Page 148 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3739
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon man he's 20 year old young man, he can play 35 minutes a game.. dont act like he is 33 years old and treat him like 2011-2016 duncan.
    Great way to burn the kid out and get him hurt having to carry an NBA team on both sides of the floor 35 minutes a night like he's a five year vet used to that kind of workload. Guys like Jokic and SGA don't even play 35 minutes a night and you think a rookie needs to be doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This constant gliberish about Victor pt is beyond stupid. Victor is 19 y/o with a freakish body who clearly showed that he could not handle heavy minutes. Pop did a great job monitoring his pt, he did not prevent Victor from having the best rookie season ever and preserve his health which was btw the first and foremost priority.

Any SF ing about it is a massive idiot who has no clue of what they are talking about, waste of time to argue with tem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think the complaints about the in-season management are overblown and Wemby (and sane fans) can understand those reasons (even if they were frustrating/annoying/borderline silly).

The bigger issue is the one that Spurs have an opportunity to fix - the complete lack of talent around him. It shouldn't be excused a second year in a row. I'm not expecting a complete 180, but the Spurs at least gotta do something.

With that said, I'm completely prepared for them to run it back and for me to continue to believe Pop is past his expiry and needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but Victor could have 2 more ppg and 1 more bpg he could have won 10 more votes on the DPOTY Spurs would have won 5 more games

like really ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think the complaints about the in-season management are overblown and Wemby (and sane fans) can understand those reasons (even if they were frustrating/annoying/borderline silly).

The bigger issue is the one that Spurs have an opportunity to fix - the complete lack of talent around him. It shouldn't be excused a second year in a row. I'm not expecting a complete 180, but the Spurs at least gotta do something.

With that said, I'm completely prepared for them to run it back and for me to continue to believe Pop is past his expiry and needs to go.
    Good because that’s exactly what’s gonna happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This constant gliberish about Victor pt is beyond stupid. Victor is 19 y/o with a freakish body who clearly showed that he could not handle heavy minutes. Pop did a great job monitoring his pt, he did not prevent Victor from having the best rookie season ever and preserve his health which was btw the first and foremost priority.

Any SF ing about it is a massive idiot who has no clue of what they are talking about, waste of time to argue with tem.
    he's 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true... it changes everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great way to burn the kid out and get him hurt having to carry an NBA team on both sides of the floor 35 minutes a night like he's a five year vet used to that kind of workload. Guys like Jokic and SGA don't even play 35 minutes a night and you think a rookie needs to be doing it.

20 year old kid has better stamina than 26-30 years old men.. look at the minutes played most of alltime great players like jordan and lebron they played more minutes on their younger years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 year old kid has better stamina than 26-30 years old men.. look at the minutes played most of alltime great players like jordan and lebron they played more minutes on their younger years.
    No 19-20 year olds who haven't hit their physical prime do not have better stamina. And there is not a single player in the league that plays 38 minutes a night any more, not one. This isn't 2003 where teams walk the ball up the floor every possession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA players the height of Wemby are a different breed: that's a lot of oxygenated blood that their hearts have to pump. If you look at the stats of NBA rookies over 7'3", most averaged less than 30 minutes per game in their first year. Sampson averaged just over 32 but Holmgren, Eaton, Bradley, and Ming all averaged less than 30 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No 19-20 year olds who haven't hit their physical prime do not have better stamina. And there is not a single player in the league that plays 38 minutes a night any more, not one. This isn't 2003 where teams walk the ball up the floor every possession.

Wemby will never win mvp playing 32 minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA players the height of Wemby are a different breed: that's a lot of oxygenated blood that their hearts have to pump. If you look at the stats of NBA rookies over 7'3", most averaged less than 30 minutes per game in their first year. Sampson averaged just over 32 but Holmgren, Eaton, Bradley, and Ming all averaged less than 30 mpg.

Really? Shaq played 36 minutes or more in his first 12 seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luka played 37.5 minutes per game this season. Thats almost 38 minutes per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will never win mvp playing 32 minutes a game.
    Agreed, he'll probably be playing around 35 mpg by 2026-27 or maybe even 2025-26 when he starts hitting his physical prime and starts becoming a serious MVP candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka played 37.5 minutes per game this season. Thats almost 38 minutes per game.
    You brought up Jordan who played 38.3 as a rookie and LeBron who played 39.5 as a rookie in different eras, both more than anyone in the league plays today (DeRozan led the league in MPG this season at 37.8). Also Luka is 25 and in his physical prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Shaq played 36 minutes or more in his first 12 seasons
    Shaq's not a member of the set I defined. But even in his case, Shaq played three seasons at LSU prior to his rookie year with Orlando, and he played over 31 minutes in his last two seasons (after averaging just under 29 his freshman year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he'll probably be playing around 35 mpg by 2026-27 or maybe even 2025-26 when he starts hitting his physical prime and starts becoming a serious MVP candidate.
    Actually he can win mvp as early as next season if pop increase his minutes and spurs starts winning with wemby leading the way..

I like too see him break Drose record of the youngest player to win MVP award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq's not a member of the set I defined. But even in his case, Shaq played three seasons at LSU prior to his rookie year with Orlando, and he played over 31 minutes in his last two seasons (after averaging just under 29 his freshman year).
    Shaq and wemby entered the nba around the same age

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I now know the fans who want to run a unique kid with an extremely unusual frame into the ground straight away before anybody truly knows what his body can take for their own personal gain.

Good stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq and wemby entered the nba around the same age
    About a year's difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic has won 3 MVP's and has never averaged 35mpg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I now know the fans who want to run a unique kid with an extremely unusual frame into the ground straight away before anybody truly knows what his body can take for their own personal gain.

Good stuff.
    Come on, you could argue averaging 48.5 minutes a game for a whole season is "running a player into the ground" as Wilt actually did, But 35 minutes? This is getting ridiculous. A good number of players average around 35 minutes in today's NBA.
    Victor is tall, but he's far from the higher end in terms of weight, he doesn't jump very high cuz he doesn't need to and he plays with finesse rather than strength.
    Sure, you can't predict the future but he looks to have a career more akin to KD or Kareem than Greg Oden.

Also I guarantee guys like Zion, Embiid & Jokic have a lot more blood to oxygenate in their bodies than Victor does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, you could argue averaging 48.5 minutes a game for a whole season is "running a player into the ground" as Wilt actually did, But 35 minutes? This is getting ridiculous. A good number of players average around 35 minutes in today's NBA.
    Victor is tall, but he's far from the higher end in terms of weight, he doesn't jump very high cuz he doesn't need to and he plays with finesse rather than strength.
    Sure, you can't predict the future but he looks to have a career more akin to KD or Kareem than Greg Oden.

Also I guarantee guys like Zion, Embiid & Jokic have a lot more blood to oxygenate in their bodies than Victor does.
    Agree, too many people here being a fan of load management that do nothing to a player. Instead its the number 1 reason why a player won't win individual like MVP.

For example kawhi, who's been in a load management his entire career and still Still getting injured up until now.
    Last edited by skin27; 1 Week Ago at 02:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to embed IG posts, but that last post by the Spurs with Wemby thanking everybody from the coaching staff to the fans was amazing. He ain't goin nowhere

https://www.instagram.com/p/C61ypriR67s/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information