Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://blacksportsonline.com/2022/0...ssibly-coming/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOmCOE72AQ

Summary:
    During the summer Ime had an affair with a married team employee, married to a Celtics VP. Both said it was consensual, the Celtics let warned them to cut it out and they did.
    Some time afterwards, some actions on the part of Ime caused said woman to report it and an investigation was called. Supposedly results came that Ime was having MULTIPLE affairs with married women that worked for the Celtics, one of which is POTENTIALLY with child.
    The Celtics tried to keep it in house but the VP threatened to sue the Celtics and go public with all the evidence. They're trying to reach settlements.

https://twitter.com/PerSources/statu...87922248335364

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...15284772147203

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...68795940995079

VP's wife:
    You knew it was going to be a white . You can see a rich cheater a mile away.

We've seen this a million times, she cheats, swears it didn't happen and it was only flirty texts and promptly states that she'll put a stop to ever so slightly inappropriate banter with her male "friend". She cheats again, gets caught and claims to be the victim of unwanted advances.

White VP demands action be taken against Mandingo or he'll go scorched earth Karen on everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We've seen this a million times, she cheats, swears it didn't happen and it was only flirty texts and promptly states that she'll put a stop to ever so slightly inappropriate banter with her male "friend". She cheats again, gets caught and claims to be the victim of unwanted advances.

White VP demands action be taken against Mandingo or he'll go scorched earth Karen on everyone.
    That’s not what happened. They cheated, Boston told them to stop, they did, but apparently Ime couldn’t let it go to the point where he pissed her off and she reported it. He also apparently ed some other women. Ime is in no way a victim of some manipulative woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree there may be elements to that, but such an argument went out the window the moment Ime didn't take notice he got caught and kept on messing around.
    The woman isn't any better than him from a moral point of view, the difference is she handled the matter in a smart way, while Ime held himself above any organizational rules and kept transgressing until he left them no choice but to act on it. He might as well have taken his pants down and pissed on Brad Stevens and ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not what happened. They cheated, Boston told them to stop, they did, but apparently Ime couldn’t let it go to the point where he pissed her off and she reported it. He also apparently ed some other women. Ime is in no way a victim of some manipulative woman.
    He’s a victim of being singled out. You have no idea if “he couldn’t let it go”. She is just as likely to have not “let it go”. None of this is adding up.

If he couldn’t let it go then Boston should have fired him and they’re grossly negligent here because that’s tantamount to work place harassment.

Your version or the one you’re choosing to believe isn’t consistent with a suspension. She could sue for millions and easily win if he continued to advance, was reprimanded and ultimately wasn’t terminated after the behavior continued.

That’s why I’m not buying it.

We don’t live in a world where black guys with authority serve suspensions for unwanted advances especially not in a world where there is a history of previously being reprimanded.

Nope. There is way more to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree there may be elements to that, but such an argument went out the window the moment Ime didn't take notice he got caught and kept on messing around.
    The woman isn't any better than him from a moral point of view, the difference is she handled the matter in a smart way, while Ime held himself above any organizational rules and kept transgressing until he left them no choice but to act on it. He might as well have taken his pants down and pissed on Brad Stevens and ownership.
    You have no idea how she handled it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no idea how she handled it.
    The information any one of us is basing our opinions on is the same, your stance isn't more factual than anyone else's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like people going on the conspiracy route.
    This is how QAnon happened.

Brilliant , that stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a shame
    Ime seemed to have built a good reputation.
    That is all or partially gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The information any one of us is basing our opinions on is the same, your stance isn't more factual than anyone else's.
    No disagreement there.

My stance is definitely built on the fact that what’s been provided doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Even low key off the radar businesses would fire someone for unwanted advances. Especially after a formal reprimand. A highly exposed and public position of authority would absolutely result in an immediate firing.

We don’t live in a world where you can advance on a subordinate without some level of consent and end up with a suspension.

Surely you can reconcile how fishy it looks to see a suspension while there’s unofficial leaks that the advances were unwanted. All while the official stance is that it was a fully consensual relationship. Then no word on any disciplinary action for the female. That leak seems deliberately sketchy. Unless I’ve not seen it the Celtics haven’t said anything to the rumors that it was anything other than consensual. That’s problematic if only one party is being disciplined.

I’m not buying it. The math does add up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No disagreement there.

My stance is definitely built on the fact that what’s been provided doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Even low key off the radar businesses would fire someone for unwanted advances. Especially after a formal reprimand. A highly exposed and public position of authority would absolutely result in an immediate firing.

We don’t live in a world where you can advance on a subordinate without some level of consent and end up with a suspension.

