San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ spurraider21, I knew it would be him before even looking it up
    its gonna be a good meme for a while tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he hit 42.5% of them last year, higher than his career average
    It had been a steady decline for 4-5 years before that. I don’t trust a one year bump on a downgrade, especially going into extension eligibility. Call it the Bonzi Wells effect. If you go through his career stats, you can very easily pick out which years were contract ones.
    Last edited by exstatic; 09-21-2023 at 06:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had been a steady decline for 4-5 years before that. I don’t trust a one year bump on a downgrade, especially going into extension eligibility. Call it the Bonzi Wells effect. If you go through his career stats, you can very easily pick out which years were contract ones.
    He just hit 42.5% in a non contract year. He’s hit under 39% exactly one season in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just hit 42.5% in a non contract year. He’s hit under 39% exactly one season in his career
    Back in Bonzi's day, extensions were crap, much lower than a new deal. Now, there isn't as much difference, so the extension eligible year is the one to show out if you're otherwise unmotivated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in Bonzi's day, extensions were crap, much lower than a new deal. Now, there isn't as much difference, so the extension eligible year is the one to show out if you're otherwise unmotivated.
    im not talking about bonzi wells

buddy hield is coming off a season shooting 42.5% from 3 and was not in a contract year. he has shot under 39% from 3 exactly one season in his 7 years in the league. if you are going to call "extension eligible years" contract years then you're just watering your claim down since youre basically doubling the amount of years that can be considered contract years

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not in the habit of randomly posting players statlines
    There won't be anything random about it. That's why I asked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There won't be anything random about it. That's why I asked.
    i wont be starting a jimmer tracker type thread, dont worry

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wont be starting a jimmer tracker type thread, dont worry
    I didn't say it would be a thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it would be a thread.
    are you looking for a commitment right now on how many times i will discuss stats of another nba player over the course of the upcoming season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masai Ujiri throwing Siakam under the bus unprompted on media day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chatter picking up about Harden to the Clippers. LAC can't offer much (and won't). They seem to be trying to get more draft assets than an unprotected FRP and a swap but I doubt there's anything in it for the Spurs. Earlier in the summer I was interested in peeling off Plumlee or even Zubac -- they're in money as a team -- but the Spurs seem pretty pat right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chatter picking up about Harden to the Clippers. LAC can't offer much (and won't). They seem to be trying to get more draft assets than an unprotected FRP and a swap but I doubt there's anything in it for the Spurs. Earlier in the summer I was interested in peeling off Plumlee or even Zubac -- they're in money as a team -- but the Spurs seem pretty pat right now.
    Im sure the Harden camp is desperate to gin up whatever they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure the Harden camp is desperate to gin up whatever they can.
    Absolutely. It's even worse than with Lillard, though. Same thing with publicly wanting only one team. That team has barely anything to give. And Harden has shoved himself off three teams in four years, is older, and you have to build an offense around him pounding the out of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey must have been pissed at the Dame trade, where the direct haul was one FRP and two swaps. He'll just have to realize that it's harder work these days, and that he might have to take players, and flip them for further assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey also has to contend with the inconvenient fact that no one really wants Harden

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey also has to contend with the inconvenient fact that no one really wants Harden
    He’s been miserable almost everywhere he’s played. It’s looking more and more like he’s miles away from putting a positive stamp on the end of his career. I do think Morey probably led him to believe certain things by opting in. Perhaps an outline of a deal in place etc. But there wasn’t a strong FA market for him to begin with unless he was going to take a massive paycut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t have time to look for it now, but apparently the story from Houston was that a Max contract was a done deal, but Harden stated his top goal was to be scoring champ so Ime said that and pulled the offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t have time to look for it now, but apparently the story from Houston was that a Max contract was a done deal, but Harden stated his top goal was to be scoring champ so Ime said that and pulled the offer.
    Not sure Ime would really have a say here tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Ime would really have a say here tbh.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2023/10/04/ro...mbitions-clear

Definitely more skeptical of this story since its coming from Stephen A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2023/10/04/ro...mbitions-clear

Definitely more skeptical of this story since its coming from Stephen A
    The "if true" to start the last paragraph and other "perhaps", plus the sensational way the article is written definitely makes you pause... But who knows, even though I really have a hard time believing Ime would force a willing HOU FO to renounce the trade. I mean like any coach he could be fired at the end of the season, or even before, if things are going bad (or he bangs another personal member). They may ask their coach's opinion, but that kind of trade is ultimately only validated (or not) by GMs and owners (Pop aside) if you ask me. Not to mention the fragile position Ime was before being hired by Houston. Not sure he would already have that kind of power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "if true" to start the last paragraph and other "perhaps", plus the sensational way the article is written definitely makes you pause... But who knows, even though I really have a hard time believing Ime would force a willing HOU FO to renounce the trade. I mean like any coach he could be fired at the end of the season, or even before, if things are going bad (or he bangs another personal member). They may ask their coach's opinion, but that kind of trade is ultimately only validated (or not) by GMs and owners (Pop aside) if you ask me. Not to mention the fragile position Ime was before being hired by Houston. Not sure he would already have that kind of power.
    It wasn’t a trade. It was a free agent signing. Houston had cap room. There was nothing to renounce. And Ime is seen as a savior of sorts in Houston. Especially during this “honeymoon” stage he may very well have some juice in regards to team construction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t seem long ago when Harden forced his way out of Houston, deliberately playing lousy badketball and Houston would want him back??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones requested to be traded?

I have officially requested to be traded from the Charlotte Hornets. #GOATLIFE Per his twitter

I don’t know how to paste those twitter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones requested to be traded?

I have officially requested to be traded from the Charlotte Hornets. #GOATLIFE Per his twitter

I don’t know how to paste those twitter
    Might be worth a far out 2nd and hook him up with Primo’s shrink. What could go wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones is one of the biggest nothingburgers in the NBA. He got drafted because he can jump high.

Thread Information