Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, those handles ain’t bad. Can he sink those outside shots consistently? And he can cover perimeter too. I hope he keeps improving and see more minutes. The Spurs are pretty thin in the middle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long term, Dom is a 4 and should probably be the backup 4 heading into next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long term, Dom is a 4 and should probably be the backup 4 heading into next season.
    he should be the backup awhile back...but wright cant do nothing right it seems.He can replace champ or collins in
    playing time and get sum experience playing along with wemby.Wtf are they waiting for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dom can shoot the 3-ball he should be the starting 4 next season. People only like Sochan because of where he was drafted. Dom’s bag already looks deeper than Sochan and advanced stats like his defense way more than Sochan although the sample size is small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice if Dom can play stretch four next to Wemby, especially against teams starting two bigs. Easily Sochan can slide to SF replacing Champ, and Vassell playing the 2, IF Dom can hit those outside shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should be the backup awhile back...but wright cant do nothing right it seems.He can replace champ or collins in
    playing time and get sum experience playing along with wemby.Wtf are they waiting for.
    To be fair to Wright, those choices are the coaches job, not the GMs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice if Dom can play stretch four next to Wemby, especially against teams starting two bigs. Easily Sochan can slide to SF replacing Champ, and Vassell playing the 2, IF Dom can hit those outside shots.
    Sochan moves to the bench. His 3 ball isn’t good enough for PF let alone SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a great midrange shooter already, which is why he's efficient from the corners. He just has to extend his range to the 3-point line. I'm a lot higher on this kid than I am on Branham, Wesley and Bassey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is not a PF, and he's not better than Sochan. If Jeremy were in the d-league, he'd actually look like a point guard. I think Dom should be signed and given a real chance to beat Collins out for minutes. But chances are, he's still deep bench next year along with Cissoko and hopefully Wesley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is not a PF, and he's not better than Sochan. If Jeremy were in the d-league, he'd actually look like a point guard. I think Dom should be signed and given a real chance to beat Collins out for minutes. But chances are, he's still deep bench next year along with Cissoko and hopefully Wesley.
    i dont know that he'd be better than sochan at PF... but he's been better than collins at center this year in their respective NBA minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know that he'd be better than sochan at PF... but he's been better than collins at center this year in their respective NBA minutes
    I think so too, but I don't see him getting the nod over Zach unless he plays WAY better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming Zollins is playing now because of a combo of Dom's contract structure + the FO giving Collins a chance to play through whatever he's going through to try and recoup any value he has left heading into the offseason (I honestly dont think much of his struggles are injury related).

Down the stretch this season (last 10-15 games), I want Barlow and Sidy getting some pretty significant rotation minutes tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be hilarious if in five years, undrafted Dom is the best NBA player from OTE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t happen since our front office gave that extension to that got Zollins. Pop will realize it before it’s too late as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards, Raptors, and Nets have each converted 2 way players to standard contracts. hopefully we get something nice done w/ barlow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow just got converted to a standard NBA contract. Woj tweeted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for the kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great for Barlow, will be curious to see what his deal looks like relative to Bassey (4/10 with the first year being the remainder of last season and this year being guaranteed, no guarantees beyond that) and Champ's (4/12, this year guaranteed only). These are great end of roster deals.

I still think Bassey is the better backup C prospect due to his elite DREB% (would rank 7th in the league if he qualified) and BLK% (would rank 4th in the league if he qualified), but they are different players. In a very limited sample size, Barlow has flashed elite OREB skills though, so I'm excited to see what he does with some extended run. In an ideal world he could be a PF, but I'm not sure if I see it.

I'm assuming Zollins is playing now because of a combo of Dom's contract structure + the FO giving Collins a chance to play through whatever he's going through to try and recoup any value he has left heading into the offseason (I honestly dont think much of his struggles are injury related).

