Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atl Spur is your typical optimist, only thing is he rolls with it and doubles down even more with homer ass takes. Lol bumping that Zollins thread only for Zollins to look average just like he’s always been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Future not looking so bright these days tho, even with Wemby
    This is such a bad take. What has fundamentally changed from this summer? We know Wemby actually the real deal. Otherwise, honestly what is somehow magically worse than it was 2 months ago?

Y'all make Britney Spears look emotionally stable at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team in the division who I think may be capable of le contention is OKC. SGA is good enough to carry them to a le and they have surrounded him with good players. Memphis has all but imploded, the Rockets don't have a guy on the roster who is going to be a legit MVP candidate (don't tell me Sengun is Jokic), Dallas has Luka but has not been able to pair him with anyone and be successful and NOLA has good but not great players. Stars win les. Guys like Jokic, Tim Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, Hakeem, or Giannis. We have one of those guys on our roster. We're fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is such a bad take. What has fundamentally changed from this summer? We know Wemby actually the real deal. Otherwise, honestly what is somehow magically worse than it was 2 months ago?

Y'all make Britney Spears look emotionally stable at times.
    Come on man, deliberately misconstruing my post into being some kind of emotionally unstable rant is disingenuous. I'm gonna assume by "y'all" you mean everyone in general and not me specifically. All I'm saying is the immediate future still looks pretty bleak given what we've seen thus far. Nothing emotional or unstable about it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man, deliberately misconstruing my post into being some kind of emotionally unstable rant is disingenuous. I'm gonna assume by "y'all" you mean everyone in general and not me specifically. All I'm saying is the immediate future still looks pretty bleak given what we've seen thus far. Nothing emotional or unstable about it tbh
    Alright that's fair. I do me more in general on this sub how people not even a quarter of the way into the season are acting like things are substantially worse than in preseason when I think if anything we should all be higher on Wemby right now. It would be nice if a few players on this team were looking like core pieces moving forward but honestly at this point Wemby is all that matters.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team in the division who I think may be capable of le contention is OKC.
    fyi the Thunder are not in the same division as the Spurs.

It's Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, Pelicans, Grizzlies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fyi the Thunder are not in the same division as the Spurs.

It's Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, Pelicans, Grizzlies.
    Wow I'm dumb. I literally had the division names in front of me and still put OKC in for some reason.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wemby has ability, moxie, and a high bb iq.

"i'd like to thank the spurs and the city of san antonio..." after what, three or four seasons?

spurs aren't turning into semi-contenders by getting younger thru the draft.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs aren't turning into semi-contenders by getting younger thru the draft.
    i concede, maybe by getting a new coach / leaders in the FO but pop just signed that new deal.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this roster is bad, that's why i encourage making a deal / deals now.

tbh, what big free agent(s) are the spurs going to attract?

i understand the state the spurs are in but like i said before, wemby isn't going to wait around like robinson.

wemby is a big deal, the money / opportunity elsewhere would be what, 5x? 10x?

take risks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i would waste no time if i were wemby.

spurs' culture is overrated these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Future not looking so bright these days tho, even with Wemby
    I truly don't understand this gloomy perspective. The future looks great. Why was literally everyone on board with tanking for a second season before pre-season started, and now that it's happening to a great and successful extent, everyone's hitting the panick button? I don't care at all what the Spurs' record will be this season, and that was always the point of the thread.... the future.

All I'm seeing is a generational, True Alpha, future superstar, and very mature prospect on the Spurs. He's given every indication of being OK with the grind and working for the future. He's walked the walk with incredible performances despite losses. And the Spurs nabbed him on the first try, when it often takes tanking teams years before they can get that true #1, if ever. So -- what's not to like, TBH? Literally everyone on this roster is replaceable as long as Wemby's here. I'm cool with waiting a bit for ring #6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say our future is one in the same now vs after having two more top twn picks on our roster.
    I'm sorry to say this perspective makes no sense, man. Yes, the "future" is inevitably altered with the addition of top picks....... Just as it is inevitably altered by signing a bench player, any random player - who by virtue of existing on the team, will alter their demeanor, composition, practices. You can just as rightfully claim the future is "not the same" if Wemby breaks a toe tomorrow morning, as there is another possible future where he doesn't. So what good is this perspective? Useless.

There's either an infinite number of futures, or simply one. No other options. I'm going with the latter option for this discussion, myself, but feel free to entertain the former.

And because there's no guarantee that will happen, and which players will be available if it does happen, you can't at all say anything remotely similar related to the thread topic before and after that potentially happens.

There's nothing static about this thread. And I've been on it from the beginning. It's clearly dynamic after each draft.
    I'm OK with this angle, but you must admit for this, that this entire thread is pointless then. If I can't take a look at the structure of the team, its assets, the medium and long-term outlook of our conference and the league, and make an informed guess that the future is bright..... What is there to talk about, at all? The Spurs' plane might crash next week and everyone dies. That is also a future. I'm working with the facts and reality here, not random inferences like "no guarantee we get good players" sort of mental exercises.

