Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3696
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if the spurs had Amen Thompson instead? He would be looking so average while guys like Mr. Body will start threads like “I’m all in Amen, who needs Trae Young?”
    LMAO, we'd be dead for a decade.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Victor took Gobert's place with the Wolves, do you think their defense would get better or worse?

I think A LOT better, clear le favorite even.
    Wolves would be top 2 favorites with wemby instead of gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when he decided to launch that i was legitimately expecting an airball tbh
    He actually didn’t even watch the ball go in, as arrogant as Curry

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For F1 fans, the Spurs had a nice cameo in the latest season of Netflix's Drive to Survive. Alpine driver Pierre Gasly (French Driver on a French Team) game to San Antonio to watch a game (presumably to watch Wemby) and sat courtside with TP9 and got some career advice. Thought it was cool.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paraphrasing, but just heard Windhorst say that Wembanyama thought they'd be better and this season is unacceptable to him.

He's made it clear through his actions that he expects significant improvement in short order and the Spurs know they can't get away with doing the slow build they probably prefer.

Lowe chimed in that they know they need guard help and will be active seeking upgrades this off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paraphrasing, but just heard Windhorst say that Wembanyama thought they'd be better and this season is unacceptable to him.

He's made it clear through his actions that he expects significant improvement in short order and the Spurs know they can't get away with doing the slow build they probably prefer.

Lowe chimed in that they know they need guard help and will be active seeking upgrades this off season.
    Thanks TD! This was obvious to everyone who listened to Wemby's own words in pre-season and everything he has said since, not to mention his body language. I'm glad He's apparently exerting pressure on the FO and, even more importantly, that they are listening. Let's see their actions this offseason! The pressure is on!

Where can we find this to listen ourselves? Was it on Lowe's podcast?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is good news. This franchise needs a proverbial kick in the ass from him, because otherwise we all know they'll do the usual.

Thanks TD! This was obvious to everyone who listened to Wemby's own words in pre-season and everything he has said since, not to mention his body language. I'm glad He's apparently exerting pressure on the FO and, even more importantly, that they are listening. Let's see their actions this offseason! The pressure is on!

Where can we find this to listen ourselves? Was it on Lowe's podcast?
    Previewing Chet vs. Wemby Part III 🍿 | NBA Today (youtube.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deserves it's own thread, tbh!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's for the people who thought that Wemby could take the losses and be patient. It is obvious that losing 85% of the games is taking a huge toll. Also he has improved during the season while the rest of the team is the same or regressed. I think that he starts to understand that a lot of his teammates are just limited and won't be any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Excellent! I love his poise. You can tell Wemby made some big promises to himself about how he'd do this season - and from an individual standpoint, he should be proud. However, it's clear he wants his career to be about winning and wants that winning team to be the Spurs. PATFO would be doing the entire city a disservice if they don't keep the man happy. He's got absolutely no reason other than personal honor and the French connection to be loyal to this city. He will be a billionaire no matter where he plays - let's help him win some les. Cmon Pop, this ain't rocket science!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The seat sniffers are in shambles with this news.

"Trust the process" bull they kept spewing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's for the people who thought that Wemby could take the losses and be patient. It is obvious that losing 85% of the games is taking a huge toll. Also he has improved during the season while the rest of the team is the same or regressed. I think that he starts to understand that a lot of his teammates are just limited and won't be any better.
    Seriously, do you peeps truly pay attention?
    Wemby has also preached patience. He even said in this last game's post int that he looks to teams like Minny that took a few years to build as an inspiration.
    No. He does not enjoy losing. Yes. He wants the team to improve, but he has the right head and eyes in front of him and he has acknowledged this.

You guys project way too much and pay too little attention to all of what's out there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, do you peeps truly pay attention?
    Wemby has also preached patience. He even said in this last game's post int that he looks to teams like Minny that took a few years to build as an inspiration.
    No. He does not enjoy losing. Yes. He wants the team to improve, but he has the right head and eyes in front of him and he has acknowledged this.

You guys project way too much and pay too little attention to all of what's out there.
    Wemby has also been coached very well by his entourage to say the right things at every single interview. I know that he is mature for his age but no 19-year old is that mature without proper PR coaching. He knows that expressing publicly his frustration is not good for his image. I'm not saying that he is going to bolt this summer but I don't think that just drafting picks will be sufficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thinking the two notions contradict. Who is the face of the Spurs?
    Yeah I’m sure wemby fans love watching guys like sochan, Vassell, and Keldon stink it up. Lots of casual wemby fans want him to leave the spurs because they already feel the team holds him back.

For all the snark, you have a hard time understanding something so simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby changed TWICE teams between 16 and 18 because he thought it wasn't the right place for his ambition and some of you think he'll hesitate to push for a trade?

It'll never go public, not his education, at best it'll be insinuated.

He'll also never backstab the Spurs, meaning he'll try his best to lobby before taking the radical option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby changed TWICE teams between 16 and 18 because he thought it wasn't the right place for his ambition and some of you think he'll hesitate to push for a trade?

It'll never go public, not his education, at best it'll be insinuated.

He'll also never backstab the Spurs, meaning he'll try his best to lobby before taking the radical option.
    Exactly. Wemby is a good kid but let's not fool ourselves. He may not call himself the Chosen One like LeBron did but he has the same aspirations for himself and anyone who thinks he'll be content to let his future be fully dictated by others is kidding themselves.

If the Spurs do right by him and show they care about helping him achieve those goals I believe he will be happy to stay here. But if he believes whomever is making the decisions is not setting him up for success sooner rather than later I doubt he has any qualms taking his destiny into his own hands

The FO needs to remember that Victor is not David or Tim and they were extremely lucky to draft guys with their personalities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers fantasize about some Karate Kid scenario where Wemby is Daniel Larusso, needing Mr. Miyagi to break him down and teach him how to paint a ing fence for success to follow. The reality is the Wemby is Bruce Lee and can already kick Mr Miyagi's head off his body before he knew what hit him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor "Pardon my French" Wembanyama while on the mic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fill in the blank: Wemby is the best rookie since _____

I don’t think anyone in this century has an argument at this point. Going back further…Duncan? Shaq? D-Rob? He’s in those guys’ tier IMO. Scary considering he’s far younger than they were as rookies (less so Shaq, but still).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the shortest month of the year, with the ASB in the middle of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information