Down the stretch this season (last 10-15 games), I want Barlow and Sidy getting some pretty significant rotation minutes tbh.
    Zach has actually played well for his standards the last few games... if he could maintain this for the rest of the year then maybe just maybe he won't be a major negative asset to move (meaning maybe we only have to attach a couple of SRPs to him instead of a FRP)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Collins is never a good player again, you don't need RI move his contract. I don't know why you guys are obsessed with this. The team is not in any cap issue whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda took a shot in the dark after seeing 3 two-way guys signed but nice to see Barlow added to the group.

curious to see if it’s closer to a baddy/champagnie structure or a Cissoko one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad the kid got a promotion to a regular contract. Shows what real (not potential) talent and decent development can do for a player. Is he a starter .. no, but he can be a capable backup. Maybe they give him a contract similar to Bassey's. If he shows more improvement, its great for him and the team. If he doesn't, they can just release him. No harm no foul and we move on to the next prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see Barlow getting minutes unless he plays PF with Zollins and Bassey ahead in the pecking order. I’ve seen him with better handles but needs consistency shooting outside to ala KBD. I’m curious how this plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see Barlow getting minutes unless he plays PF with Zollins and Bassey ahead in the pecking order. I’ve seen him with better handles but needs consistency shooting outside to ala KBD. I’m curious how this plays out.
    I don't think Bassey is ahead of anyone in the rotation. That's both because he was injured midseason and thus isn't a lock to be healthy to start next season and because he's not very good.

Collins or no Collins, I hope the Spurs go into next year with just one of Barlow and Bassey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Bassey is ahead of anyone in the rotation. That's both because he was injured midseason and thus isn't a lock to be healthy to start next season and because he's not very good.

Collins or no Collins, I hope the Spurs go into next year with just one of Barlow and Bassey.
    Your Bassey hate continues to cloud your vision. Elite DREB% and BLK% numbers, two things this team desperately needs. 2nd highest PER on the team, and one of only 3 players with a + PER relative to league average. Highest DBPM on the team (even ahead of Wemby, though sample size should be considered of course), and second best DRTG on the team (behind Wemby). His offensive game certainly needs some work, but his OBPM remains better than Collins (Bassey actually owns the team's best ORtg, but I'm not going to read too much into that as it relates to his individual offensive development). Highest WS/48 on the team, 4th highest VORP.

However, he has suffered back to back knee injuries and had a tibial plateau fracture (where you break your bone and injury the cartilage that covers the bottom part of your knee).

All of these knee injuries certainly add up and definitely wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs move on.
    Last edited by scott; 03-02-2024 at 02:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your Bassey hate continues to cloud your vision. Elite DREB% and BLK% numbers, two things this team desperately needs. 2nd highest PER on the team, and one of only 3 players with a + PER relative to league average. Highest DBPM on the team (even ahead of Wemby, though sample size should be considered of course), and second best DRTG on the team (behind Wemby). His offensive game certainly needs some work, but his OBPM remains better than Collins (Bassey actually owns the team's best ORtg, but I'm not going to read too much into that as it relates to his individual offensive development). Highest WS/48 on the team, 4th highest VORP.

However, he has suffered back to back knee injuries and had a tibial plateau fracture (where you break your bone and injury the cartilage that covers the bottom part of your knee).

All of these knee injuries certainly add up and definitely wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs move on.
    It's not hate. It's looking at him and realizing he's 6-8 and can only play one position. His advanced stats look good, but his best year was in Philly before they cut him. He out-statted everyone on the team that wasn't Embiid, but Philly still chose to play other guys ahead of him and to keep Paul Reed on a long-term deal because he's not actually a winning player. He's sort like Matt Bonner but worse. His stats more demonstrate the value of his archetype (energy big, rim-runner, vertical spacer) for what the Spurs need than his actual impact.

That doesn't mean he literally sucks at playing basketball. But he can't go where the Spurs need to go. For me, it'd be far more understandable for Champ to continue to start at the three next year than it would for Bassey to be in the rotation. Champ has size and is one of the better defenders on the team. He just needs to hit his shots, and he's fine for a three-and-D fifth option, which is where you'd hope he'd be if the Spurs bring in a guy like Young, Garland or Mitc while keeping Vassell. He's not great, but he's cheap and can hold the fort down while the team finds his replacement in the draft or from a ring-chaser. Bassey on the other hand, is already playing on a team that has equivalent options but who have better size and can space the floor, and center is a position where good guys are available for the min or room exception every year. No matter how the Spurs play their off-season, they should have a way to get a better option than Bassey.

Thread Information