Page 105 of 149 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3709
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, the frequency with which you talk about your fascination with being intimately close to the male asshole is concerning.
    Lolwut. That was a random and gay comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, and alienate the generational prospect who had been messaging for well over a year before the draft that he "doesn't want to play center" "wants to fully express himself as a person via basketball" "doesnt want to be limited in any way on the court" etc. etc.? That's all he was talking about leading up to the draft.

Gotta have situational awareness here.

It's like the parent with a precocious child that thinks he or she knows best about everything bc things have always come easy-- some times the parent needs to step back and give the child time to be humbled a little by the world before the lessons set in. Top down, heavy hand would actually be counterproductive. I'm not saying Vic is a Divo or anything, but i do think he's used to being the best of the best and maybe thought the transition to the NBA would have been seemless.

Sprinkle in some trauma Pop still has about Kawhi (see, microphone incident) and you could see why they wanted to give to Vic early to "play free" so he can learn some tough lessons.
    First, Wemby never said he didn't want to play center, he just said he didn't want to be put in a box. Does it look like he's being put in a box? Does it seem like Vic isn't "playing free" since becoming the full time center? He's doing all the things he likes, just with a purpose and a better "perimeter to paint" ratio now. I don't know why this couldn't have been the case since the start.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with another ROTY-esque statline of 8 points and 5 rebounds in 33 minutes against the Clips.
    I assume it's better then 0pts in 0 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many minutes and playing time restrictions puts stamp on his physical preparation.

He is putting nice stats being so well rested in those games he played/. I like him getting better on D and more compe ive with battling for rebs and overall. Those are his biggest weaknesses. Well he still not a good shooter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a better 3pt % that KD Lebron or Dirk in their rookie season

Try harder poland

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's REAL rookie season: 0 games played
    Wemby's rookie season: 35 games played so far

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the article:

This has always been such an obvious conclusion that I still can't believe I got so much push back when I made that thread, tbh.
    It's almost like the guy with the greatest rim defending potential should be at the rim. "BUT MUH EMBIID AND JOKIC" stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many minutes and playing time restrictions puts stamp on his physical preparation.

He is putting nice stats being so well rested in those games he played/. I like him getting better on D and more compe ive with battling for rebs and overall. Those are his biggest weaknesses. Well he still not a good shooter
    Imagine choosing to be the "anti-Wemby" guy. What a weird role to take as a supossed Spurfan on a Spurs forum, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's REAL rookie season: 0 games played
    Wemby's rookie season: 35 games played so far
    Touche

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hurts the average

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hurts the average
    Still you have to play 70% off the games so the stats counts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine choosing to be the "anti-Wemby" guy. What a weird role to take as a supossed Spurfan on a Spurs forum, tbh.
    I am more pro Wemby then all you fake non knowledgeable fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more pro Wemby then all you fake non knowledgeable fans
    Only a hater would make such a dumb comment like " betterrr than zzzero pointzzz in zzzero minutezzz "

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks Chet can get in the same sentence with Wemby should go back to learning the basics of basketball.

But the media need something to write about and are sick of foreign players being better than domestic prospects.
    More or less the same thing like Luka vs Trae debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a hater would make such a dumb comment like " betterrr than zzzero pointzzz in zzzero minutezzz "
    Stated a fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Is better to not play, than to bring your averages down by scoring 8 pts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Is better to not play, than to bring your averages down by scoring 8 pts.
    Better to bring something then nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the theory that a doctor would order a minutes restriction is so mindblowingly stupid, i wonder who is pop trying to sell it to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better to bring something then nothing
    Not here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still you have to play 70% off the games so the stats counts
    What does that mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/stats/help/statminimums

There are minumus although in that case it does not matter.
    Also you need to play 65 games in order to get NBA awards. I double check it and it not says about rookie of the year but I assume it might matter.

But overall I do not get the discussion about ROTY. It's a lock. Unless something drastic can happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/stats/help/statminimums

There are minumus although in that case it does not matter.
    Also you need to play 65 games in order to get NBA awards. I double check it and it not says about rookie of the year but I assume it might matter.

But overall I do not get the discussion about ROTY. It's a lock. Unless something drastic can happen
    ** MINIMUMS FOR NBA ROOKIE LEADERS
    (half of the overall-requirement)
    On the page you linked. Wemby only has to play 35 games to be a Rookie Leader in stats. As far as ROY, the CBA doesn't specifically mention that, but says 65 games for all of the “Applicable Generally Recognized League Honors." But it does specifically list MVP, DPOY, MIP, All-NBA teams, and All-NBA Def teams... so it seems ROY is the only thing missing (so I would assume there is no requirement there, except everywhere else online states they have to play 65 games).
    Last edited by stnick2261; 01-22-2024 at 01:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby could take some flopping lessons by Manu, tbh. There were a couple of instances last night where Embiid straight up bulldozed Wemby striaght in the chest where, if Wemby would have just sold the evident offensive foul, the refs wouldn't have had any other option but to call that .

Post Count
    Wemby could take some flopping lessons by Manu, tbh. There were a couple of instances last night where Embiid straight up bulldozed Wemby striaght in the chest where, if Wemby would have just sold the evident offensive foul, the refs wouldn't have had any other option but to call that .
    it is the thing that is infuriating about a FT merchant like Embiid. He's allowed to be physical but when you put any sort of resistance you get a call. Giannis only shot 6 FTs against the Spurs in his 44 point game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is the thing that is infuriating about a FT merchant like Embiid. He's allowed to be physical but when you put any sort of resistance you get a call. Giannis only shot 6 FTs against the Spurs in his 44 point game.

Yeah, but those 6 ft's took giannis about 2 and a half hours to shoot!

Thread Information