Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the last of the two way contracts, yes? I presume the Spurs will convert him when roster space allows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonderful. I presume and hope that the next step will be do something similar with Sissoko. Then we'll ll finally just have to wait till the new acquired players (Payne, Bullock, Osman, etc) will be treadable again (mid September) and then finally proceed with a trade or some cuts (frankly the only cuttable one, because of his injury and limited playing time these last years, is Birch, but his salary could be used for a trade in case the player coming to us has a big money contract
    ;all the others old or new players on the roster have Imho a decent market value as reliable veterans expecially for teams willing to go to play offs/play in).
    Someone pointed out that since all of the players were traded into our cap room, they’re tradeable immediately and in any combination. What we’re waiting for is for one of either Harden or Lillard to be traded, and for teams within the trade to require ending contracts, probably Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt he was staying regardless, but the timing is more interesting. It suggests the team is not seeing consolidation trades and is staying pat for now and/or didn't want to keep Barlow hanging waiting for deals to play out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome! If he performs well hopefully he gets the Bassey later in year. 2-way contract money ain’t nothing to sneeze at for an undrafted kid, starting at about 500k.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit surprised another team didn’t make an offer and press spurs. Great news.
    They couldn't. Offer sheets have to be for three or four years. No one was breaking into their MLE for Barlow. by the time it was clear he was actually having a good summer league, most MLEs and cap space had been long spent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a whole lot of bigs on this team.
    Six. Wembanyama, Collins, Sochan, Bassey, Mamukelashvili, Barlow.

The first three are obviously guaranteed significant minutes and the next two are likely to have the inside track to backend rotation minutes at the start of the season because of their relative experience and contractual status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six. Wembanyama, Collins, Sochan, Bassey, Mamukelashvili, Barlow.

The first three are obviously guaranteed significant minutes and the next two are likely to have the inside track to backend rotation minutes at the start of the season because of their relative experience and contractual status.
    Yeah not a lot of experience at all huh. The only Center types on the bench are Bassey and Barlow. Saying he's not going to be tried in the rotation is premature.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not a lot of experience at all huh. The only Center types on the bench are Bassey and Barlow. Saying he's not going to be tried in the rotation is premature.
    That's different than what you said and that's not what I said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't really have a player in your regular rotation that is 2way contract limited to 50 NBA games. Yes, they've re-ins uted the limit after suspending a couple of years it for COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's different than what you said and that's not what I said.
    Yes, I said there's not a lot of bigs on this team. If you think I don't know how to count, that's one thing, but a dumb thing. Clearly I meant experienced bigs, or even non-injury prone bigs. Bigs to be counted on. There's no reason to think any big-man rotation is set at all.

This board has tremedous problems with reading comprehension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I said there's not a lot of bigs on this team. If you think I don't know how to count, that's one thing, but a dumb thing. Clearly I meant experienced bigs, or even non-injury prone bigs. Bigs to be counted on. There's no reason to think any big-man rotation is set at all.

..or clear writing ability?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't really have a player in your regular rotation that is 2way contract limited to 50 NBA games. Yes, they've re-ins uted the limit after suspending a couple of years it for COVID.
    You could if you plan to plan to convert them at the trade deadline after clearing a roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the last of the two way contracts, yes? I presume the Spurs will convert him when roster space allows.
    Unless I missed a two-way signing, they have the new third two-way spot left, with Rice and Barlow on two-ways so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could if you plan to plan to convert them at the trade deadline after clearing a roster spot.
    Last year, game 50 was on the 28th of January. The trade deadline was on February 8th. Often times, though, if you don't make the trade you want, that veteran hangs around until close to, or actually at the buyout deadline of 1 March, occupying a roster spot, and preventing the conversion. You literally couldn't play him for almost 5 weeks, and then just as if he were injured, he'd have to play his way back into game shape.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone pointed out that since all of the players were traded into our cap room, they’re tradeable immediately and in any combination. What we’re waiting for is for one of either Harden or Lillard to be traded, and for teams within the trade to require ending contracts, probably Miami.
    Idk that much about the rules in the matter... However it's sure that any restriction expires September 15 (that's the day Cam Payne, aka the last player traded to us, mature the two months since he's been traded to us)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There should be 1 more two way spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, spurs have 1 more two-way spot, no obvious candidates that i can think of. bediako would be pretty underwhelming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There should be 1 more two way spot.
    Yes. The new CBA added a 3rd two way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't. Offer sheets have to be for three or four years. No one was breaking into their MLE for Barlow. by the time it was clear he was actually having a good summer league, most MLEs and cap space had been long spent.
    I mean, not to be semantics guy but there are still teams that could have made Barlow a multi year offer. There was definitely a concern on my part that could happen - either way, it didn’t and him getting a 2 way is great.

Sidy getting a main club deal and Mamu set to - definitely feels like a trade will happen and Barlow still has a chance to get converted to a main deal later which I would not be surprised if that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, not to be semantics guy but there are still teams that could have made Barlow a multi year offer. There was definitely a concern on my part that could happen - either way, it didn’t and him getting a 2 way is great.

Sidy getting a main club deal and Mamu set to - definitely feels like a trade will happen and Barlow still has a chance to get converted to a main deal later which I would not be surprised if that happens.
    Supposedly, Barlow asked teams not to draft him. He wanted to be in our dev program, and he got a LOT of floor time for a 2way last season. Not sure why he'd dump that now to go start over with another team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So now it's my fault that you can't clearly convey what should be a simple point?

Again, not what I said. Tremendous problems with reading comprehension indeed.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I missed a two-way signing, they have the new third two-way spot left, with Rice and Barlow on two-ways so far.
    Thank you. I could have sworn there were two already. I was thinking the Spurs had someone else in mind for the third one before signing Dom as well. Not sure how I did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, game 50 was on the 28th of January. The trade deadline was on February 8th. Often times, though, if you don't make the trade you want, that veteran hangs around until close to, or actually at the buyout deadline of 1 March, occupying a roster spot, and preventing the conversion. You literally couldn't play him for almost 5 weeks, and then just as if he were injured, he'd have to play his way back into game shape.
    What actually counts against the 50-game limit? Is it NBA games actually played, games on the 13-man game day roster, or games "called up" and officially with the team in San Antonio (which I guess is the 15 man roster, but can really be an 18 man roster)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now it's my fault that you can't clearly convey what should be a simple point?

Again, not what I said. Tremendous problems with reading comprehension indeed.
    What I gather Mr. Body is trying to say is that you shouldn't assume he doesn't know how to count based solely on the fact he apparently doesn't know how to write.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What actually counts against the 50-game limit? Is it NBA games actually played, games on the 13-man game day roster, or games "called up" and officially with the team in San Antonio (which I guess is the 15 man roster, but can really be an 18 man roster)?
    Being on the active game roster. Since the discussion was about him being a rotation player, he'd kind of have to be on it nearly every game.

Thread Information