Surely you can reconcile how fishy it looks to see a suspension while there’s unofficial leaks that the advances were unwanted. All while the official stance is that it was a fully consensual relationship. Then no word on any disciplinary action for the female. That leak seems deliberately sketchy. Unless I’ve not seen it the Celtics haven’t said anything to the rumors that it was anything other than consensual. That’s problematic if only one party is being disciplined.

I’m not buying it. The math does add up.
    Think it's a witch hunt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's a witch hunt?
    Not necessarily. I just think we’re not getting the whole story. To me a witch hunt kinda assumes that a group of people are conspiring together. I’m thinking it’s one pissed off higher up leveraging power up to a point. Kinda seems they’re stuck somewhere in the middle.

IE

Can’t fire a guy for a consensual relationship without firing the higher ups wife/girlfriend. Udoka would have legal leverage there.

Can’t suggest a minor suspension because the higher up wouldn’t have that. Best option is the outrageously lengthy suspension which they can probably get away with and hope that Udoka resigns.

I’m looking forward to more info coming out.

So the compromise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks probably fixed a black dude’s computer once, so he’ll tell you based on that he’s not racist.
    I fix lots of black computers
    And Spanish ones also
    French and German
    Me talented

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the sense most people are getting.

The information makes it sound like Ime is the one that couldn't let it go and basically started harassing her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the sense most people are getting.

The information makes it sound like Ime is the one that couldn't let it go and basically started harassing her.
    Then you fire him. Very clearly. You don't even need to pay him as it's pretty much illegal to harass someone. There is more to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you fire him. Very clearly. You don't even need to pay him as it's pretty much illegal to harass someone. There is more to it.
    It seems to me the 'there's more to it' is that Boston is trying not to ruin the guy and giving him the opportunity to resign before all the messy details come out but, he won't seem to take the hint.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it seems that Boston probably tried to make this go away and save their season, but the threat of a lawsuit from someone in the organization, coupled with the threat of future lawsuits by Ime if they fire him, has led to this very awkward situation.

So. To me it feels like if the crime he did was bad enough then they would’ve just fired him. But it’s messy.

This feels like a PR disaster with vague boundaries set by what they are able to say without getting sued, while also dragging Ime as part of his punishment.

It’s crazy or at least sad they couldn’t have settled this behind the scenes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crazy or at least sad they couldn’t have settled this behind the scenes.
    I get the same feeling, but I'd say it was Ime who could have taken notice and saved himself all this trouble. He's basically just starting what could have been a very long and successful coaching career, much more so than what he achieved as a player, and to have it endangered in this way is mind boggling.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the same feeling, but I'd say it was Ime who could have taken notice and saved himself all this trouble. He's basically just starting what could have been a very long and successful coaching career, much more so than what he achieved as a player, and to have it endangered in this way is mind boggling.
    Yeah, true, in retrospect it seems he just totally screwed his brand so to speak by not quitting, assuming that was a viable option to make this not hit the media. This is all the media has to talk about until training camp starts.

The other weird thing is that everyone understandably keeps saying let’s wait for more information to be revealed. The organization hired a law firm to investigate, so they must have all the information, yet this is how they’ve chosen to play it. I don’t know if the Celtics are going to reveal any more information. They just had a press conference where they basically said nothing as far as ending the ambiguity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably don't want to deal with the optics, right after Sarver.

"Boston is racist blah blah."

If this gets more out of hand then they just might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who wants to set odds for Ime getting fired and ending up back with our staff in 2023?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White coach would get it worse.
    Yeah, those darn white people have just had it so tough throughout history and especially lately. If only they could catch a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fix lots of black computers
    And Spanish ones also
    French and German
    Me talented
    At least you didn’t deny being a racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me the 'there's more to it' is that Boston is trying not to ruin the guy and giving him the opportunity to resign before all the messy details come out but, he won't seem to take the hint.
    Boston has no motivation to do that. If what he did was bad enough to be fired and they chose to go easy they’d be eviscerated in the media for excusing if not covering up sexual assault or harassment. Any legal representation on behalf of the Celtics would know what a dangerous move that would be.

This isn’t the NFL. The league is not going to allow investigated and confirmed sexual harassment. So Boston won’t get that Goodell treatment that Washington received.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Black, white, rich, poor. They all do bro... given the right cir stances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston has no motivation to do that. If what he did was bad enough to be fired and they chose to go easy they’d be eviscerated in the media for excusing if not covering up sexual assault or harassment. Any legal representation on behalf of the Celtics would know what a dangerous move that would be.

This isn’t the NFL. The league is not going to allow investigated and confirmed sexual harassment. So Boston won’t get that Goodell treatment that Washington received.
    It's not a dangerous move at all from a legal perspective. It could be from a PR one though but, apparently they decided it was worth the PR risk to give him the opportunity to move on and limit the damage. It'll be interesting to see of he takes that opportunity though..

Thread Information