Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA and Houston did the exact opposite things and both got panned for it. There's no way to win with these guys.
    now you are pretending that the only options were to do exactly what the spurs did and do exactly what houston did

(fwiw i was generally pleased with how our offseason went. i do wish we took a swing at at least one of the RFAs mentioned, but using our cap room to acquire picks is fine by me)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you are pretending that the only options were to do exactly what the spurs did and do exactly what houston did
    How are we signing anyone? We have had up to 20 guaranteed nba contracts this summer, and still have 18.

Anyway,it doesn’t matter if we see these as the only options, or if we see a million options. The Spurs said they were going to see how things would go with who they have now, and they did exactly that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are we signing anyone? We have had up to 20 guaranteed nba contracts this summer, and still have 18.

Anyway,it doesn’t matter if we see these as the only options, or if we see a million options. The Spurs said they were going to see how things would go with who they have now, and they did exactly that.
    nobody is denying what the spurs said (or rather what timvp reported was their thinking). the question is whether what they did was good

if i told you i was going to my pants and then i did, i'd still deserve criticism for it, and wouldnt be able to lean back and say "you shouldnt criticize me because i told you what i was going to do and then i did it"

i think the spurs overall did well but left some meat on the bone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is denying what the spurs said (or rather what timvp reported was their thinking). the question is whether what they did was good

if i told you i was going to my pants and then i did, i'd still deserve criticism for it, and wouldnt be able to lean back and say "you shouldnt criticize me because i told you what i was going to do and then i did it"

i think the spurs overall did well but left some meat on the bone
    What meat was left on the bone?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What meat was left on the bone?
    We're going to get a lot of Austin Reaves stat lines posted here this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spotrac article ranking the worst signings/acquisitions

https://www.spotrac.com/news/worst-d...ffseason-2017/
    What complete trash. Not only does he undercut his argument at least 3 times, but ignores the fact that the Spurs did get decent assets within the context of a ty summer market. In a world where teams were not giving up FRPs getting that swap was pretty damn good.

Basically this guy is a Suns, Celtics or Warriors fan who is pissed that the Spurs didn’t make the Lakers pay more for Reeves. Peddling the same Bill Simmons complaint, which curiously Simmons himself back away from some after the Italians dominated Reeves in the World Cup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is denying what the spurs said (or rather what timvp reported was their thinking). the question is whether what they did was good...I think the spurs overall did well but left some meat on the bone
    Wright said just that in press conference. And I really don't see any kind of pertinent move that wouldn't hurt long term development spurs could have made.

You have a bunch of intriguing young players on your team, it's not stupid to see who you can actually relying on around Wemby before making structural moves. Why suddenly blowing up the plan when Wemby hasn't played one NBA game and you're not excatly sure what position he'll be more comfortable with, and who would better fit around? It's pretty wise to use this year to see exactly what could be the iden y of your team with Victor, before trying to upgrade with all the assets you have. And again, what move anyway spurs could have done? Let's not overestimate the value our youngsters have in other GMs eyes.

Reaves was never leaving LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup— this is just fans being butt hurt about the Reeves thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a verified fact that the only free agents in the nba this offseason were Vanvleet, Brooks, and Reaves

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a verified fact that the only free agents in the nba this offseason were Vanvleet, Brooks, and Reaves
    Reaves is the one you bring up the most, but OK -- whose stat lines will you be posting this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was actually available this summer? Who was available for only a single season? IMO only Brook Lopez was really enticing and he was always going back to Milwaukee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaves was never leaving LA.
    Right, and this is the end of it. Austin Reaves was a RESTRICTED free agent and the Lakers couldn't afford to let him go, anyone thinking there was a chance of him leaving LA is delusional. The only real choice the Spurs had was screwing the Lakers over, or taking another 2nd round pick. That is why Bill Simmons is so salty, not because of what the Spurs lost (i.e, NOTHING) but because of what THE LAKERS COULD HAVE LOST (all he really cares about). But as it stands right now we're on a different timeline than the Lakers, so as nice as screwing them over would have been it wasn't worth it right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DroppingDimes saying Nurkic for Ayton is being discussed. Toronto trying to get Dame, but Dame only wants Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DroppingDimes saying Nurkic for Ayton is being discussed.
    What is a trade that makes both teams worse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaves is the one you bring up the most, but OK -- whose stat lines will you be posting this season?
    I’m not in the habit of randomly posting players statlines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith is definitely better at analyzing hoops than the members of ST.com, but it's good to see Spurs fans back to criticizing any contrary opinion the media writes. WE BACK.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Pacers trying to move Buddy Hield. Extension talks failed. He’s on a $19M expiring.

Consolidation trade anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Pacers trying to move Buddy Hield. Extension talks failed. He’s on a $19M expiring.

They're moving him because he's a one trick pony who was extremely valuable when he was shooting 43% from long, but much less so when shooting 38% from long. He really does nothing else, and in 9 seasons, he has 21 win shares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

consolidating for the sake of consolidating is meh. its not like the pacers will be attaching draft compensation to unload him, and i dont think we actually want hield on the team (as opposed to a hypothetical consolidation deal with lowry, where his presence would be welcomed).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of these 3 2022-23 stat lines, which one would you prefer for this team?

FG% 3P% eFG% USG% WS/48 DBPM BPM VORP
    Player A .458 .425 .596 20.8 .085 -0.6 1.9 2.4
    Player B .457 .413 .575 19.2 .035 -2.5 -3.2 -0.4
    Player C .409 .380 .569 10.0 .056 -0.3 -2.6 -0.4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy that Hield has the most total points of anyone in his draft class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy that Hield has the most total points of anyone in his draft class
    Man that's one ty draft class. Holy crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're moving him because he's a one trick pony who was extremely valuable when he was shooting 43% from long, but much less so when shooting 38% from long. He really does nothing else, and in 9 seasons, he has 21 win shares.
    he hit 42.5% of them last year, higher than his career average

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of these 3 2022-23 stat lines, which one would you prefer for this team?

FG% 3P% eFG% USG% WS/48 DBPM BPM VORP
    Player A .458 .425 .596 20.8 .085 -0.6 1.9 2.4
    Player B .457 .413 .575 19.2 .035 -2.5 -3.2 -0.4
    Player C

Player D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ spurraider21, I knew it would be him before even looking it up

Thread Information