Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That little jump hook Wemby used to score his first points of today’s game where he’s coming off that screen could be lethal at the next level. Cause there’s nobody that could block it or really even affect it. That could be his bread and butter at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s actually 23 pts, 14 rebs, 3 assists and 2 blks. And they’re not really looking for him. So I think he’ll dominate more with better teammates and plays. Wemby is unselfish and willing passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A month ago, Mets starting PG and second best player (Tremont Waters) left the team after a fight with a teammate. Saying that, they should have done a way better job agaisnt the press even without him.
    Yes. fifth best scorer and best interceptor of the french league. floor general, assist leader, 2nd best scorer and one of the best 3 pts shooter of the team (41%)....... he was voted 3rd best player of the G-League in 2020. one of the very few players of the team able to drive to the rim efficiently. it was a hard blow for the team, without a possibility to recruit another player considering the date.

hard to see them going far, and especially past Monaco in five games without him. He was a very important piece for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    considering the disaster 2Q and the 4Q where they basically ignored him on offense (and got bogged down by like full court press), the fact that he kinda sleepwalks into these kinds of numbers is whats fascinating.

i dont think he's an NBA go-to scorer type though at this point of his development. well, to clarify, he easily could lead the spurs in scoring next year. but i dont think you just dump the ball to him and tell him to go to work possession after possession at this stage. but he will be an elite finisher with plenty of opportunities. its hard to prevent a guy with his size and agility from getting to favorable spots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    considering the disaster 2Q and the 4Q where they basically ignored him on offense (and got bogged down by like full court press), the fact that he kinda sleepwalks into these kinds of numbers is whats fascinating.

i dont think he's an NBA go-to scorer type though at this point of his development. well, to clarify, he easily could lead the spurs in scoring next year. but i dont think you just dump the ball to him and tell him to go to work possession after possession at this stage. but he will be an elite finisher with plenty of opportunities. its hard to prevent a guy with his size and agility from getting to favorable spots
    exactly what i expect the spurs to do with him: not making him a go-to scorer from the beginning but let him get used to the NBA by being the overall presence he is: defense, scoring, rebound. He can impact the game without asking the ball in his hands every possession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly what i expect the spurs to do with him: not making him a go-to scorer from the beginning but let him get used to the NBA by being the overall presence he is: defense, scoring, rebound. He can impact the game without asking the ball in his hands every possession.
    he can still score plenty. our offense should generate much more favorable situations than what he's getting right now. just having him more active in the pick and roll/pick and pop game with better spacing than he has right now should generate a ton of easy looks for him. he just has to be opportunistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of times Wembanyama would roll into an open lane and the ball-handler would just ignore him in favour of taking some stupid running floater was infuriating to watch.

With NBA spacing and competent, unselfish PG play he is going to be an even more destructive inside scorer than he already is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get this man in a system with a little bit of spacing and movement and his game will explode.... easy 20/14 while he's clearly just going through the motions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is amazing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a little raw needs some structure, he can't get to the NBA fast enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of times Wembanyama would roll into an open lane and the ball-handler would just ignore him in favour of taking some stupid running floater was infuriating to watch.

With NBA spacing and competent, unselfish PG play he is going to be an even more destructive inside scorer than he already is.
    Get him Chris Paul to ease him into the league, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when the team was playing for him in Vegas, he put on 72 points in 2 games. So yeah, put in good conditions he can really score and will put 30/15 his second year in the NBA.

Just get him a vet PG like Conley or whoever and make him the center of your attack, he's unblockable in certain plays. Work the on on double teams and put a couple reliable 3 pt shooters in the corners.
    Last edited by JPB; 05-23-2023 at 07:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While NBA prospects prepare for the draft, Victor Wembanyama's French season could extend into June.

While NBA prospects prepare for the draft, Victor Wembanyama's French season could extend into June (yahoo.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of Keldon and Vassell continuing to put up numbers and letting Wemby get his in the flow of the offense for a while as he gets comfortable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Paris to SA culture shock is gonna be real. Can’t wait to get him here and get him acclimated though. June 22nd can’t get here soon enough tbh. Gonna be a long month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Los Angeles is a much bigger club than San Antonio. A bigger city. A bigger stage. Wembanyama said no. As appealing as it was to have the Lakers try to woo him, Wembanyama was concerned that LA’s coaches wouldn’t be critical enough. Wouldn’t push him hard enough to make every facet of his game be the best."

...my browser has some problems...there might have been some problems with properly copy/pasting the text...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nba-draft-2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Los Angeles is a much bigger club than San Antonio. A bigger city. A bigger stage. Wembanyama said no. As appealing as it was to have the Lakers try to woo him, Wembanyama was concerned that LA’s coaches wouldn’t be critical enough. Wouldn’t push him hard enough to make every facet of his game be the best."

...my browser has some problems...there might have been some problems with properly copy/pasting the text...

Lakers other than trading a bunch of undeveloped young players for Anthony Davis - probably forced by the league - and the gimme of LeBron just wanting to sign there, has been softer than puppy for ages. They haven't been able to develop anything since before Kobe was dragging the team down with his late salary years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that article never reads that way (which wouldn't make sense as the Lakers weren't even in the lottery). what it actually reads is "WHEN WEMBANYAMA WAS 14, he spent a summer playing with Barcelona's basketball club. The Spanish team was interested in bringing him to their program full time, and the offer was intriguing: Barcelona is a much bigger club than Nanterre. A bigger city. A bigger stage."

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Wemby and noticing more small things. When he drives towards the basket, he has such a huge wingspan that his quick passes towards a cutting baseliner seem to bend around the defender like Elastigirl. Wingspan gives him angles & positioning I've never seen before. It boggles the mind when you first see it, another alien moment.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article has a very very "ignorant condescending american" feel... Nanterre is part of the whole parisian urban area, like a 10/15 minutes train ride to get into paris) and he hasn't played his last game yet. And if he can manage parisian lifestyle, he should be able to adapt to LA's one without much trouble. He wxill probably get bored in SA for all I know...

Thread Information