San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing awesome!

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations Pop! Greatest of all time

I love this ESPN story of people telling their favorite anecdotes of Pop: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...team-usa-coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad he took down a good team, and the Spurs' biggest rival when he took over, to get that record. And in a close game. It wouldn't have quite felt the same in a 116-101 win over Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a reflection of Tim Duncan's greatness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ Phil Jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goat Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT doing GOAT things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of a moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-time NBA champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, and now the winningest coach in NBA history.

Not a bad resume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a satisfying way to do it. Its wonderful to have this as a culmination of being one of the best for decades. Truly the GOAT. Looked like he wanted to get into the tunnel before he started tearing up. So lucky to have this dude as our coach for 20 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the GOAT coach. Now shrinkwrap Murray for the ROS, limit Keldon and Poetl to 10 minutes a game and keep our eyes on the best draft position possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, not sure if its been mentioned anywhere on the forum but y'all should listen to today's Zach Lowe podcast. He did a fantastic job of getting people from Pop's coaching life to speak about who Pop is and how he rolls. One of the best Spurs podcasts I've ever heard. Maybe THE best, honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, not sure if its been mentioned anywhere on the forum but y'all should listen to today's Zach Lowe podcast. He did a fantastic job of getting people from Pop's coaching life to speak about who Pop is and how he rolls. One of the best Spurs podcasts I've ever heard. Maybe THE best, honestly.
    I simply don't trust ESPN to be respectful of anything Spurs related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah was amazing to listen to this afternoon. You hear the stories once ina. While but still marvel at them when they still come out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy that a guy like Richardson, who's been a Spurs fan from afar for all of these years, could be part of the team during such a big moment even though he's likely just having a pitstop on his way to a new home next season. He didn't just celebrate from the bench either. Dude had a strong game and was a huge part in the Spurs staying in it during the first half. Also happy that Gay was there to congratulate him too. It only would have been more fitting if it were against the Nets instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy that a guy like Richardson, who's been a Spurs fan from afar for all of these years, could be part of the team during such a big moment even though he's likely just having a pitstop on his way to a new home next season. He didn't just celebrate from the bench either. Dude had a strong game and was a huge part in the Spurs staying in it during the first half. Also happy that Gay was there to congratulate him too. It only would have been more fitting if it were against the Nets instead.
    In Lowe's podcast today, Steve Kerr mentioned how quickly players become attached to Pop and I thought about that with both Richardson and Gay tonight. There was another player on the Jazz who came over to talk to Pop too but I couldn't see who it was. The man actually cares about these players. The hug between Pop and DJM was probably my favorite moment of the season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like beating Utah to cement the alltime record after beating the LA to tie it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Lowe's podcast today, Steve Kerr mentioned how quickly players become attached to Pop and I thought about that with both Richardson and Gay tonight. There was another player on the Jazz who came over to talk to Pop too but I couldn't see who it was. The man actually cares about these players. The hug between Pop and DJM was probably my favorite moment of the season.
    Pretty sure it was Juancho who came over. I guess those couple of weeks he was on the team were impactful for him.

As far as that hug, yeah. I thought DJM might have been crying. DeJounte deserves it too. Dude clearly put it all out there to get his coach that win and has basically carried the team to the rest of their victories this season. It was probably the best Pop moment since the Kawhi hug a few years ago.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice moment.

GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't help but feel the best I've felt as a Spurs fan since #5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year, Murray developed into an all-star, Pop got the record for most wins in NBA history, and the Spurs could end up with a top 5 pick.

Big picture, this has been a great season.

Thread Information