Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Can you Sniffers translate in Snifferese:

Not tanking, yet starting Bryn n 50 Patty.
    Going out and bringing Bryn back as a FA.

But not tanking.

Yo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    August 11, 1988 Los Angeles Times story on Gregg Popovich leaving Pomona-Pitzer to take a job with the Spurs as Larry Brown's assistant coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    August 11, 1988 Los Angeles Times story on Gregg Popovich leaving Pomona-Pitzer to take a job with the Spurs as Larry Brown's assistant coach.

Pretty cool find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Charlotte nope.
    *Home vs Lakers. If Lakers have accepted their Tank this game is winnable.

*Still more Flamer Phans then Spurs Fans at these games? Or is that just the lower section clowns? Final years Kome era only?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    History will be made vs Lakers.

Pop will either tie Don Nelson for wins or tie Pat Riley for losses and move into 15th place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't shock me if we get every opponent's best shot in these last 18 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has tied his mentor, Don Nelson.
    Congrats!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's rad. I didn't realize it was Larry Brown who basically tugged him out of this tiny college in California. Crazy that Pop wound up beating him in 2005.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason I thought he interned with Dean Smith (is that his name?) from UNC, and that opened the door to Larry Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason I thought he interned with Dean Smith (is that his name?) from UNC, and that opened the door to Larry Brown.
    Third paragraph on the right column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't looked back at the 6 pages, but Doc is only ~300 wins behind Pop.
    Sadly, it doesn't look like this record will last long.
    There’s a built in assumption that Pop is leaving. I’m not sure that’s the case. I also think Doc’s career is winding down. He hasn’t won 60 games since Boston, where he stumbled into a franchise that made a couple of lopsided Trades to win one le. He’s just not that impressive as a coach, and just forget about him developing young players. Not happening.

If he kept up his career win %, he’d have to coach 7 more seasons if Pop quits this summer. That would take him to 30, and only Nellie and Wilkins coached that long on the top of the list. I’m not sure he can even maintain that %, since he got a big early bump in Boston, and has kind of coasted since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a built in assumption that Pop is leaving. I’m not sure that’s the case. I also think Doc’s career is winding down. He hasn’t won 60 games since Boston, where he stumbled into a franchise that made a couple of lopsided Trades to win one le. He’s just not that impressive as a coach, and just forget about him developing young players. Not happening.

If he kept up his career win %, he’d have to coach 7 more seasons if Pop quits this summer. That would take him to 30, and only Nellie and Wilkins coached that long on the top of the list. I’m not sure he can even maintain that %, since he got a big early bump in Boston, and has kind of coasted since then.
    The best chance is IF Doc continues to coach the Sixers for 7 more years and continue winning 49 wins or more every year. That is IF they continue winning those 7 years. Otherwise, Embiid would demand out and/or Doc getting fired. I really think the Sixers would have to get to the Finals in immediate future like 2-3 years for Doc not to get fired.

It would be very lucky for Doc to stay at Sixers and break Pop record imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't looked back at the 6 pages, but Doc is only ~300 wins behind Pop.
    Sadly, it doesn't look like this record will last long.
    300 wins is six more 50-win seasons, so it's no small feat. Doc is barely on pace for that this season, and if Philly fails in the playoffs then Doc is probably the first one out the door.

Not sure how many chances he's going to get, but I would call this far from a given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    300 wins is six more 50-win seasons, so it's no small feat. Doc is barely on pace for that this season, and if Philly fails in the playoffs then Doc is probably the first one out the door.

Not sure how many chances he's going to get, but I would call this far from a given.
    That’s kind of my thought, too. He doesn’t develop young players, so most teams in the league who are building or rebuilding won’t hire him, and he doesn’t seem to be reaching the vets in recent NBA stops. This may be his last stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ If Embiids health can hold out enough for a top 5 MVP candidate (pre injury for sure, was running #1) combined with Regular Season Beard not turning into a donut in the next 3 years.....
    Philly management and fans would probably tolerate more 50+ win seasons and 2nd round outs.

Beyond that who knows. How the has Doc managed to land the 2 pretty primo gigs he has since the Boston II choker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers is only 60 years old. I could see him going another 10 years, definitely, but he needs ready-made near contenders to really get high numbers.

I also don't think Popovich retires after this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop might add another ~100 wins or so to his total. My assumption was that Doc probably gets at least next year with Philly at the minimum. Say he gets fired, I think another contender would convince themselves Doc is the missing key after he does TV for a year.
    A couple of them have already done it and failed: Lob City, and he’s gone backwards with Philly this year. I wouldn’t hire him. I’d go for a young coach who’s hungry. He’s becoming a retread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Doc is kinda on his last chance, but maybe that changes with this Harden trade if they can get past the eastern conference finals. Would have said same for Bud, then Bucks won it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Pop on the win. It was a come-from-behind effort against a quality opponent. One of the best victories of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the GOAT coach tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats you old fart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the GOAT