Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already know what branham does.Hes very inconsitent at shooting.Dont play defence.Cant make play for others.Doesnt really have basketball iq.
    Rather others get a chance like duke jr or cissoko.
    He's in year 2, way too early to write him off. How many thought Murray was gonna be an all-star by year two? I'm not saying Branham has all-star level ceiling, but 6th man microwave offense type player, why not, tbh?

I think this is a perfect chance to play him 35 minutes a night, give him 15 to 20 shots and see what he can deliver.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I think starting Branham and giving him basically the Vassell role is a nice oportunity to see if he's anything more than a fringe rotation player.
    Branham has gotten plenty of opportunities all season. Giving him more opportunities at the expense of seeing what some of these other guys can do makes no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham has gotten plenty of opportunities all season. Giving him more opportunities at the expense of seeing what some of these other guys can do makes no sense
    Who are these other guys that wouldn't be getting opportunities?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense from PATFO’s pov to give Brahman more playing time for the remaining games. I’ve been very critic but also have seen some improvements and signs he could become a useful player.

Let’s see what he does with more possessions and pt, we’ve nothing to lose and he could surprise us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in year 2, way too early to write him off. How many thought Murray was gonna be an all-star by year two? I'm not saying Branham has all-star level ceiling, but 6th man microwave offense type player, why not, tbh?

I think this is a perfect chance to play him 35 minutes a night, give him 15 to 20 shots and see what he can deliver.
    Not because Murray blossomed, every rookie spurs draft in the 20s are gonna too. Murray was playing 22mn/game in year 2, for 8pt/6rb/3ass, already displaying his versatilty, size, defensive abilities (with his long arms) and court awareness. Despite the narratives, you could see the potential.

Branham didn't show any particular skill or ability, on both sides of the floor, he could make a career on as a main contributor.. Give anyone in the NBA 15 to 20 shots a night and they'll put 20+ points. This is a team game where awareness and BBIQ matter a lot, and opponents exploit yor limitations. Branham, just like Wesley, won't be with the spurs (or deep on the bench) in 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not because Murray blossomed, every rookie spurs draft in the 20s are gonna too. Murray was playing 22mn/game in year 2, for 8pt/6rb/3ass, already displaying his versatilty, size, defensive abilities (with his long arms) and court awareness. Despite the narratives, you could see the potential.

Branham didn't show any particular skill or ability, on both sides of the floor, he could make a career on as a main contributor.. Give anyone in the NBA 15 to 20 shots a night and they'll put 20+ points. This is a team game where awareness and BBIQ matter a lot, and opponents exploit yor limitations. Branham, just like Wesley, won't be with the spurs (or deep on the bench) in 2-3 years.
    Unfortunately the search function doesn't work, if not I could look for the comments from guys ing about Murray and asking to get rid of him as late as in his 5th season, tbh.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on Branham developing in that way, but hey, I wouldn't have bet on DJ either. But giving him the chance to prove himself in this last stretch of the season is a no brainer, tbh. What would the Spurs lose with such experiment? Absolutely nothig, so I don't see why you guys are making such a fuss about it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately the search function doesn't work, if not I could look for the comments from guys ing about Murray and asking to get rid of him as late as in his 5th season, tbh.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on Branham developing in that way, but hey, I wouldn't have bet on DJ either. But giving him the chance to prove himself in this last stretch of the season is a no brainer, tbh. What would the Spurs lose with such experiment? Absolutely nothig, so I don't see why you guys are making such a fuss about it, tbh.
    i always loved murray here. though in full transparency i was at one time in favor of shipping him to philly along with picks for ben simmons before i knew that both his body and spirit had been broken. wasnt because i didnt like murray, but it was before murray made that second leap and when simmons looked like he could be a legit cornerstone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Branham hater, but we just gave him 31 minutes and were rewarded with 5-14 shooting and 1-6 on 3s. You can say the same about Champagnie, lots of minutes and not a lot of production. These are bottom of roster fodder at this point, once we bring in new players they are candidates to be among the first to go. Whether that be traded or waived.

Now, the plus side of playing those two is it helps us lose games, so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Branham hater, but we just gave him 31 minutes and were rewarded with 5-14 shooting and 1-6 on 3s. You can say the same about Champagnie, lots of minutes and not a lot of production. These are bottom of roster fodder at this point, once we bring in new players they are candidates to be among the first to go. Whether that be traded or waived.

