Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    Guess u didn't see videos 4 posts up
    I meant is he getting a lot of minutes and playing well? Besides the cool dunk obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he still in Austin? Don't rookies usually get activated for the RRT?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rather him get a chance over champ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah would be nice to bring Sidy up to the big leagues for the last stretch of the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plays mean but smart! Pops gotta love this kid!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko's all around game was never the issue, the question is: can he shoot? like, AT ALL? This season he's shooting 15.4% from 3, but let's chalk it up to small sample. For his G League career, he's shooting 27% from 3 and 65% from the line. Needs to work on that A LOT if he's going to be successful in the NBA, can't have a roster filled with non shooters. Oh well, at the very least beats drafting a Thompson at 4/5, I guess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy how common the archetype of a defensive forward who can make plays but is unable to shoot is. It's like Thad Young had as much of an impression on young aspiring basketball players as Curry did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko's all around game was never the issue, the question is: can he shoot? like, AT ALL? This season he's shooting 15.4% from 3, but let's chalk it up to small sample. For his G League career, he's shooting 27% from 3 and 65% from the line. Needs to work on that A LOT if he's going to be successful in the NBA, can't have a roster filled with non shooters. Oh well, at the very least beats drafting a Thompson at 4/5, I guess
    15%

That's like double Zach Collins since Tre became the starter.

Fits right in, practically a flamethrower

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy how common the archetype of a defensive forward who can make plays but is unable to shoot is. It's like Thad Young had as much of an impression on young aspiring basketball players as Curry did.
    Watch Ryan Dunn get drafted and work on his playmaking instead of his shooting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really just highlights how hard it is to master the skill of great shooting ( passable shooting ). Some overcome it but it’s an Achilles heal for most unfortunately. I like buddys at ude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can tell Pop likes the guy’s defense and motor, on top of his potential PF skills. No doubt Sidy will get his chances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays hungry on defense and passes well. Who does the "big" team have that does that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with him is that I think he is a PF but he is only 6'6 and so far he has not shown any improvement on any outside shooting. But that is OK when they signed him I new he was a project so with those you definitely have to wait until year 3 before you hope to see any big changes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with him is that I think he is a PF but he is only 6'6 and so far he has not shown any improvement on any outside shooting. But that is OK when they signed him I new he was a project so with those you definitely have to wait until year 3 before you hope to see any big changes
    GG Jackson maybe might have been just a little bit better pick at that point in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG Jackson maybe might have been just a little bit better pick at that point in the draft.
    GG Jackson was an atrocious pick, absolutely awful in a historical sense. It's a miracle that he's actually productive and we'll see if it lasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG Jackson was an atrocious pick, absolutely awful in a historical sense.
    Not an awful pick at 45. Not even close.

The Spurs need to learn to use those 2d round picks -- there are obvious advantages (over 1st round picks) if they hit and little downside if they don't.

The Spurs have a lot of 2d rounders going forward, so they better learn how to use them -- that's where winning teams are often built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an awful pick at 45. Not even close.

The Spurs need to learn to use those 2d round picks -- there are obvious advantages (over 1st round picks) if they hit and little downside if they don't.

The Spurs have a lot of 2d rounders going forward, so they better learn how to use them -- that's where winning teams are often built.
    Yeah, he had about ten blazing red flags. There was no way the Spurs would have taken him. I mean, cry about it I guess. There was like a one percent chance he'd ever turn out, considering what he'd been doing. I still don't know if he'll do this long-term. Teams figure players out and he's a headcase.

Cissoko was the swing you're talking about. We already made that swing. And it was a pretty good swing. I mean, I'd rather have Trayce Jackson-Davis like I was calling for last year, but whatever.

But I guess Jackson is another player this ing fanbase is going to obsess over for ages. Again, just go be a Memphis fan if you like him so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he had about ten blazing red flags. There was no way the Spurs would have taken him. I mean, cry about it I guess. There was like a one percent chance he'd ever turn out, considering what he'd been doing. I still don't know if he'll do this long-term. Teams figure players out and he's a headcase.

