Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2343
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is fine. Lot of the recent young guys looked a lot better in Year 3 vs Year 2 and I'm expecting the same from Jeremy next season tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean... the bucks are a le contender and if vassell was starting there over beasley i think they'd be ok

if the nuggets had vassell instead of kcp i think theyd be ok

if the celtics had vassell instead of white they'd still be ok. think white is a better fit given their needs but i dont think they cease to contend or anything like that

just depends on the rest of the team
    Given Vassell's contract status and age, I would be comparing him more to Middleton and MPJ and Porzingis rather than Beasley and KCP and White. Basically, can Vassell be the third best guy on a contender?

Of course that is going to look far less favorable for Vassell. He isn't there now, though imo it's not a stretch to say he could be by the time he's 26 or 27.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a keeper. I really like the moxie and every team needs their a-hole.

He just shouldn’t be expected to carry the load on offense ever.
    Nah bro, Sochan is a modern (fake) tough guy, he’s acting that way because he knows he’s protected.

He’s a funny lad for sure but doesn’t think much on the floor and way too limited

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah bro, Sochan is a modern (fake) tough guy, he’s acting that way because he knows he’s protected.

He’s a funny lad for sure but doesn’t think much on the floor and way too limited
    What's the worst asset that you'd be willing to trade him for? Unprotected first rounder? Lottery protected? 2nd rounder? Late 2nd rounder? Salary dump? Would you pay picks to offload him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the worst asset that you'd be willing to trade him for? Unprotected first rounder? Lottery protected? 2nd rounder? Late 2nd rounder? Salary dump? Would you pay picks to offload him?
    I’d keep him rn unless he’s asked in a big trade package.

Im just not as high on him as a lot of you are. I recon his defensive abilities but the balance with his offensive limitations is most of the time negative.

I haven’t seen much improvement and don’t understand how he’d suddenly change in his 3rd year but who knows…

I’d be happy to be wrong tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just went and rewatched the Mavs game and Doncic was 2 of 8 with Sochan guarding him. May want to look into Doncic's scoring stats if you are unfamiliar with his proficiency in that regard. What is even more notable about that is the discouragement factor Sochan provides. Generally, Doncic didn't even try to score on Sochan he was much more likely to give the ball up. Getting the ball out of the other team's best player's hands is very valuable.

I saw the same thing against OKC. SGA tried Sochan a few times and failed, got to where he'd just as soon throw the ball to someone else even to start the offense than work against Sochan. That's much bigger than nitpicking Sochan's elbow on jump shots.

As far as getting more efficient in his scoring, I'd like to see Sochan go into the body of bigs more under the basket, for one thing. His motor and effort are awesome though, he's in the middle of everything usually.

Also noted Doncic gets away with pushing off defenders with his off arm while dribbling, they need to clean that crap up it is so flagrant and obvious when he does it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, on the agitator thing I’ll take the words of loons like Draymond and Beverly over your gut feeling:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/s...s-18884296.php

https://www.tiktok.com/@patbevpod/vi...83391701945631

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, on the agitator thing I’ll take the words of loons like Draymond and Beverly over your gut feeling:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/s...s-18884296.php

https://www.tiktok.com/@patbevpod/vi...83391701945631
    wow thx, you couldn’t have chosen better examples to make my point

What an era…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a bar room brawl, I'd take Sochan any day!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow thx, you couldn’t have chosen better examples to make my point

What an era…
    You’re all over the place. The point was that Jermey’s biggest value to the team is in his being the resident a-hole/his moxie. Two MVP resident a-holes who have made long careers out of it, have given Jeremy props for his ability to be just that.

I don’t think anyone here thinks Jeremy is going to average 25/12 or anything like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re all over the place. The point was that Jermey’s biggest value to the team is in his being the resident a-hole/his moxie. Two MVP resident a-holes who have made long careers out of it, have given Jeremy props for his ability to be just that.

I don’t think anyone here thinks Jeremy is going to average 25/12 or anything like that.

