Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3698
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Couldn't believe that Jerry West is already 85 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah is wild to tike we could be this years Orlando Magic with two lotto selections.
    Something like 5 & 9 doesn’t seem unreasonable.
    5 would have to be ours, since Orlando’s pick is top 6 protected, and I just don’t t see us being that bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Curry would've looked as good in the eighties?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Curry would've looked as good in the eighties?
    Yeah 'cause he'd just pop 3's like crazy while everyone was concerned with the giants down below.
    The screen fighting wouldn't be a huge concern for him because he's that good at shooting the rock and the team would be different so he would most likely have a good post presence to work off of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah 'cause he'd just pop 3's like crazy while everyone was concerned with the giants down below.
    The screen fighting wouldn't be a huge concern for him because he's that good at shooting the rock and the team would be different so he would most likely have a good post presence to work off of.
    There is a reality to his size and if defenders were able to handcheck through screens he would not get nearly as many open looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry would get called for carrying the ball repeatedly in the 80s.
    His shooting would still be awesome though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game wouldn't adapt to Curry but Curry would play like a 80-90s player and thus wouldn't be the serial shooting star he is now... He would be a product of his era when 3s weren't as important as they are now, but the big/wing game was, then wouldn't be the superstar he is now, focusing on other parts of a PG game and havng a much lower usage since bigs had the ball in their hands.

Curry wouldn't be and play like 2020 Curry in the 80s, but like 80s Curry, reason why comparing eras doesn't really make sense, the game is different and players who correspond the most to that type of game emerge... Saying he would thrive in the middle of all these stiffs is a barbarism because the game was precisely big/wing oriented before it started to change with moneyball and shooters like Curry who correspond the most to that type of game emerged.
    Last edited by JPB; 08-08-2023 at 04:58 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

curry would be good in any era that ALLOWED MOVING SCREENS -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a reality to his size and if defenders were able to handcheck through screens he would not get nearly as many open looks.
    Handcheck does jack and to great players

Heck refs even called handchecking, just ask Derek Harper, Rick Mahorn or Craig Ehlo

And those 90s "defenders" would have been exhausted after 1 quarter trying to chase Curry off ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Handcheck does jack and to great players

Heck refs even called handchecking, just ask Derek Harper, Rick Mahorn or Craig Ehlo

And those 90s "defenders" would have been exhausted after 1 quarter trying to chase Curry off ball
    that's the mistake you guys keep doing... Curry wouldn't play like he does now in the 90s. He wouldn't even exist as such since this era and type of basketball wouldn't generate, produce and let him happen form HS, to College to the NBA... He could play like this era would command him to play, wouldn't have as many touches and would shoot way less 3s...

You are putting a 2020 player in a 90s ecosystem, which doesn't make sense. That's like saying men from the 21th century would be the smartest guys in the cave in the Neanderthal times... And that's like saying Usen Bolt would torch Karl Lewis... Expect Bolt would'nt run as fast in the 80s as he did in the 2010s. they're both the procduct of their time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the mistake you guys keep doing... Curry wouldn't play like he does now in the 90s. He wouldn't even exist as such since this era and type of basketball wouldn't generate, produce and let him happen form HS, to College to the NBA... He could play like this era would command him to play, wouldn't have as many touches and would shoot way less 3s...

You are putting a 2020 player in a 90s ecosystem, which doesn't make sense. That's like saying men from the 21th century would be the smartest guys in the cave in the Neanderthal times... And that's like saying Usen Bolt would torch Karl Lewis... Expect Bolt would'nt run as fast in the 80s as he did in the 2010s. they're both the procduct of their time...
    Yeah the difference in flagrant being called would see a smaller man like Curry killed with those flips to the basket. One East Coast road trip would've seen him killed. Mahorn would shove him but Laimbeer and Salley would have killed him doing those finger rolls at the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not going to glorify a game where people compensated for lack of skill by just laying people out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not going to glorify a game where people compensated for lack of skill by just laying people out
    Not sure skills is where you can glorify today's NB comparing to yesterday's tbh... The word is actually today's players are badly lacking skills compâring to the 90s who were way more fundamently sound and skilled, reason why the game has became kinda boring today...Nobody can post anymore because you don't have to and bigs have just became "rim protectors" who can shoot the occasional 3... I mean Olajuwon or Sabonis were the defintion of skilled...

The NBA is badly missing the Jordans, Barkleys, Olajuwons, Thomas, Pippen, Drexler and co...also reason why Wemby is so hyped... , Iverson (closer to us) was a uva more skilled than Curry on many domains... Not 80/90s players fault if you can't breath on a player today on defense... Put all the aforementioned guys today and they score 50 a game... But defense and hustle and are part of sport, remove that and you got the permanent all star game that the NBA is leaning toward... More casuals fans (which "Biz" Silver wants) but less funs for the BB lovers.

Some could argue Tim Duncan was the last of those fundamently skilled players at the crossroad of those 2 generations and 2 different type of BB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure skills is where you can glorify today's NB comparing to yesterday's tbh... The word is actually today's players are badly lacking skills compâring to the 90s who were way more fundamently sound and skilled, reason why the game has became kinda boring today...Nobody can post anymore because you don't have to and bigs have just became "rim protectors" who can shoot the occasional 3... I mean Olajuwon or Sabonis were the defintion of skilled...

