Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately I missed the first half, but it looks like Barlow is killing it. It's still one preseason game, but at the very least I'd say not many 2nd rounders look better than Barlow and Champagnie, the young guys we picked up last year seem like a great bunch.
    Barlow and Champagnie aren't even second rounders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately I missed the first half, but it looks like Barlow is killing it. It's still one preseason game, but at the very least I'd say not many 2nd rounders look better than Barlow and Champagnie, the young guys we picked up last year seem like a great bunch.
    I'd also say no first rounders on CHA look better than Barlow and Champ, including the #2 overall!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most impressive a Spur has looked in SL since fat-head tbh. Hope it continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow and Champagnie aren't even second rounders.
    No kidding. I'm making a point that they look better than any 2nd round pick in the past 2 years... I'd say probably better than any 23 pick or worse (last year Kessler went 22 and Braun 21, other than that I might say top 20).

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just love this kid. How do you not root for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nembhard and Jaden Hardy maybe? Kenneth Lofton did up 42 in an NBA game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they don’t screw it up. Just sign him now and figure it out the roster spots later. Can always cut Berch and the two inbound from Cleveland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nembhard and Jaden Hardy maybe? Kenneth Lofton did up 42 in an NBA game
    Obviously Herb Jones can’t be overlooked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously Herb Jones can’t be overlooked.
    Ah, I thought Ariel was just talking this past draft and last year. If including 2021, we already have the guys I'd want from that second round... Bassey and Mamu!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about dem OTE guys?? Eh? Eh??

Btw, how is Barlow’s fit with Wemby? Too rail thin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investing and committing to Barlow now means less likely signings of vet FA’s later, or maybe even marquee FA’s. You can only have so many roster spots for people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about dem OTE guys?? Eh? Eh??

Btw, how is Barlow’s fit with Wemby? Too rail thin?
    Great fit, imho. 2 guys that can exchange the 2 bigmen position at will, both good off the ball too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investing and committing to Barlow now means less likely signings of vet FA’s later, or maybe even marquee FA’s. You can only have so many roster spots for people.
    It’s a good problem to have if someone worthwhile comes along, Spurs can easily cut or package someone with second round picks to open up a spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few more SL performances like this and Dom may deserve a 4/10 along the lines of what Bassey got... but giving that to him is going to make hitting the floor much more difficult. Dom might need to wait until midseason to hit his payday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty dom's coming out party

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This goes back to my point in the Sidy thread (not related to anything you and I talked about) that second round picks are a crapshoot for talent and it’s all about receptiveness and hard work from that point on. The value of the Spurs program is what shines here, not the Spurs’ scouting skills. I mean, scouting-wise, they probably focus on character first and foremost with those second round / undrafted picks.

Barlow is a great dude who has been putting the work in and making the most out of his opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This goes back to my point in the Sidy thread (not related to anything you and I talked about) that second round picks are a crapshoot for talent and it’s all about receptiveness and hard work from that point on. The value of the Spurs program is what shines here, not the Spurs’ scouting skills. I mean, scouting-wise, they probably focus on character first and foremost with those second round / undrafted picks.

Barlow is a great dude who has been putting the work in and making the most out of his opportunities.
    He also has a 9 feet standing reach while being mobile and having a jumpshot, tbh. Spurs have had many great character guys that worked hard but just didn't have the tools, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also has a 9 feet standing reach while being mobile and having a jumpshot, tbh. Spurs have had many great character guys that worked hard but just didn't have the tools, tbh.
    Barlow having measurements like that wasn’t any secret, which goes to my point about scouting for talent secondary. You can name a ton of players with great physical tools, but no rhyme or reason to them. Just look at Kai Jones’ failed career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to trade Wemby to build around Barlow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow having measurements like that wasn’t any secret, which goes to my point about scouting for talent secondary. You can name a ton of players with great physical tools, but no rhyme or reason to them. Just look at Kai Jones’ failed career.
    Yeah, Spurs have had quite a bit of those too, tbh. It's all about opportunities and being in the right moment at the right time. The difference between the G-league and a life saving contract many times comes down to landing on the right team at the right moment, and it is not a condition reserved solely to the Spurs, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I mentioned that the Spurs really got guys with good character with the work ethic that you want in your organization in last year and this years draft and pickups. They definitely stayed far away from the Luka/Primo type of players.......

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the way barlow is moving tells me he has been putting in work…

he runs better, moves better, jumps better, shoots better, looks fluid and coordinated compared to just last season where he looked gangly and a bit stiff and unpolished…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the way barlow is moving tells me he has been putting in work…

he runs better, moves better, jumps better, shoots better, looks fluid and coordinated compared to just last season where he looked gangly and a bit stiff and unpolished…
    I hope this continues JC and Barlow, and likewise the rest of our young guys. Wemby coming put an urgency for everybody to get better fast or be left off. This team is just going to get better, and they’re in for the ride. And with the same age, how nice it is to collect rings together? I expect everybody working hard than ever on their game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he gets that multi-year contract - similar with Bassey or Champagne.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2TKGchOSjNo?feature=share4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instagram

Some photos from tonight

Thread Information