Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is this number coming from? I come up with closer to $4.5MM

If we’re only at 1.8, then we’re golden. If we are at 4.5, things get more complicated.
    I would not lose sleep over it. To believe the Spurs are going to miss the salary floor is to believe they are incapable of finding competent accountants.

The terms of all those announced re-signings are not final anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero sleep is being lost, but alas this is a discussion board: a place where these things are discussed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not lose sleep over it. To believe the Spurs are going to miss the salary floor is to believe they are incapable of finding competent accountants.

The terms of all those announced re-signings are not final anyway.
    They probably give a bump to champ, Jones, Mamu from the reported offers to reach the floor and call it a day.

i would hope they just waive stevens and bring somebody else aboard. Having 2 of our roster spots on stevens and birch would be pretty disappointing. Unless they think birch can contribute but tbh I’ve read nothing about him being expected to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably give a bump to champ, Jones, Mamu from the reported offers to reach the floor and call it a day.

i would hope they just waive stevens and bring somebody else aboard. Having 2 of our roster spots on stevens and birch would be pretty disappointing. Unless they think birch can contribute but tbh I’ve read nothing about him being expected to play
    Stevens seems almost assured to be waived at this point, he’s the 16th man on the roster as it is. Birch and Stevens being waived makes 14 and leaves room if they wanted to bring Barlow up full time. They could guarantee Stevens before waiving him and eat up another $1.4MM, but at that point I’m sure Champ, Tre, Mamu and Barlow would be kind of looking around wondering why that money couldn’t go to them…

I think it they give Barlow $2.50-3, then could do some fun stuff with Tre and Champ to front load and eat up another $1m, which only leaves another $500k-$1M to have to dole out among those guys. I’m sure they can do it… but I think they’ll want to get Barlow locked in around the $2.5 number since that where’s Bassey is at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, then for example Spotrac could be off by $800,000 on its estimate for Tre and $400,000 on its estimate for Julian if those contracts are actually front-loaded, which seems likely.

Khem Birch, who is unlikely ever to suit up, can be cut (eventually, assuming there are no trades soon in which his salary is needed to match).

Lamar Stevens can be guaranteed. Or cut.

Then Dominick Barlow could be signed to a deal like Champagnie’s. Boom, salary floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see of Stevens the more I like him. He ranked in the 97th percentile in on ball defense. If his offense can come close to the summer league game you have to keep him over Osman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see of Stevens the more I like him. He ranked in the 97th percentile in on ball defense. If his offense can come close to the summer league game you have to keep him over Osman.
    Yea I think people aren't very familiar with him. Cavs fans loved him. His defense is legit, and that alone I think gives him a chance to stick around but we might just be doing him a favor and advertising him. He's a hard worker and has been diligent on his outside game development. He fits the Wemby team as a 3 and D option with some experience and leadership qualities.
    He isn't a great player but definitely one of those guys who could help the young guys stay up. Spurs suddenly have a lot of wing options though so I don't know what they do there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post… but I think you are confusing two different players.

Lamar Stevens is entering his 4th year in the NBA, who we just traded for. He isn’t on the Summer League team.

Erik Stevenson is a 6’4” rookie guard out of West Virginia who is on the Summer League team and trying to impress his way onto a G-League roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erik has a sweeet looking 3 ball and he got a little hopes in him I don’t think me makes the big boy team but would like to see what he can do in G League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow can play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most exciting thing about Barlow is his combination of having a 9-foot-plus standing reach and the quickness to switch onto guards. Add in naturally good timing for blocks and rebounds and that's a really good base to build a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He stays on his feet well too... He's a great onball defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks longer than 6'9 with that 7'3 wingspan and he has long and especially large hands based on the combine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, this dude is a long asf 6'9

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most exciting thing about Barlow is his combination of having a 9-foot-plus standing reach and the quickness to switch onto guards. Add in naturally good timing for blocks and rebounds and that's a really good base to build a player.
    but but but he's the worst player to set foot on a NBA court in the last decade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone still trying to lock up Barlow today? Or maybe we wait and see how he does on the 2-way a little while longer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone still trying to lock up Barlow today? Or maybe we wait and see how he does on the 2-way a little while longer?
    Yes. Today he played a role and he played it real well. As a big man in today’s nba, you’re not going to be consistently featured on offense unless your name is Jokic or Embiid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Today he played a role and he played it real well. As a big man in today’s nba, you’re not going to be consistently featured on offense unless your name is Jokic or Embiid.
    Also, I should point out that my question was a sincere one - not being snarky. I only caught the end of the game and the boxscore.

Roster is definitely full now though. We need to waive Stevens and Birch just to get to the floor. Someone else would have to move to make room for Barlow. Maybe more consolidation to come?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perfect back up to Wemby in the 4

lets bring them onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonight, Barlow is the only player that’s been consistently good through all summer league games, even in that one game where he didnt score much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That mid-range is money...would like to see him try extending out to the 3 point line though. Being a ~35% shooter from 3 even with relatively low volume would be huge.

Regardless, gotta like what he's shown so far. He's done a little bit of everything out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow got pushed around a lot, played a bad game defensively but he competed and showed aggression on the offense. Hope they figure out a way to get him on a bubbly-esque deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonight, Barlow is the only player that’s been consistently good through all summer league games, even in that one game where he didnt score much.
    He's definitely proven he belongs and deserves a long term commitment from the team. Hard to believe this guy went undrafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty Dom slowly coming along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He occasionally passes up wide open shots from the elbow and he's a pretty good shotmaker from there. If he rachets up his aggression a bit instead of retreating to shy rookie mode, he will be another Spurs scouting steal. I think he has some unique skills on both offense and defense for his height, principally because of his quick feet. We are about to change the direction of the league to taller more agile forward line.

Thread Information