There’s nothing he’s doing that compensâtes his limitations.

you’re overrating some clickbait content as if those 2 knew what they were talking about. You think they watch the Spurs on their free time?
    They’re just using cliches as contents.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest bust in franchise history. Drafting a ing scrub from Baylor’s bench should be a fireable offense on itself. Forget about drafting a predator from Alabama’s bench, forget about Branham and Wesley both being gigantic net negatives.

A Pistons reject in Brian Wrong has no business running a team. I can’t stomach hearing “Nikola Topic” on draft night

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siver linning we need more games like those until the end of RS to hope PATFO open their eyes.

Man this dude is dumb

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our defensive stopper who makes other guys score +10 pts above their averages on better efficiency. Also airballs his open 3s and misses rim on his midrange shots while falling to the floor every other play

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siver linning we need more games like those until the end of RS to hope PATFO open their eyes.

Man this dude is dumb
    He got the HEB commercial treatment after being a net negative last season. If they thought he was a good player then, then they most likely still do since he’s shown absolutely ZERO improvement in Year 2. The only department he showed any improvement in was 3p shooting and that’s going back to the norm. He’s 17/75 from three since February started, which is an embarrassing 22.6%. Teams are treating him like Westbrick and he hasn’t realized it’s on purpose since he keeps chucking them up

If anyone hasn’t bothered to look at this scrub’s numbers for the season, I suggest you do so and compare them to last year. Basic and advanced stats. All identical.

After fluking his way into being a rising star injury reserve, this summer is the time to sell high on this scrub. His value will never be higher. He won’t ever be a starter on a championship team, just ditch the ing scrub and get something back from that waste of a 9 pick. DO NOT GIVE HIM A SECOND CONTRACT TO JUSTIFY THE WHIFF

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs an over haul. Three starters need to be replaced and the bench needs an upgrade.

No waiting around hoping these players turn into something great, it isn't going to happen.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You CANNOT be a dud on offense in the modern nba. You just can't. Sochans defense isn't close to good enough to make up for that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude shot a wide open jumpshot that hit the bottom of the rim and then the bottom of the backboard

I need Bill Nye to explain to me how that's even possible

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone get the clip for the airball 3 and midrange he took this game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got the HEB commercial treatment after being a net negative last season. If they thought he was a good player then, then they most likely still do since he’s shown absolutely ZERO improvement in Year 2. The only department he showed any improvement in was 3p shooting and that’s going back to the norm. He’s 17/75 from three since February started, which is an embarrassing 22.6%. Teams are treating him like Westbrick and he hasn’t realized it’s on purpose since he keeps chucking them up

If anyone hasn’t bothered to look at this scrub’s numbers for the season, I suggest you do so and compare them to last year. Basic and advanced stats. All identical.

After fluking his way into being a rising star injury reserve, this summer is the time to sell high on this scrub. His value will never be higher. He won’t ever be a starter on a championship team, just ditch the ing scrub and get something back from that waste of a 9 pick. DO NOT GIVE HIM A SECOND CONTRACT TO JUSTIFY THE WHIFF

We all know there’s zero chance Pop gets rid of Sochan. Any times he talks about him he’s about to get emotional

My only hope is that he becomes a bench player thx to either draft pick or trade this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's an all time Shaqtin' A Fool tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is fine. Lot of the recent young guys looked a lot better in Year 3 vs Year 2 and I'm expecting the same from Jeremy next season tbh.
    Yup, I'm fully on board the hype train still for Sochan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has all the tools and demeanor to be a championship level 4 man. You can't pay everybody. You gotta have role players. At the 4, there are stars then after that the wing connector types like Sochan, that occupies championship teams. It is all about resource allocation, there is more money for guards and wings. The 3 spot is the most crucial moving forward. I think this is the spot with no role player alternative. It has to be someone that is going to make 30+ million a year on his second contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The billing said he could guard positions 1-5, he was a defensive pest, and last year he seemed to be a potential threat offensively.. I simply don't see any of it.. Seldom makes defensive plays outside of rebounds, hasn't really gotten under people's skin this year, and seems to screw up every good looking offensive opportunity and just can't finish.. I'm not sure what his strength is at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has all the tools …

He can’t shoot. He is not a useful NBA basketball player.

Thread Information