Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to envision a FA class y'all think would be worthy of spending money on. Do ya'll need to see the tank team the bed for one more season before pulling the trigger on someone?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you drafted a bunch of guys at once, most of them won't succeed because most don't anyways, wherever they're drafted. That's not to say you shouldn't have a developmental plan for any player you draft, but within certain parameters there's no reason why you can't have 3 at once and be successful, provided you actually PICK RIGHT AND WITH A PURPOSE.
    And give your players an environment where they can develop, and then allow them to develop.

The Rockets seem to be run by a committee of message board fans, because they draft without thought, overfill their roster, throw players away and sign anybody who agrees to a huge contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to envision a FA class y'all think would be worthy of spending money on. Do ya'll need to see the tank team the bed for one more season before pulling the trigger on someone?
    Easy, 2011 FA class or gtfo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

Guys you think the Spurs should help Miami and Portland if they are willing to give us some first round picks for our second round picks?

Maybe we can grab a bad contract example: Nurkic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re about to see a consolidation of current spurs players after this season. Seems like the smart thing to take stock of what you have before that, and then assess where to go shopping for FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

Guys you think the Spurs should help Miami and Portland if they are willing to give us some first round picks for our second round picks?

Usually not a fan of helping teams that our player favorites like Miami unless it's a good player coming to SA. Seems Wright has spent more time helping Miami the last couple days than San Antonio and i'd be interesting if we our helping them acquire dame.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

Welcome aboard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Plumlee is still available. Throw some money at him, extend Vassel and Collins and onward through the fog…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I say fck it, try to find some hidden gem at the summer league. Plumlee or whoever else is still out there won’t matter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

It's a pretty nasty contract - around $20 million for the next three seasons. Similar to Duncan Robinson. Their teams want to get rid of them but the Spurs are looking for salary flexibility going forward. I don't think either team has the draft capital to move them and I don't think the Spurs, at this point, would do it if they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not taking the bait…
    what bait?

if it were me, I would have taken Ausar Thompson. I feel he is the better of the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hirschof Retweeted
    Kelly Iko KellyIko
    7m
    Recently-acquired point guard Patty Mills is not staying in Houston and will be rerouted, sources tell @TheAthletic. He is being looped into the Dillon Brooks sign-and-trade in an expanded deal, sources say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania
    4m
    Free agent center Alex Len has agreed to a one-year, $3.2 million contract to re-sign with the Sacramento Kings, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Agent Michael Lelchitski of sigSports negotiated the deal for Len’s return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hirschof Retweeted
    Kelly Iko KellyIko
    7m
    Recently-acquired point guard Patty Mills is not staying in Houston and will be rerouted, sources tell @TheAthletic. He is being looped into the Dillon Brooks sign-and-trade in an expanded deal, sources say
    That... makes no sense. Unless he told them no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    42s
    Free agent G Dante Exum – a former No. 5 overall pick – is returning to the NBA on a guaranteed deal with the Dallas Mavericks, his agent Brandon Rosenthal tells ESPN. After leading Partizan to their first le in a decade, Exum brings his perimeter versatility to the Mavs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a pretty nasty contract - around $20 million for the next three seasons. Similar to Duncan Robinson. Their teams want to get rid of them but the Spurs are looking for salary flexibility going forward. I don't think either team has the draft capital to move them and I don't think the Spurs, at this point, would do it if they did.
    Maybe give Doug Mcdermott for Duncan Robinson (We can use that clause)
    • 2025-26: Early Termination Option (deadline 6/29/25)

Robinson is younger and he can help coming from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it federal law that agents must be mentioned in any and all tweets involving their clients.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    claxton & conley in 2024 will be the spurs priorities in free agency.....both will be spurs next season........both fill what spurs want......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Houston is waiving Patty. Wonder if the Spurs have any interest.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually not a fan of helping teams that our player favorites like Miami unless it's a good player coming to SA. Seems Wright has spent more time helping Miami the last couple days than San Antonio and i'd be interesting if we our helping them acquire dame.
    Another bull malcontent “fan”. There’s nothing wrong with being pragmatic. Our FO stated that they weren’t interested in getting into burdensome contracts that would tie us up as things develop. We have a ton of flexibility going forward and I’d like to see that flexibility remain going into the trade deadline if not the next draft.

We’re not in dire desperate need here. We can play the long game for a season and see how our roster shapes up.

Clearly the team wants to assess the handful of projects we’ve gathered. Some might just pan out and become legitimate role players. Nearly every promising player we took a liking to is returning. That’s a good sign.

Spending money just to spend money is a dumb idea.

I’m glad we aren’t doing just to do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Patty back for the culture

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to envision a FA class y'all think would be worthy of spending money on.
    It's really easy to envision a FA class better than this summer's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god the patty era is ova

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe give Doug Mcdermott for Duncan Robinson (We can use that clause)
    • 2025-26: Early Termination Option (deadline 6/29/25)

Robinson is younger and he can help coming from the bench.
    Holy .

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

I'd be interested if we can somehow land one of Portlands young guards.

Thread Information