And again, you look at the league, you look at Wemby... The Spurs are sitting pretty right now, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright that's fair. I do me more in general on this sub how people not even a quarter of the way into the season are acting like things are substantially worse than in preseason when I think if anything we should all be higher on Wemby right now. It would be nice if a few players on this team were looking like core pieces moving forward but honestly at this point Wemby is all that matters.
    Great perspective here Manny, totally agree. Wild to see the doom and gloom when this season has been going great.

If you had told ST, before the season; "Wemby will prove to be the real deal before pre-season is even over, and follow it up with generational talent showcases, while the Spurs fully board the tank train in search of Wemby's #2, not going for a half-assed tank but instead picking a lane from the jump and committing to their strategy", I think everyone would've been happy.

But the grass just has to be greener on the other side, always.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    close game vs the pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly don't understand this gloomy perspective. The future looks great. Why was literally everyone on board with tanking for a second season before pre-season started, and now that it's happening to a great and successful extent, everyone's hitting the panick button? I don't care at all what the Spurs' record will be this season, and that was always the point of the thread.... the future.

All I'm seeing is a generational, True Alpha, future superstar, and very mature prospect on the Spurs. He's given every indication of being OK with the grind and working for the future. He's walked the walk with incredible performances despite losses. And the Spurs nabbed him on the first try, when it often takes tanking teams years before they can get that true #1, if ever. So -- what's not to like, TBH? Literally everyone on this roster is replaceable as long as Wemby's here. I'm cool with waiting a bit for ring #6.
    the board should be happier than ever, to be honest. It’s a lot easier to find a Robin in the draft, than a Batman. We’ve got the Batman and now we just need the pieces to go around him. Two top ten picks in our hands will do wonders. Just need to go and get Chip back to teach these guys how to shoot threes and we’ll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the board should be happier than ever, to be honest. It’s a lot easier to find a Robin in the draft, than a Batman. We’ve got the Batman and now we just need the pieces to go around him. Two top ten picks in our hands will do wonders. Just need to go and get Chip back to teach these guys how to shoot threes and we’ll be fine.
    I agree with this post. Imagine drafting a guy like Booker or even Mitc as your robin on the team. That would ensure that we are contenders for a long time. If Dallas could pair Luka with an actual robin and not Kyrie, they would be super dangerous. I'm ok with the losing but only if we actually hit on the pick

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    why not ask for a trade sooner rather than later? he wants to stay and be coached by someone everyone here wants fired?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    just look how it went with kawhi. no one in the media ever / will ever bring up how ... that situation went with the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go back to be the point I beat a dead horse about all the time. Spurs defense.

It's an abomination.

It's worse year over year if you remove Wemby's minutes.

So while I agree Wemby is the real deal, you can't be obtuse and not see the problems surrounding him. Poor defense can only be improved so much by coaching and effort. Beyond that BBIQ comes into play and it's increasingly looking like we don't have a team that will ever be consistently good on that end.

Not to mention our offense increasingly looks to rely on 3 pt chunkers and our squad is simply not set up for that.

So we've got Wemby. On that we agree. What next in your mind? Player development? For how long? At what point do you realize you have a stinker roster that needs to be overhauled? Year 3 of Wemby? How long to grow the newly drafted players and free agents you seem to know will mesh right in and fix all our problems. Ultimately, you risk losing Wemby if some serious issues aren't addressed.

Call that emotional but I call it realistic and rational.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    is anybody in the draft worth this standing ??

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wanted to tank since it was apparent (to me) that kawhi wouldn't come back during the season.

and the season i'm least for tanking is when we have wemby and y'all were fine with being in the gutter

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    why not ask for a trade sooner rather than later? he wants to stay and be coached by someone everyone here wants fired?
    me months ago.

if wemby was in NY, LA, CHI he would be legend already. and those markets would have pressure on their coaches.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing is necessary for the future winning, there’s no way around this people. Culture is NEVER overrated, it’s what sustains the foundation of the team. Individuals need not apply…..we are building a team. We are sitting pretty but it takes time and patience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing is necessary for the future winning, there’s no way around this people. Culture is NEVER overrated, it’s what sustains the foundation of the team. Individuals need not apply…..we are building a team. We are sitting pretty but it takes time and patience.
    It’s almost April and you still don’t get it…

you and other sniffers keep repeating the same bs ad nauseam when nobody contests that point.

It’s about the (chosen) personnel to develop and be patient about. You can wait a decade Sochan won’t become a high BBIQ or a shooter, Devin won’t become a playmaker and Tre won’t grow or learn to pass.

The parallel with religious fundamentalists is real with u sniffers…

Thread Information