Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3707
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Spurs had a French player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea how did Silver and the NBA screw that up tbh. Spurs were a no-brainer for that game. Victor (and Sidy) coming home would’ve been a layup for their marketing team. Instead they get to watch Ben Simmons vs Donovan Mitc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to hear Victor chime in on this Magic vs. Curry debate
    As you wish:

And yall mofos thought we were sidetracking the thread.

It shows Victor knows his , although Obstructed_View and JPB not gonna be happy, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I'm sure him going with Curry and O'Neal over the consensus of Johnson and Abdul-Jabbar doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he's 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His basketball takes are as good as magic and Jordan’s. Hope his career will end up as good.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you wish:

And yall mofos thought we were sidetracking the thread.

It shows Victor knows his , although Obstructed_View and JPB not gonna be happy, tbh.
    Steph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I'm sure him going with Curry and O'Neal over the consensus of Johnson and Abdul-Jabbar doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he's 19.
    I'm older and would pick pretty much the same team. In fact, I would swap Durant, much younger player, with O'neal.

As a 19 year old he didn't get to watch live 3 of the 5 players he named, tbh. At least not in their primes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for the record, I'm not saying Durant > Shaq. Just that KD would fit the team better.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm older and would pick pretty much the same team. In fact, I would swap Durant, much younger player, with O'neal.

As a 19 year old he didn't get to watch live 3 of the 5 players he named, tbh. At least not in their primes.
    Yep, he grew up watching Steph. It makes perfect sense for him to be in Wemby's list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there you have it: Kareem Abdul Wembanyama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there you have it: Kareem Abdul Wembanyama

"He should be working on his logo 3's"

//Average Spurstalker//

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

//Average Spurstalker//
    It‘s cause he‘s a point guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

//Average Spurstalker//
    His three will be unblockable, so unlike most players, I want him shooting it just enough outside the arc that his mutant feet don’t touch it for a Vinnie.

Zach Edey was a dominant low post player the last two years in the NCAA, and a monster last year. He drew so little interest that he went back to school. NBA GMs know what you don’t: running a low post offense is a losing proposition. They tried to fight back against midget ball with rim runners and post play, but no matter how efficient they were, they could never overcome a barrage of three balls.

Unless you want Wemby to be no more than a change pace option, mostly passing ot to the perimeter for other players to score, he needs to exist on the perimeter. Running post plays is losing basketball.in todays NBA. His paint scoring should be put backs, with a smattering of change of pace rim runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Spurs had a French player.

Wow that was really stupid. That game could have been freaking huge with Wemby going back to France.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're basing it on an ideal two-way lineup in '23, but that's a different question.

If you're in the age range I suspect you are, then it's the equivalent of 80s/90s players to us. We may have only caught their late/post prime, but they're still far more relevant to us than the 60s/70s players.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s just practicing techniques from Chris Paul’s The Art of Taking a Charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His three will be unblockable, so unlike most players, I want him shooting it just enough outside the arc that his mutant feet don’t touch it for a Vinnie.

Zach Edey was a dominant low post player the last two years in the NCAA, and a monster last year. He drew so little interest that he went back to school. NBA GMs know what you don’t: running a low post offense is a losing proposition. They tried to fight back against midget ball with rim runners and post play, but no matter how efficient they were, they could never overcome a barrage of three balls.

Unless you want Wemby to be no more than a change pace option, mostly passing ot to the perimeter for other players to score, he needs to exist on the perimeter. Running post plays is losing basketball.in todays NBA. His paint scoring should be put backs, with a smattering of change of pace rim runs.
    The best player in the World and finals MVP has the post up as his most efficient play, tbh. The regular season MVP too.

I'm not saying Wemby shouldn't play on the perimeter some, but he needs to do what he's more efficient at the most. And that's playing inside, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea how did Silver and the NBA screw that up tbh. Spurs were a no-brainer for that game. Victor (and Sidy) coming home would’ve been a layup for their marketing team. Instead they get to watch Ben Simmons vs Donovan Mitc
    Good thing imo

Wemby has been drawing too much attention since he landed in America, imagine the hype and media frenzy if the Spurs play in France.
    Nah I prefer him to quietly focus on basketball in that mexican village

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best player in the World and finals MVP has the post up as his most efficient play, tbh. The regular season MVP too.

I'm not saying Wemby shouldn't play on the perimeter some, but he needs to do what he's more efficient at the most. And that's playing inside, tbh.
    Jokic is big and bulky, and while he operates a lot from the perimeter, when he operates in the post, he starts on the perimeter, and bullies and backs his way down, something Wemby will never be able to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We sure it’s not his brother again ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So is it still possible to win when u running post plays?

Jokic is big and bulky, and while he operates a lot from the perimeter, when he operates in the post, he starts on the perimeter, and bullies and backs his way down, something Wemby will never be able to do.
    Viktor was efficient in post-ups last season
    And his NBA comp Porzingis also post up with high efficiency, despite the fact that he is not bulky

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew I loved wemby
    - Kareem hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was this thing about not knowing untill you try it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was this thing about not knowing untill you try it?
    Now you're just being obtuse. Wemby is not Jokic or Barkley where he can use his butt to create space by repeatedly backing into the defender. He never will be. He doesn't have the frame for it.

Thread Information