Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle inbounds with 5 seconds left down 5. So they've only got a snowballs chance, but hey hork a 3 pointer and see what happens, right?

They inbound and pass it to Sue Bird who is wide open for the trey. She dribbles and does not shoot, passes instead to Breana Stewart who was totally not expecting it, duh. Buzzzzz game over.

Did Bird have $$$ on the spread or Under? I mean WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations Coach Becky and Aces for advancing to the Finals!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This semifinal series against the Aces and the Storm, was one for the WNBA ages! It was definitely entertaining series with some clutch shots by both teams when it counted. Brianna Stewart for the Storm was fenomenal, and so was Jewell Lloyd. I know that A'ja is in the running for the league MVP, but Chelsea Gray is the Aces' MVP! She hit some clutch shots and carried this team on her back in this series. So long to Seattle Sue, she will be missed! Congrats to the Aces and coach Becky! If they continue to play physical with tough defense as they did in this series, along with ball movement, I think that they can win it all! I also think that the Sky will win Thursday night and face the Aces on Sunday for the Chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chelsea Gray WNBA playoff first with 30/10ast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    67-64 Aces Game 1.

In spite of Kobme Plum going 1-9. Someone who follows the aces is going to have to explain to me how plum gets to keep firing bricks. Although she did hit a key 3-pointer for her only made shot later in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    67-64 Aces Game 1.

In spite of Kobme Plum going 1-9. Someone who follows the aces is going to have to explain to me how plum gets to keep firing bricks. Although she did hit a key 3-pointer for her only made shot later in the 4th.
    "thought Plum's defense down the stretch really sparked us -- she played hard," Hammon said. "Her shot wasn't falling and she found other ways to impact the game. At the end" from ESPN writer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking her team to the finals in her first season

PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PATFO
    Brings up a what if scenario had it been Becky after KwaZaza rather then the Pop n Bryn Era.

Cue that picture of Tim and Becky on the bench pregame with clipboards in hand and a WTF??!! conversation look between them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "thought Plum's defense down the stretch really sparked us -- she played hard," Hammon said. "Her shot wasn't falling and she found other ways to impact the game. At the end" from ESPN writer.
    Plum must also be in a acious slump.
    I only began noticing '22 Aces in the semis vs Seattle.
    Since then she is
    27-77 35%
    6-34 treys 18%

46/42% regular season.

But Aces have won 4 in a row so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to take anything from Becky but the Aces have been at least to conference finals in the past 4 seasons, with a finals appearance 2 years ago. Let's not make her Larry Brown.

PATFO made a good call, she's leading now and probably does really well. She could return to the NBA to coach eventually.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PATFO
    Unsure if serious, but if so at thinking coaching plays a significant role.

I'm no WNBA expert, but if the Aces are on the verge of winning the championship, it's doubtlessly because they have among, if not the best combination of talent/fit in the league, possibly combined with opponent injury luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aces have been knocking on the door but not winning the chip.
    They brought in Becky to get them over the top.
    If she gets it done she is their Phil Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aces have been knocking on the door but not winning the chip.
    They brought in Becky to get them over the top.
    If she gets it done she is their Phil Jackson.
    Non sequitur

Phil has 11 rings as a coach. I'd say she's their Tyronn Lue. If she does a couple 3 peats, we can reconsider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non sequitur

Phil has 11 rings as a coach. I'd say she's their Tyronn Lue. If she does a couple 3 peats, we can reconsider.
    You forgot summer league champ's . usually winning at two levels makes you HOF worthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non sequitur

Fair

I clearly overstated it to make a point about "taking anything away from Becky."
    Instead of the Aces recent playoff runs being a potential negative in assessing Hammon's performance, I see it as a positive.
    She stepped into a situation where winning a le is the only way she can succeed.
    That took guts.
    Now she's on the doorstep of delivering

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Becky coming in and instantly improving over her predecessor. Great work!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She stepped into a situation where winning a le is the only way she can succeed.
    That took guts.
    That's a great point. What a tough job to take with an unbelievably high bar to be considered a success and Becky stepped up to that.

Very impressive. WNBA playoffs have been interesting to loosely follow. Proud of Coach Hammon. Go Aces Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair

I clearly overstated it to make a point about "taking anything away from Becky."
    Instead of the Aces recent playoff runs being a potential negative in assessing Hammon's performance, I see it as a positive.
    That took guts.
    Right along side Wade Phillips iirc. Taking a job where anything short of a championship is failure, that's a tough gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone on this board who is seriously ting on Becky just because she is leading a WNBA team (to their first Finals wins and on the brink of a championship) seriously needs to reconsider their priorities or go get some therapy.

Why is it so hard for some of you to root for somebody else to succeed in their life? Like seriously, what the is wrong with your brain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations Coach Becky and Aces for advancing to the Finals!
    Becky should be spurs coach not poop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a bad feeling about Game 3 after the Attention crashed the game 2 locker room post game.

Preening and with his fake self depreciation jokes and the forcing the "Sweetest wins are on the road" schtikkk as if he is the originator.

Calm down Pop Sniffers, perhaps the Aces were going to get blown out in Game 3 anyways.

Still very much in control at 2-1.

Just thought i saw a cringed look on Becky like "please end this soon" as Grandpa rambled on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a bad feeling about Game 3 after the Attention crashed the game 2 locker room post game.

Preening and with his fake self depreciation jokes and the forcing the "Sweetest wins are on the road" schtikkk as if he is the originator.

Calm down Pop Sniffers, perhaps the Aces were going to get blown out in Game 3 anyways.

Yeah, that was cringe worthy. Becky seemed very uncomfortable to me.

Still very much in control at 2-1.

Just thought i saw a cringed look on Becky like "please end this soon" as Grandpa rambled on.

Cringeworthy indeed. Becky looks very uncomfortable with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Silver Stars are Champions

Thread Information