Cissoko was the swing you're talking about. We already made that swing. And it was a pretty good swing. I mean, I'd rather have Trayce Jackson-Davis like I was calling for last year, but whatever.

But I guess Jackson is another player this ing fanbase is going to obsess over for ages. Again, just go be a Memphis fan if you like him so much.
    Calm down, man.

I don't like guys with red flags either (although I like em a lot more in the 2d round).

I've seen Isaiah Collier twice in person -- he's got red flags all over the place IMO. When the team huddles he walks off by himself with his back to the team and looks longingly at the tunnel to the dressing room (maybe he just needs to take a piss).

I haven't seen GG Jackson in person but I've seen him play long stretches of NBA games (vs highlight reels.)

He always has a smile on his face and engages with his teammates, helps em up from the floor, that kind of thing.

His last five games he's averaged 20.2 points, shooting .457 from 3 and .579 from 2.

He's 6'9", he's only 19 and he's doing this in the NBA -- most of the 19-year olds we talk about are in college or the G League and they don't even have such stats there.

The 2d round is the place where you take guys you think may have issues (even if you turn out to be wrong).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calm down, man.

I don't like guys with red flags either (although I like em a lot more in the 2d round).

I've seen Isaiah Collier twice in person -- he's got red flags all over the place IMO. When the team huddles he walks off by himself with his back to the team and looks longingly at the tunnel to the dressing room (maybe he just needs to take a piss).

I haven't seen GG Jackson in person but I've seen him play long stretches of NBA games (vs highlight reels.)

He always has a smile on his face and engages with his teammates, helps em up from the floor, that kind of thing.

His last five games he's averaged 20.2 points, shooting .457 from 3 and .579 from 2.

He's 6'9", he's only 19 and he's doing this in the NBA -- most of the 19-year olds we talk about are in college or the G League and they don't even have such stats there.

The 2d round is the place where you take guys you think may have issues (even if you turn out to be wrong).
    Think it's dangerous to second guess and re-litigate not picking GG Jackson if you're only looking at his NBA performance. He had very legitimate at ude concerns as well as issues with his feel in college. Maybe a guy like this pans out occasionally, but your downside risk is also significant. What if you end up with a Kevin Porter Jr for example? Sure you can cut him eventually if he doesn't pan out, but in the meantime he's probably not doing your locker room and your young players any favors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's dangerous to second guess and re-litigate not picking GG Jackson if you're only looking at his NBA performance.
    It may be a lotta things but it's not a second guess -- I was calling for GG if he fell to the 2d round a month before the draft.

Yet another benefit of getting Wemby is that the Spurs are back in their comfort zone again -- late first round/early second.

No en led overpaid prima donnas in the 2-5 range. Picking that early is (unfortunately) a great equalizer that minimizes draft expertise.

The Spurs can once again go after raw projects like GG Jackson (and a ton of others) who may fall. More upside with less anxiety on the line -- I love it.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10894084

And right after the draft.

They passed on Leonard Miller and GG Jackson, both guys with NBA bodies of the kind the Spurs could use (if they had any additional attributes). But the Spurs know who they can develop and who they can't, I trust their judgment in that area.

Rayan Rupert might end up looking good at 33 but who knows.

On the other side of the coin, bullets dodged, glad they passed on Jordan Walsh and Amari Bailey (not bad players but probably won't move the needle much on a crowded roster).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be a lotta things but it's not a second guess -- I was calling for GG if he fell to the 2d round a month before the draft.

And right after the draft.

damn...spurs need to hire you as a scout....who u liking in this draft this year tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG Jackson was an atrocious pick, absolutely awful in a historical sense. It's a miracle that he's actually productive and we'll see if it lasts.
    There is no such thing as an atrocious late 2nd round pick.

Thread Information