Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things can be true... trade some assets being players , picks or a mixture of both. I myself would trade for young ( give Atlanta all their picks back + Charlotte pick + Boston pick swap+ Keldon + Tre Jones + Graham ), use all my draft capital this year ( leave at least one prospect overseas if not two ), sign Bey and Hartenstein in free agency. Starting lineup : Young, Vassell, Bey, Sochan, Wemby ( Sub in IH if the opposition decides to go big body )
    No there's a contingent of poster who want BOTH to be patient with Branham AND not to trade any of our picks for veteran allstar players. It's a ridiculous stance to take. You either have to be patient AND make a trade or make no trade and NOT be patient. There is no inbetween due to the number of picks we have.

I also want Young. That would be nice to have imo because he brings alot of things that we desperately need. I would give the Hawks their picks back too. Basically it would be a Murray for Young trade and I'm fine with that trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No there's a contingent of poster who want BOTH to be patient with Branham AND not to trade any of our picks for veteran allstar players. It's a ridiculous stance to take. You either have to be patient AND make a trade or make no trade and NOT be patient. There is no inbetween due to the number of picks we have.

I also want Young. That would be nice to have imo because he brings alot of things that we desperately need. I would give the Hawks their picks back too. Basically it would be a Murray for Young trade and I'm fine with that trade.
    It's not so binary. For those of us the be patient camp, they don't have to trade picks for vets/all stars. They can also trade for more future picks and push them down the road. Once contract extensions start kicking in, they are going to need to replenish the coffers through young/cheap talent to stay compe ive and not commit salary cap suicide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotcha

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kid is freaking 21, you give him more than a year..... I can't believe like this has to be actually said.....
    You do understand that this is his second year, right? He’s not a rookie. He can have as much time as he wants as a 9th man. His current role is way too big for him until he can prove he is actually an nba level player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not so binary. For those of us the be patient camp, they don't have to trade picks for vets/all stars. They can also trade for more future picks and push them down the road. Once contract extensions start kicking in, they are going to need to replenish the coffers through young/cheap talent to stay compe ive and not commit salary cap suicide.
    The only way to be in salary suicide is the continuous cycle of signing bad players to contracts they don’t deserve and years that aren’t needed. Like Collins or KJ and potentially Vassell and Sochan. It’s almost impossible to be in cap salary suicide by signing vets or trading for one. Mainly bc the amount of years left on their salary won’t match up Vassell or KJs. It will be less years. Add on top that We won’t pay Victor for another 4 years and it’s hard to be in cap .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the world is Keldons contract bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki has responded to his coach’s benching him and nonchalant criticism of him, with almost double-digit every night capping it with 20 pts last outing. He got a knack at scoring and playing well when aggressive, but at times he’s “too nice” and has tendencies to disappear when not poked. Wesley is much aggressive, if only he got Malaki’s offensive talent

Believe.
    Post Count
    Branham has looked better the past few games, like I actually had expected him to play. It might be a case of too little too late. We can’t take a risk with this type of player next year. We need to trade for someone better and more reliable and let the Wizards or Blazers take the time to develop his ilk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham has looked better the past few games, like I actually had expected him to play. It might be a case of too little too late. We can’t take a risk with this type of player next year. We need to trade for someone better and more reliable and let the Wizards or Blazers take the time to develop his ilk.
    Mistake. He will be a very valuable bench piece over the next couple of years as you build a contender

Believe.
    Post Count
    Mistake. He will be a very valuable bench piece over the next couple of years as you build a contender
    Maybe, but I need to see more. At least he needs to keep this up through the end of the season.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the world is Keldons contract bad?
    Yeah, that's completely wrong. The last two years of that contract will be around 10-11% of the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's completely wrong. The last two years of that contract will be around 10-11% of the cap.
    Bc you can get similar impact from a bench player for a cheaper amount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kid is freaking 21, you give him more than a year..... I can't believe like this has to be actually said.....

You do understand that this is his second year, right? He’s not a rookie. He can have as much time as he wants as a 9th man. His current role is way too big for him until he can prove he is actually an nba level player.

Branham will still only be 20 (not 21) at the end of the Spurs season this year. (Younger than some of the guys being discussed as draft targets this year.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but I need to see more. At least he needs to keep this up through the end of the season.
    If you say so……how’s ol’ Johnny Davis doing in Washington? Brother try to be reasonable & rational

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I keep yapping about Trae in every thread, but considering how well MB has been playing, I think there's a potential concern for him to be included in a trade for Trae. Picks+KJ+Devonte/MB would be a likely deal IMO, and I honestly hope Devonte or Wesley are in that package instead of MB. I think he has his moments and he can be smooth on the court with his movements and his shot. I'd much rather keep him over Devonte or Wesley.
    Last edited by TimmyBuckets; 03-07-2024 at 05:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his current role as, 7th or 8th?

uh ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham will still only be 20 (not 21) at the end of the Spurs season this year. (Younger than some of the guys being discussed as draft targets this year.)
    exactly. hes only 20. the rush to declare players "who they are" and "peaked" is absolutely absurd.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his current role as, 7th or 8th?

uh ok
    I’ll make it very clear:branham should average between 10 to 15 minutes a game, not the more than 20 minutes he plays right now.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I keep yapping about Trae in every thread, but considering how well MB has been playing, I think there's a potential concern for him to be included in a trade for Trae. Picks+KJ+Devonte/MB would be a likely deal IMO, and I honestly hope Devonte or Wesley are in that package instead of MB. I think he has his moments and he can be smooth on the court with his movements and his shot. I'd much rather keep him over Devonte or Wesley.
    Absurd. He’s not even a good basketball player. He’s terrible. Maybe he’ll be decent one day, but so could Graham and Wesley. Any of these guys are fine as trade bait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bingo. It would basically be getting rid of Murray+KJ for Young and Wemby.

Believe.
    Post Count
    If you say so……how’s ol’ Johnny Davis doing in Washington? Brother try to be reasonable & rational
    I mean that’s very true. There’s worse out there MUCH worse. I really think Brandan has talent and I always loved his smooth buttery mid game. Now that he’s making threes let’s make him a starter ahead of Champ. We need to find the best possible five that we got that works with Wemby. As they said in “Starship Troopers” I wanna see more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean that’s very true. There’s worse out there MUCH worse. I really think Brandan has talent and I always loved his smooth buttery mid game. Now that he’s making threes let’s make him a starter ahead of Champ. We need to find the best possible five that we got that works with Wemby. As they said in “Starship Troopers” I wanna see more.
    He reminds me of a Bradley Beal type scorer. Once his game iq increases look out! Defense ain’t looking too shabby these days ( not great by any stretch )

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great game. 5/5 from three. I have to give credit to our shooting coach for what he’s done with Vic and Branham the last month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's becoming a real weapon off the bench and there's still room to go. He's just launching from deep, no hesitation, and he's vastly improved over just a year ago there. Finding ways to impact the stat sheet even beyond shooting. He's not a complete wreck on defense. More to go there, too. Kid's only twenty, still? Won't turn 21 until the end of the season. Great work, Malaki.

Thread Information