Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad pop got his medal and is out of the Olympics. The U.S. team is gona ssuuuuuccck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I think the bigger issue there would be Gobert clogging up the lane and getting in Embiid's way, but the defense would sure be formidable.
    It MIGHT work in FIBA where the spacing is reduced, on the NBA that lineup would get ran out of the court. Neither of the 3 big guys have the lateral quickness to stay in front of NBA level wings. Even on FIBA I don't think it would work either. From these Mets 92 games I've seen recently, whenever Wemby gets switched into perimeter ball handlers, he gets beat fairly easy, and he would be the one with the best mobility out of the 3. I don't think there's anything more to this than a shtick that the French coach might try for a couple of minutes in the entire tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "At the start of the season, he had problems with shot selection. He went to what he liked, he shot too many three-pointers too fast. When he's patient and working to get closer to the basket, he's pretty much indefensible, unstoppable," Collet concluded.

from his current coach.

big man offense is back, baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "At the start of the season, he had problems with shot selection. He went to what he liked, he shot too many three-pointers too fast. When he's patient and working to get closer to the basket, he's pretty much indefensible, unstoppable," Collet concluded.

from his current coach.

big man offense is back, baby
    A smart poster of this forum was trying to get this point across to the folks on this forum that wanted him as a SF or even PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That won't happen, Embiid also got the USA nationalty right after getting France's. Since that everybody here in France believe he will play for Team USA, and not many are willing to see him play for France if that implies putting Wembanyama on the bench, especially after the Playoffs Embiid had...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A smart poster of this forum was trying to get this point across to the folks on this forum that wanted him as a SF or even PG.
    LeBron is a SF and posts up. Kawhi is a SF nd posts up. Victor's game looks like a sf or a stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this discussion still going on and people thinking he will play SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis works best in the paint/close to the basket... he's a forward, even though he sometimes defends centers and brings the ball up like a PG. In the less position-defined era (I don't say "positionless" because I think that's an exaggeration), there's more fluidity to where a tall shooter might wind up on the court at various times, depending on his teammates and opponent match ups. Markkanen's a good example-- according to basketball reference, here's how his "positions" were distributed over the last three seasons:

2% SF, 47% PF, 51% C

9% SG, 64% SF, 27% PF, 1% C

20% SF, 62% PF, 18% C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this discussion still going on and people thinking he will play SF
    I mean, it's literally his game. If you want, you can call it a stretch-4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is a SF and posts up. Kawhi is a SF nd posts up. Victor's game looks like a sf or a stretch 4.
    It really isn't about posting up, tbh. Wemby's post up game is actually pretty raw for a 7'5" guy. At this point, Wemby's most efficient way of scoring is as the roller in pick and rolls and just being close to the basket to receive dump or entry passes using his size. Those aren't things that Lebron, Kawhi or other wing players usually do.

The problem here was caused by whoever said that Wemby's style resembled Durant's, when that's far from the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it's literally his game. If you want, you can call it a stretch-4.
    It literally isn't, though. That's the whole point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    APR 16, 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It literally isn't, though. That's the whole point.
    Tall guy = Center, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to this he should roll to the rim a lot more

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    people on here really trying to argue that Wemby will be a SF or a PG lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tall guy = Center, huh?
    Dude, just watch the games or the table Vince Carter's ankle posted just above this comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, just watch the games or the table Vince Carter's ankle posted just above this comment.
    Do you think SFs don't post up? dude I already told you LeBron and Kawhi post up. Wembanyama's not even that good at it.

But yeah he's a Center, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think SFs don't post up? dude I already told you LeBron and Kawhi post up. Wembanyama's not even that good at it.

But yeah he's a Center, lol.
    It's not just the post ups, that entire table reveals what my eyes were already telling me by watching the games. Victor is a bigman and plays like one. If you watch the most common plays and, more importantly, the most efficient ones, are all things that bigmen do: postups, pick and pop, pick and roll, putbacks, etc. The plays that are usually reserved for perimeter players such as ball handler in p&r, hand offs, coming off screens, etc. are way down on the list, both in frequency and efficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point about SF was mainly trolling. But wemby plays what he wants, hes not good enough to be a C now, Sochan is a starter Therefore PF and SF are interchangeable, wemby will be unpredictable going from the 3 point line, to deep. Whatever the defense gives,.wemby has a response .

Its wild, the meta has usually been “your best player will dictate the offense even if the defense responds, role players have to step up“ wemby is the rare talent that can excel at 3 positions and possibly 4.

Wemby is a PG was from people trying to play collins, keldon, sochan and vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Wemby have a nickname with the Spurs?

I propose the obvious, the "Eiffel Tower."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Wemby have a nickname with the Spurs?

I propose the obvious, the "Eiffel Tower."
    Wemby seems like the perfect nickname as it is. I don’t see a need for anything else!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby seems like the perfect nickname as it is. I don’t see a need for anything else!
    You're right but that won't stop it though.

I can just hear Bill Land chirping, "The Spurs head into this playoff series led by Victor Wenbanyama, the Eiffel Tower. Tres Bien!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bros are overthinking these set positions. He will be played according to the matchups on both sides of the ball.

I suspect they will start him along side Zollins, but he will likely see a fair amount of minutes with Sochan as the next biggest dude after him.

This doesn't have to set in stone one way or another.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already call gobert the steiffel tower so that'd be redundant. Watch basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already call gobert the steiffel tower so that'd be redundant. Watch basketball
    Redundancy is the currency of the realm (in case you hadn't noticed).

Thread Information