The NBA is badly missing the Jordans, Barkleys, Olajuwons, Thomas, Pippen, Drexler and co...also reason why Wemby is so hyped... , Iverson (closer to us) was a uva more skilled than Curry on many domains... Not 80/90s players fault if you can't breath on a player today on defense... Put all the aforementioned guys today and they score 50 a game... But defense and hustle and are part of sport, remove that and you got the permanent all star game that the NBA is leaning toward... More casuals fans (which "Biz" Silver wants) but less funs for the BB lovers.

Some could argue Tim Duncan was the last of those fundamently skilled players at the crossroad of those 2 generations and 2 different type of BB.
    was specifically responding to a comment about bigs in the 80s laying out steph curry. i dont think its a showing of skill if unathletic 270 pound goons just intentionally foul and lay out a guy who barely weighs 200 pounds. that talking point has never resonated with me. "grrr, the bad boys would have clotheslined him"... ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game wouldn't adapt to Curry but Curry would play like a 80-90s player and thus wouldn't be the serial shooting star he is now... He would be a product of his era when 3s weren't as important as they are now, but the big/wing game was, then wouldn't be the superstar he is now, focusing on other parts of a PG game and havng a much lower usage since bigs had the ball in their hands.

Curry wouldn't be and play like 2020 Curry in the 80s, but like 80s Curry, reason why comparing eras doesn't really make sense, the game is different and players who correspond the most to that type of game emerge... Saying he would thrive in the middle of all these stiffs is a barbarism because the game was precisely big/wing oriented before it started to change with moneyball and shooters like Curry who correspond the most to that type of game emerged.
    You are acting as if guys like Mark Price, John Starks, Reggie Miller, etc. Weren't stars in the NBA taking over 5, 6 or even 7 threes per game in a season.

Isiah Thomas led his team to B2B championships in the 80's. Curry would no doubt be a star if he played in the 80s/90s. Sure, he would probably not play exactly like he plays today, but I don't think his style would change as dramatically as you seem to suggest. Besides being the greatest shooter of all-time, Curry is also an elite ball-handler, finisher and all around bucket getter. He would kill it on any era.

I think Curry would adapt better to the 80's/90's than Magic to today's NBA. Magic was arguably the best plsyer of his generation, he wouldn't be anywhere close to that in today's NBA with the glaring flaws he had on shooting and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even more photos

Victor Wembanyama 🇫🇷 (@wemby) • Instagram photos and videos
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-10-2023 at 04:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are acting as if guys like Mark Price, John Starks, Reggie Miller, etc. Weren't stars in the NBA taking over 5, 6 or even 7 threes per game in a season.

Isiah Thomas led his team to B2B championships in the 80's. Curry would no doubt be a star if he played in the 80s/90s. Sure, he would probably not play exactly like he plays today, but I don't think his style would change as dramatically as you seem to suggest. Besides being the greatest shooter of all-time, Curry is also an elite ball-handler, finisher and all around bucket getter. He would kill it on any era.

I think Curry would adapt better to the 80's/90's than Magic to today's NBA. Magic was arguably the best plsyer of his generation, he wouldn't be anywhere close to that in today's NBA with the glaring flaws he had on shooting and defense.
    Curry doesn't have the strength to survive in most eras before this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry doesn't have the strength to survive in most eras before this one.
    And guys like Thomas, John Stark, Iverson, Mark Price did? What a boomer take, tbh.

P/S: Cue in the lazy response adding a word like "guts", "tough" or something like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top, players guaranteed/likely (fourth group) to be better than current Wembanyama in real life . . .

MVP candidates: Jokic, Antetokounmpo, Embiid, Doncic

All-NBA: Tatum, Booker, Curry, Davis, S bag, Durant, James, Butler, Lillard, Gilgeous-Alexander, Williamson, Morant

All-Star: Mitc , Towns, Young, Sabonis, Haliburton, George, Irving, Edwards, Brown, Adebayo, Fox, Siakam, Jackson Jr., Harden, Brunson, Randle

Top starter: J. Murray, Ball, Markkanen, Beal, Holiday, Mobley, Garland, Banchero, Bridges, Bane, Middleton, Porzingis, Gobert, LaVine, Ingram, Cunningham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And guys like Thomas, John Stark, Iverson, Mark Price did? What a boomer take, tbh.
    Shoot, John Stockton was one of the toughest dudes in the league who thrived in the toughest era and he wasn't exactly a big guy for his position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Edit: LBJ was 78 as a rookie. New GOAT confirmed, GG!
    Last edited by lefty20; 08-10-2023 at 04:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These kids and their "boomers!" They can't wait to drop it as soon as they feel challenged. As if it was some kind of argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These kids and their "boomers!" They can't wait to drop it as soon as they feel challenged. As if it was some kind of argument.
    ok boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gave my argument right above the use of the word "boomer", tbh. I just felt the need to use that word because of just how boomerish and stupid the previous comment was.

Thread Information