Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby shot 3-12 5 games ago. These are young kids with plenty of inconsistencies. Giving up on them too soon when there's absolutely no reason to do so is dumb. I ask again, what's there to lose with making Branham the #2 option from here till the end of the season? Absolutely nothing. If the experiment doesn't work out, he keeps being a fringe rotation player, nothing changes; but if it does work out, you get an improved player with boosted confidence that will keep getting better, tbh.
    I’m one of the first to remind of patience for the young players, but we’ve seen so many of those clunker performances that drawing an analogy to a bad game from Wemby is absurd. Many posters have elaborated on the reasons they want to see other players in action. In the case of Branham and Champagnie, the sample size is getting to be rather large. At this late stage in the season, I’m not sure we find out any more about either of those two, actually. People have seen enough of the bad D, bad shooting, bad playmaking. That’s a pretty good reason to want to see what some of our other guys can do, or at least Sidy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. After the Sochan PG experiment, Branham started for many games.
    I know, but it was a short stint. What I'm saying is that we have seen Malakai more coming off the bench than a starter. We have never seen what he can do if given #2 option touches, that's why I think it would be a nice trial to have from here to the end of the season, with basically nothing to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m one of the first to remind of patience for the young players, but we’ve seen so many of those clunker performances that drawing an analogy to a bad game from Wemby is absurd. Many posters have elaborated on the reasons they want to see other players in action. In the case of Branham and Champagnie, the sample size is getting to be rather large. At this late stage in the season, I’m not sure we find out any more about either of those two, actually. People have seen enough of the bad D, bad shooting, bad playmaking. That’s a pretty good reason to want to see what some of our other guys can do, or at least Sidy.
    What other players besides Sidy? Because, like I said, I would start both, tbh. I really don't see the benefit in starting guys that won't be here next seasons like Graham and Osman, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And people think we’re not tanking. If Branham is bringing the ball up and initiating the offense in the second half, pop is throwing the game. It’s the ‘tell’.
    its weird to refer to yourself in the 3rd person. a lot of people here were lamenting all along about how we had clearly geared up for another tank year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its weird to refer to yourself in the 3rd person. a lot of people here were lamenting all along about how we had clearly geared up for another tank year
    There were people saying that the three game heater proved we weren’t.

Third person would be if instead of saying ‘I’, I used my own first name. Fred (not my real first name) doesn’t like beer. That’s third person.

Say we or we’re is pretty common with sports teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other players besides Sidy? Because, like I said, I would start both, tbh. I really don't see the benefit in starting guys that won't be here next seasons like Graham and Osman, tbh.
    You can argue for or against anyone on the roster or in Austin. Seeing more of our different players also feels more palatable as far as moving on from the stink of this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malakai has already been benched. What else could he probably learn from another benching? In fact, I would argue that could set his game back, instead of improving it. In contrast, the confidence of being the #2 option could propel him to another level.

And, like I said, I would start both, Malakai and Sidy. I don't see what's the benefit of starting a guy like Graham (that won't be in the roster next season) over Malakai, like Chinook suggested.
    Thank u was hoping someone would point out his being benched for several games, was pretty recent too and media directly questioned pop about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can argue for or against anyone on the roster or in Austin. Seeing more of our different players also feels more palatable as far as moving on from the stink of this season.
    We need to get realistic now. No undrafted player from the G-league is gonna come and be gifted a starter role and #2 touches.

Just like all of you, I don't buy Branham's stock, but this is a no-brainer scenario to have him "put up or shut up". One last chance to prove he belongs in the NBA. If can't deliver, no biggie, we get a high pick and the certainty that Malakai isn't going to be a piece moving forward. I really don't understand the pushback to such a no-brainer move, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea about what Teeds thought of Murray's stats. I don't keep receipts on other posters, and even if he did think that then, he has a right to think differently now. I know I wasn't a fan of his good defensive metrics during those early years, to the point that I thought he almost invalidated the stats. That said, he was at least within the realm of being an average player since his sop re season, which is a far cry from how Branham has graded out statistically. A big part of that may be the team he was on, which allowed him to play to his strengths and grow into his role rather than being thrown to the wolves like the Spurs young'uns have been the past few years. But the conversation about DJM was always around whether he was a good PG or a backup, whereas with MB it's about whether he can make it in the NBA or not.
    Even though he mentioned you by name, I couldn't tell if the question was directed at me or not.

If so, what you said, but also, I don't let personal taste become bias. I was never a Murray fan, but always acknowledged what the metrics indicated. Meanwhile, I was a Branham fan, but I'm not going to ignore what they indicate either.
    It wasn’t about “keeping receipts”. I was questioning the validity of the statement saying he had good metrics back then. That has nothing to do with what TD thought about his stats. The stats are what they are. And I didn’t recall enough if they were good or not, but I did remember you harping on DJ’s stats which made me doubt the statement. Hence, I tagged you to confirm whether it was true or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Chinook I know you’re all about that “who cares” at ude when it comes to who has been wrong or who has been right. My grudge with the whole thing are people who are so confidently incorrect that they spew nonsense over and over that others believe it. That’s something I’ll take to my grave whether you like it or not. My ultimate pet peeve is misinformation, so it is what it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get realistic now. No undrafted player from the G-league is gonna come and be gifted a starter role and #2 touches.

Just like all of you, I don't buy Branham's stock, but this is a no-brainer scenario to have him "put up or shut up". One last chance to prove he belongs in the NBA. If can't deliver, no biggie, we get a high pick and the certainty that Malakai isn't going to be a piece moving forward. I really don't understand the pushback to such a no-brainer move, tbh.
    Sorry to nitpick, but now you are implying that he earned starter minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to nitpick, but now you are implying that he earned starter minutes.
    Who did?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the last games of April as his last chance. He will get opportunities next year, though perhaps less. I think benching /not playing him makes sense because he's been given opportunities all season and had a good ten days out of several months. I want him to do well and agree with patience, but trying a different tactic like short term DNPs would at least be something different. The current approach hasn't worked yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG young fella!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will have some similar questions that sochan does. Main thing is they need to be impact defenders. Not just solid team defense guys. But difference makers. Sochan had games here and there where he was that.

they also have to be very good rebounders. Story of the season is Vic blocking or contesting a shot and nobody is there to help stop the offensive rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sidy could consistently hit corner 3’s at a league minimum percentage on a good volume he would be a nice second round get. Dude is good on defense and a pretty solid passer. His free throw shoot looks good also. I kinda like him better than Branham already. Lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sidy could consistently hit corner 3’s at a league minimum percentage on a good volume he would be a nice second round get. Dude is good on defense and a pretty solid passer. His free throw shoot looks good also. I kinda like him better than Branham already. Lmao.
    Looks can be deceiving. He shoots in the low 60s. There’s no area of actual shooting where he’s even average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Mamukelashvili and Devonte wouldn’t have gotten the team to the playoffs after all?

(Wrong thread)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks can be deceiving. He shoots in the low 60s. There’s no area of actual shooting where he’s even average.

well DAMN. lol.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offense is the occasional dunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Sidy is long for this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offense is the occasional dunk.
    He has decent handles and passing, but he has to drastically improve his shot. He makes Sochan look like Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information