Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be a lotta things but it's not a second guess -- I was calling for GG if he fell to the 2d round a month before the draft.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10894084

And right after the draft.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10894084
    Damn dude, that's a great call. Did not see GG excelling like he has and I think that prospects like him are still too risky for my taste, but you're definitely looking like a prophet on that one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy not playing well tonight 0-7 and a technical foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone: spurs need more shooting

also everyone: why isnt sidy playing more with the big boys?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he has a big hill to climb but at least he can go make some money in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15%

That's like double Zach Collins since Tre became the starter.

Fits right in, practically a flamethrower
    Same as Amen Thompson tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C4gxG6wv...k4ZGJiZWZ6NA==

It’s not embedding correctly for Instagram. I haven’t seen any full games from Sidy or have looked at his stats this year but god damn these highlights are pretty damn impressive. Also got the game winner in OT last night. Not sure if it’s possible considering the roster room but if possible bring this kid up for the last bunch of games. This highlight real surprised the out of me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game winner?

"That's not who we are."

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may not be a shooter, but he has other nba skills, unlike the bricklayers that currently fill up the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sidy has a great future, has great motor, can facilitate and plays hard-nosed defense. He needs to work on sinking shots consistently, and then he would earn minutes with the big club. I’m rooting for this kid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Sidy was always a project and should be in the G League for a solid two years as he has many things he needs to work on. Which is not a bad thing he has potential but he has to be coached and has to get the playing time in order to grow and make progress in the things he is being taught. The biggest thing he needs to work on after this season is over is still his shooting the 3 ball and also his mid range game needs work....but as they say "Baby Steps"..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am glad we drafted Sidy. I still wish we could have also drafted Jackson-Davis. That is ok though.

This year, some of my second round guys are moving up quickly and that saddens me.

I am a big fan of Dillon Jones from Weber St. He was a late 2nd earlier this year, but now several mocks have him going in the 20s of the first round. I like Jones cause he fills up the stat sheet. He gets you double digit points, is a very good rebounder, is a very good passer, and also tries on defense (though he is not a world beater on that end). He is a natural leader out there.

I like Zach Edey, probably the only one, but he too has moved into the 20s of the first round in many mocks. I was hoping to get him in the late 2nd and use him for situational defensive moments and to cover the inbound late in games. He is very good at drawing fouls in college, shoots a lot of FTs and a good percentage. Not sure if he could do the same in the NBA, but it would have been worth the risk of the pick IMO.

I was a fan of PJ Hall early on, but I have soured on him. He isn't as consistent as I would like and I feel like he will really struggle in the NBA, since he is only average height and average athleticism. Somehow, he has shown to be the first round of a few mocks.

I hope Jones falls to us in the 2nd round. Another player that I hope falls to the 2nd round is Tyler Kolek from Marquette. I do not feel he is worthy of a first round pick, but he sure would be a nice addition and a mid-2nd round selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Austin game against the Capital City Go Go (really) is live on Bally TV now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy with another big game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rather have these two getting playing time over branham and champ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs should look at shutting it down a little early and just bring in Barlow, Duke, and Sidy, some big game playing time. That will at least give us a gauge on where they stand and maybe change who we pick in the second round in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1631321/

He's shooting 40.5% from the field, 14.3% from 3, and 63% from the line. I like his game, but it's hard to envision him having a future with the team unless he drastically improves those numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1631321/

He's shooting 40.5% from the field, 14.3% from 3, and 63% from the line. I like his game, but it's hard to envision him having a future with the team unless he drastically improves those numbers.
    I thought that must have been due to small sample size, but dude is jacking 4 3PA/game? wtf

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sidy looked good today in the hustle and fastbreak departments, but he still doesn't know how to play basketball yet. The whole team played pretty good D for as small as the lineup was but the ghost of Hamidou Diallo scored 35 points as well, so you can kind of see the level where Cissoko and Duke are. I don't think Jamaree Bouyea has real NBA potential but we're lucky to have a guy who can run an offense and he's been a steal machine since he was signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not a shot at Sidy but that was a terrible shot and decision.
    The simple fact he even thought he could drive (not at all his forte) tells about the level of the G league. It was a gross, out of control, slow drive where he runs right into his defender then throws an Hail Mariah that bounces on the rim, the backboard and somehow goes in.

No way he even tries that in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The simple fact he even thought he could drive (not at all his forte) tells about the level of the G league. It was a gross, out of control, slow drive where he runs right into his defender then throws an Hail Mariah that bounces on the rim, the backboard and somehow goes in.

if there was a place and time to try things, it’s the gleague tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that must have been due to small sample size, but dude is jacking 4 3PA/game? wtf
    Brutal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be honest your not going to be a better shooter if you don't shot the ball so keep on heaving them 3's

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His movements are just weird. He isn't explosive or quick and really struggles to get off the ground, looks to have a flabby body look with added weight. Very slow release on his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be honest your not going to be a better shooter if you don't shot the ball so keep on heaving them 3's
    There's only one way out if you're a Spurs player, take em and make em.

If you don't take (when open), Pop will bench you.

If you don't make em, Pop will cut you.

You have to take a swing.

As the Dominican baseball players said, when asked why they were such free swingers and seldom walked -- "You don't walk off the island."

Thread Information