Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know - Im saying he didn’t get signed last season either after asking out and still not signed. All after him both playing well and asking out
    I think teams weighed years of meh play against 30 good Spurs games, and decided that it was a mirage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    ·
    7m
    The San Antonio Spurs renounced the free agent rights to Romeo Langford.
    Removes a fairly large (~$17M, former late lottery pick) cap hold. Wonder if something's up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Removes a fairly large (~$17M, former late lottery pick) cap hold. Wonder if something's up.
    Renouncing Langford was a given. It's certainly possible something's up, but I wouldn't necessarily infer that from this bit of information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a formality tbh. Not necessarily the sign of something imminent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Renouncing Langford was a given. It's certainly possible something's up, but I wouldn't necessarily infer that from this bit of information.
    Oh, sure it was a given, but the Spurs don't do any transactions until they have to, as a rule. Why didn't they renounce him on the first day of FA?

I'm also thinking they will sit at 17 or 18 guaranteed NBA roster contracts until the roster cut down day in order to leave open the possibility of being involved in a trade up until the last minute.

edit: now that we're above the 'floor', Stevens will be cut before his guarantee date, which I believe is 1 August.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, sure it was a given, but the Spurs don't do any transactions until they have to, as a rule. Why didn't they renounce him on the first day of FA?

I'm also thinking they will sit at 17 or 18 guaranteed NBA roster contracts until the roster cut down day in order to leave open the possibility of being involved in a trade up until the last minute.

edit: now that we're above the 'floor', Stevens will be cut before his guarantee date, which I believe is 1 August.
    The Spurs, as far as I know, have never prevented a guy from catching on somewhere else. They wouldn't keep him longer than necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, they're renouncing Langford because they need cap space to make a move. This move is known, it's the Bullock trade that should be made official soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    ·
    17m
    The Utah Jazz renounced the free agent rights to Udoka Azubuike, Johnny Juzang and Juan Toscano-Anderson. These are in addition to renouncing the free agents rights to Hassan Whiteside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    ·
    18m
    The Houston Rockets renounced the free agent rights to DJ Augustin, Willie Cauley-Stein, Michael Frazier, Frank Kaminsy and Boban Marjanovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    ·
    18m
    The Houston Rockets renounced the free agent rights to DJ Augustin, Willie Cauley-Stein, Michael Frazier, Frank Kaminsy and Boban Marjanovic.

now theres a list of scrubs minus Boban of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    2m
    Philadelphia 76ers restricted free agent F Paul Reed Jr., has signed a three-year, $23M offer sheet with the Utah Jazz, his agent Ron Shade of Octagon Basketball tells ESPN. Sixers have until Sunday at 11:59 PM ET to match sheet and retain Reed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , this move by Danny Ainge is so original: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...zz-offer-sheet

The Jazz offered Paul Reed a 3 year/$23mil contract where the first year is guaranteed but years 2 & 3 are only guaranteed if his team advances to the conference semifinals, thus "Given where the two franchises stand, it is more likely the Sixers would have to guarantee the $15.7 million total for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 seasons than the Jazz."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , this move by Danny Ainge is so original: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...zz-offer-sheet

The Jazz offered Paul Reed a 3 year/$23mil contract where the first year is guaranteed but years 2 & 3 are only guaranteed if his team advances to the conference semifinals, thus "Given where the two franchises stand, it is more likely the Sixers would have to guarantee the $15.7 million total for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 seasons than the Jazz."

Pretty insulting by Ainge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why Insulting? I think it's smart as . Plus Paul Reed deserves a restart after being misused by the 76ers his entire time there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Insulting? I think it's smart as . Plus Paul Reed deserves a restart after being misused by the 76ers his entire time there.
    How is saying he doesn't deserve a full contract and tying the remaining years on the very unlikely outsized performance of his team as a whole not insulting? Ainge basically saying, "Ha, you, I don't respect you."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is saying he doesn't deserve a full contract and tying the remaining years on the very unlikely outsized performance of his team as a whole not insulting? Ainge basically saying, "Ha, you, I don't respect you."
    If he was actually insulted then he doesn't have to sign it. What a lame take. Plus he's being guaranteed over $7 million the first year. I didn't expect to see Reed get that type of offer. For a guy who hasn't shown a whole lot who has made a total of $4 million in his career this is a home run.
    Last edited by buttsR4rebounding; 07-08-2023 at 12:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge: "I want to give you more money than you deserve"

Reed: "I'm offended"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think that stipulation is more to dissuade the 76ers from matching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The depth the Jazz have in their front court now is impressive: Kessler, Collins, Markkanen, Olynyk, Taylor Hendricks, and maybe Paul Reed. Ainge is compiling a whole bunch of draft assets + role players for the inevitable future trade.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The depth the Jazz have in their front court now is impressive: Kessler, Collins, Markkanen, Olynyk, Taylor Hendricks, and maybe Paul Reed. Ainge is compiling a whole bunch of draft assets + role players for the inevitable future trade.
    He's only been successful once, and that's how he did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge: "I want to give you more money than you deserve"

Reed: "I'm offended"
    “I’m offended! But where do I sign?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count