Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being on the active game roster. Since the discussion was about him being a rotation player, he'd kind of have to be on it nearly every game.
    Thanks for the clarification.

The 50-game limit does provide a little bit of leeway if he's really more like a fringe rotation guy depending on matchups. He could never play a game in Austin and still easily make it to March 1 (or the entire season) under his 50 game limit if the Spurs only dress him for games where the matchups dictate. This is kind of an abuse of the two-way contract though, I'd have to imagine there is some kind of safe-guard against this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought rice was on 2way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought rice was on 2way
    He is. Barlow is. There is one more 2way available if they want to use it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news. I have no doubt Barlow could have signed a regular contract somewhere, I take the fact that he's willing to sign a 2-way contract with the Spurs as an indication that he wants to continue his development with the team, and I also think he'll eventually get signed to a long term NBA contract once the logjam is cleared.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Samanic vibe from this guy. Never around the team and no relationship with the other players. Does FO even know where he is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Samanic vibe from this guy. Never around the team and no relationship with the other players. Does FO even know where he is?
    Where the F are you getting that from?

I can guarantee that if the team, who knows much more about him than you do, were getting Sammich vibes, he would never have been converted to an NBA contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any concerns about Barlow's commitment to improvement. He's shown a ton of growth since he signed with the club. He played in the summer league and will be there when camp starts. Why should he not take advantage of the long break before having to start next year's grind?

Also a lot of people confuse posting about working with actually working. It's a little cool to see the org's posts with guys in the gym, but I don't really care about that. If Barlow comes into camp out of shape, I'll feel like he wasted some time. But I don't hold it against him that he's not taking random photos, especially considering the lack of guaranteed money he's received so far and the lack of long-term commitment the team has shown him up to this point. It's easy to forget that the dude was basically just upper middle class last year, at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no love for barlow's 34 and 8 last night? granted. it's the g league but he never did this last year when with the Austin squad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to give him some burn as the backup 4 tbh. His size and wingspan would instantly make us a better rebounding team even if he did nothing but stand in front of people and spread his arms

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow can't play PF unless he's next to a stretch C (currently, Collins and Wembanyama are more theoretical than actual) and even then, a team as bereft of ballhandling/playmaking/shooting as this one can't afford to further subtract from those areas in the rotation.

That's why Bassey isn't playing much despite playing well.

Meanwhile, the only actual PF (Sochan) also can't shoot and is mostly masquerading as a PG. The team is too clunky all the way around and can't even make up for it defensively/rebounding wise.
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-13-2023 at 06:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very high on this kid. The only thing he's missing is a realiable 3-point shot. Glad he made one in this game. With how good his midrange looked in summer league, I'm sure he'll be able to extend his range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanna see this kid paired with Wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very high on this kid. The only thing he's missing is a realiable 3-point shot. Glad he made one in this game. With how good his midrange looked in summer league, I'm sure he'll be able to extend his range
    Agree, though, his D is still suspect which is why he’s not playing. Lot of the plays in that clip look like the exact ones they should be running for VW btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leads the entire G league in scoring with 26.2 PPG in 9 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our G league team knows how to lob pass and better then our main one lol

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Shaq of Shaq & Kobe during Summer League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey dominated the G-League.

Barlow is dominating the G-League.

Mamu goes to the G-League and puts up 34 pts and 22boards (while Blake puts up 27 on 10/14 shooting and Barlow added 26 & 7).

I think the G-League just kind of sucks, and especially if you are an NBA-caliber big you can completely dominate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Blake's been that successful in previous games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey dominated the G-League.

Barlow is dominating the G-League.

Mamu goes to the G-League and puts up 34 pts and 22boards (while Blake puts up 27 on 10/14 shooting and Barlow added 26 & 7).

I think the G-League just kind of sucks, and especially if you are an NBA-caliber big you can completely dominate.
    This is the main reason why I was low on Scoot. If you’re a guard in your SECOND gleague season, with nearly zero shot blockers in the league, you would need to dominate to be considered a top prospect in my book. People were taking he was Rose or Ja, and he couldn’t even finish in the gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow needs to get minutes as the back up PF at some point. Kid is too good for the G-League and can actually defend

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine it's a weird calculation. We suck with our starters, so do we let them learn to play together more, or keep mixing and matching? If nothing else, some backups should be prioritized at various games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised he’s not getting more run with the big club yet, especially as Bassey’s role has declined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the deal with his contract? What’s stopping another team from poaching him, for example? is it that the Spurs can match any offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the deal with his contract? What’s stopping another team from poaching him, for example? is it that the Spurs can match any offer?
    He’s on a 2way. You can’t call up another team’s 2way player. It’s an actual contract with theSanAntonio Spurs.

Thread Information