Page 80 of 148 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3696
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some player named Brandon Jenning scored 55 points within his first 10 games.
    Nobody in NBA history had 38pt & 10rb within his first 5 games.
    Game 7 for Jennings
    Funny how he has ended up being sort of a forgotten player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man is a quick learner, I’ve never seen a guy correct his mistakes as quick as him from one game to the next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference tonight is that he played more in the post and was available for easier looks.
    And his teammates found him for those.

I think we saw the matchup nightmare he will present going forward.
    When forwards were defending Wemby he went inside and just shot over them.
    When Bigs were on him he went outside and shook them easily for 3s or got into the pick and roll.
    I’ve also noticed his screens are improving. Still not great screens but improving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference tonight is that he played more in the post and was available for easier looks.
    And his teammates found him for those.

I think we saw the matchup nightmare he will present going forward.
    When forwards were defending Wemby he went inside and just shot over them.
    When Bigs were on him he went outside and shook them easily for 3s or got into the pick and roll.
    I’ve also noticed his screens are improving. Still not great screens but improving
    He spun and cut for lobs like a wing player. That's not the same thing as playing in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He spun and cut for lobs like a wing player. That's not the same thing as playing in the post.
    True true.
    I was referencing the position on the court, not the style of play.
    Wemby is his own style of play. He wants lobs and so far he prefers to spin or face up: a lot like DRob did

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you say 2004, is that 2003-2004 or 2004-2005?
    2003-2004. You can check the far right column here to see league average offensive/defensive rating per season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com..._per_poss.html

In the post-merger era, the lowest league average ORtg for a season is 102.2 in 1999, followed by 102.9 in 2003-2004. It jumped to 106.1 in 2004-2005.

This chart also shows the trend in the last few years: higher offensive efficiency (driven by a lot more three point attempts), fewer turnovers, fewer offensive rebounds, fewer free throws (all of these are on a per-100 possessions basis).

Those are Dean Oliver's "Four Factors", which he weighted at 40%/25%/20%/15% respectively. In today's game it appears that teams are placing a greater emphasis on shooting, with weights of about 60%/16.6%/16.6%/6.8% as calculated in this article.

https://nbamath.com/fats-model/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah but how many other SFs have done this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This mfer is the biggest cheat code I've ever seen in sports tbh. If he stays healthy, he legit has a shot at the GOAT mantle.
    if he stays healthy, he will be the cause of at least 1 rule change at some point in his career

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt take long at all…

that dude (keyshawn?) on undisputed with skip bayless said,

”um when can we start tampering….just saying , every player wants to play in los angeles…that purple and gold uniform…blah blah”

shocking….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he stays healthy, he will be the cause of at least 1 rule change at some point in his career
    I mean Drew fouled him like 4 times yesterday without a call, it's already starting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of people understandably are wanting Victor to go down into the post more. Is he a center or not? To me he's just a match up nightmare and whether he should play inside or outside should be dictated by matchups. For example, he's going to be guarded by 6'3 guy, then, lob the ball into the post to him so he can lay the ball up. If he's being guarded by a larger player then I think it's perfectly okay to pull him out of the paint, play more of a perimeter game, and let other people do back door cuts to the rim with the paint wide open. I think it should be a situational definition of what position he plays.

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1:52 I didn't even think about how Wemby should get even more cheating buffer off his man due to his length and speed. So not only can he come block your 3 pointer from the paint, but he's already 1/2 step closer to begin with!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unprecedented ceiling for Wemby.
    Even with all the hype and hoopla around him, I believe he is significantly better than advertised.
    As stated above, he's a quick learner. I can imagine the adrenaline, stress, pressure, and expectations made him, and the team, a little off kilter to start. To be settling in during his 4th game and to have the 4th qtr stats that he does, seems unfathomable.

19 yrs old in his first 5 games and he is demanding the ball in clutch time. The kicker is, he is delivering.

Gotta say the torture of the post-Duncan era looks like it was a fair price of admission to one of the greats being a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of hype he's getting after last night is crazy. Feels weird as a Spurs fan to have the entire NBA media fawning over one of our guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think we should exercise his 3rd year option

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick loves the Spurs. I remember in 2012 he wouldn't shave during the Spurs 20 game win streak.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of hype he's getting after last night is crazy. Feels weird as a Spurs fan to have the entire NBA media fawning over one of our guys
    Yeah it's definitely weird seeing a Spurs player get the Kobe treatment from the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol bro, I guess this is gonna be the narrative from the "Wemby is a SF" guys

Dude, whatch that BBall breakdown video. Pop spammed the play he used to run with Duncan and Robinson at the end of the game, where one would screen the other in the post and create all types of different actions from that look. That's clearly a bigman play/move.

I have no problem with Wemby taking as many 3's as he wants, as long as he gets double the paint touches during a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick loves the Spurs. I remember in 2012 he wouldn't shave during the Spurs 20 game win streak.
    he did then. his previous wemby vids had been a lot more reserved, harping on flaws here and there. he's all-in now

and yeah i miss those older days when his channel was young. think the quality has dipped in recent years

spurfan always liked coach nick because he was a kobe/westbrook critic as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to think KD's height/fluidity combination was the peak. It's crazy that in less than two decades an even bigger physical freak came along.

No way is there a next level to this , right? Wemby has to be the peak of the NBA player's evolution. And he's a ing Spur.

Thread Information