible to be traded this season? Knicks are prowling around Embiid and maybe other places.
    He wouldn't've been ineligible for a trade, but he would've been under the poison pill restriction that makes it hard to match salary. But a team that traded for him could've extended him immediately. If there was going to be incentive for a team to want Quickley locked in, that would have meant the trade would have been done before the deadline. Any team trading for him would still inherit his RFA rights next year, so I don't think him not being signed is going to hurt his chances of being dealt.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley is not better than Vassell. He's definitely not the answer at PG and unless you move Branham I don't see the logic. I also prefer Branham over him... at least for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Quickley, and think he's one of the best under the radar guys in the league. He played 81 games last year, starting 21, and here are his stats as a starter:

22.6 ppg
    5.4 rpg
    5.1 apg
    .401 3pt%
    .605 TS%

His on court/off court numbers are in the Ginobili category, hugely in the positive for all three of his years with the Knicks, despite a constantly changing roster and dozens of different line ups. I think he has proven at this point that he's a big time positive team influence.

+/- per 100 poss
    On court/ on-off

2021: +6.8/+6.6
    2022: +7.9/ +13.8
    2023: +6.7/ +8.6

It's so rare to see #s like that for players that aren't all stars/ all NBA types. At 6'3", he's undersized for a SG, but I like him at PG, where his size is fine. The line ups with him & Brunson together were among the most successful combos that the Knicks posted last season, despite being an undersized duo-- but again, I like him at PG, not SG. And he's still only 24 years old.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-24-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Quickley, and think he's one of the best under the radar guys in the league. He played 81 games last year, starting 21, and here are his stats as a starter:

22.6 ppg
    5.4 rpg
    5.1 apg
    .401 3pt%
    .605 TS%

His on court/off court numbers are in the Ginobili category, hugely in the positive for all three of his years with the Knicks, despite a constantly changing roster and dozens of different line ups. I think he has proven at this point that he's a big time positive team influence.

+/- per 100 poss
    On court/ on-off

2021: +6.8/+6.6
    2022: +7.9/ +13.8
    2023: +6.7/ +8.6

It's so rare to see #s like that for players that aren't all stars/ all NBA types. At 6'3", he's undersized for a SG, but I like him at PG, where his size is fine. The line ups with him & Brunson together were among the most successful combos that the Knicks posted last season, despite being an undersized duo-- but again, I like him at PG, not SG. And he's still only 24 years old.
    I am an IQ fan as well. Brunson really makes it tough for the Knicks to give him what he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am an IQ fan as well. Brunson really makes it tough for the Knicks to give him what he wants.

Yeah, agreed... he seems destined to move on from a team with like 7 rotation guys that are 6'5" or smaller.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even think we'll give Quickley a look. We have shown we want length at that position.
    Yeah, as I said ad nauseam this off season (don't tempt me, Chinook), if they wanted to, they had (and have) the assets to minimally make the Knicks give strong consideration to trading him.

My sense is the only way starting PG X becomes a small guard, is if they're a superstar or star offensively. Anything less and it'll be someone in the mold of Murray, White or Primo.

Post Count
    IMO, don’t count on the Spurs landing a big time player through either free agency (obviously) or trade. Most of the ones who are available for trade are severely flawed: broken goods (Simmons), unpredictable (Irving, Harden), or prefer one destination (Lillard). I expect the Spurs to build inhouse from here on out and only attain good role players through those two avenues I mentioned.
    pretty much all the good players that we would want are two to three years away from being FAs or their teams seeking compensation in trades.

Thread Information