Now, the plus side of playing those two is it helps us lose games, so there's that.
    Wemby shot 3-12 5 games ago. These are young kids with plenty of inconsistencies. Giving up on them too soon when there's absolutely no reason to do so is dumb. I ask again, what's there to lose with making Branham the #2 option from here till the end of the season? Absolutely nothing. If the experiment doesn't work out, he keeps being a fringe rotation player, nothing changes; but if it does work out, you get an improved player with boosted confidence that will keep getting better, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure and he'll get it by default. The difference between him and Murray is, the latter always had various advanced metrics that indicated a starting caliber player was within' him somewhere, whereas the former's so far indicate he's a replacement player and arguably the worst rotation player in the league.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, benching Branham for Sidy for 1-2 games could be a wakeup call for Branham to get serious. Or not. But he's clearly not earning minutes. He needs something to shake him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, benching Branham for Sidy for 1-2 games could be a wakeup call for Branham to get serious. Or not. But he's clearly not earning minutes. He needs something to shake him up.
    Why does it have one or the other? I would start both, tbh.

Tre, Branham, Champaigne, Sidy, Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it have one or the other? I would start both, tbh.

Tre, Branham, Champaigne, Sidy, Wemby.
    You could start both, but benching Malaki short term is to set boundaries and expectations. Try a different approach, basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could start both, but benching Malaki short term is to set boundaries and expectations. Try a different approach, basically.
    Set what boundaries? Branham has been on the bench the entire season, what would keeping him on the bench change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Set what boundaries? Branham has been on the bench the entire season, what would keeping him on the bench change?
    Not true. After the Sochan PG experiment, Branham started for many games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As in, don't play him a few games and see what happens. Play Sidy in his place. Helps the final tank, perhaps sends a message to Malaki to play better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One dimensional players are not worth developing. I wouldn't waist much more time with Branham because he will never be a good defender. I would rather have a person in that spot that at least has the potential to play both sides of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This notion that this is a good “new” opportunity for Branham is ridiculous. He’s had plenty of playing time this season. We already have enough evidence of what he can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    For sure and he'll get it by default. The difference between him and Murray is, the latter always had various advanced metrics that indicated a starting caliber player was within' him somewhere, whereas the former's so far indicate he's a replacement player and arguably the worst rotation player in the league.
    Chime in here Chinook

because I’m pretty sure you were pretty vocal during Murray’s entire time here that his advanced metrics didn’t indicate much at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. After the Sochan PG experiment, Branham started for many games.
    tre only got a shot to start because branham got hurt as well

and he started when vassell was hurt. then they had to "ease vassell back" by having him come off the bench and branham continued starting in his place. plus last time shampenny missed a game, they started branham at the 3 while keeping keldon on the bench

seems pop just keeps trying to find excuses to play the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

Chime in here Chinook

because I’m pretty sure you were pretty vocal during Murray’s entire time here that his advanced metrics didn’t indicate much at all
    I have no idea about what Teeds thought of Murray's stats. I don't keep receipts on other posters, and even if he did think that then, he has a right to think differently now. I know I wasn't a fan of his good defensive metrics during those early years, to the point that I thought he almost invalidated the stats. That said, he was at least within the realm of being an average player since his sop re season, which is a far cry from how Branham has graded out statistically. A big part of that may be the team he was on, which allowed him to play to his strengths and grow into his role rather than being thrown to the wolves like the Spurs young'uns have been the past few years. But the conversation about DJM was always around whether he was a good PG or a backup, whereas with MB it's about whether he can make it in the NBA or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and he started when vassell was hurt. then they had to "ease vassell back" by having him come off the bench and branham continued starting in his place. plus last time shampenny missed a game, they started branham at the 3 while keeping keldon on the bench

To be fair, he should exhaust every opportunity to play him while he's still the top prospect at his position. I just hope the Spurs don't shy away from bringing in a newer guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And people think we’re not tanking. If Branham is bringing the ball up and initiating the offense in the second half, pop is throwing the game. It’s the ‘tell’.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea about what Teeds thought of Murray's stats. I don't keep receipts on other posters, and even if he did think that then, he has a right to think differently now.
    Even though he mentioned you by name, I couldn't tell if the question was directed at me or not.

If so, what you said, but also, I don't let personal taste become bias. I was never a Murray fan, but always acknowledged what the metrics indicated. Meanwhile, I was a Branham fan, but I'm not going to ignore what they indicate either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As in, don't play him a few games and see what happens. Play Sidy in his place. Helps the final tank, perhaps sends a message to Malaki to play better.
    Malakai has already been benched. What else could he probably learn from another benching? In fact, I would argue that could set his game back, instead of improving it. In contrast, the confidence of being the #2 option could propel him to another level.

And, like I said, I would start both, Malakai and Sidy. I don't see what's the benefit of starting a guy like Graham (that won't be in the roster next season) over Malakai, like Chinook suggested.

Thread Information