Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    guess what, the spurs have the second worst record in the league at the moment. worst in their division, and ja morant hasn't even been back yet.

with that being said:
    • the spurs have one of the greatest prospects ever
    • the current roster is mostly trash
    • wemby isn't going to wait around almost a decade like david robinson did

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    keep wemby & keldon, trade for buddy hield + myles turner.

accelerate the winning process now, before a devastating wemby injury. push the chips in and let's go.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    B-b-but the Rockettes core!! Jalen Smith!!! Dallas with Kyrie!!! Zion!!!!!
    Got an update?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy the off-season and let’s see how crazy this blows up in some posters faces

Dude is always wrong. No wonder he and Sug-ass clutch so hard to their Zach Collins takes in the Collins threads. Without that, those two would be would be a combined 0-7130 with their takes.

I mean, I've had plenty myself, but it's ing uncanny with those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait to revisit this thread after two top ten picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can’t be done. We don’t have enough that Indy would want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude is always wrong. No wonder he and Sug-ass clutch so hard to their Zach Collins takes in the Collins threads. Without that, those two would be would be a combined 0-7130 with their takes.

We've all had some bad ones but in this case you should be reminded you're talking to the guy in ATL that ran more cover for the streaker on this board than any other. I consider those to be pretty ty takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this thread if for no other reason it pisses off so many people, namely sugus and estatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait to revisit this thread after two top ten picks.
    You realize that would be after the current status/roster and would therefore represent a new future? Thus nothing said to date would qualify if the roster changes significantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Rockettes looking mighty nice eh. Might even get to the POs before they learn who Jalen Green actually is... Or they'll learn it during the playoffs, anyhow

E: MAN, thanks for bumping this thread! I missed many replies to my posts while I was inactive! Sheesh y'all were killing me huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think this is some kinda gotcha or what? I literally said in the next paragraph that could all change with a top two pick. Nothing I said at the time of that post was incorrect. Kudos to you for spending your Saturday morning on this though
    Sorry for necro'ing but I couldn't just leave you hanging, could I? It was a lovely Saturday morning, indeed

Seriously, aside from Wemby we don't have any blue chips or star players. Try again buddy. If our luck is a little worse and we're in Detroit spot I guarantee you aren't bumping this thread it's ing lame that you think you're vindicated when the discussions at that time in the thread were about the spurs AT THAT TIME. yeah you can talk all the you want now that we got Wemby, but if we didnt win the lotto you wouldnt be back here puffing your chest out. and considering its 100% luck based idk why you're acting like it was always guaranteed or some . because yeah, on 10/22/2022, before the spurs won the #1 pick, it was not debatable that the spurs had no blue chips or stars. them winning wemby sweepstakes doesnt somehow make that post not true when it was made
    Uh, you mean the thread that was way-too-early declaring Spurs future to be bleak, and on which I've been consistently making the same point (that nothing is written yet and the Spurs' luck could change in a minute)? I would've bumped it anyways like I do now, I just love it

Literally not true as stated by OP but go off (or went off, it's been a while).

yeah I'll talk that we got Wemby -- dude! WE GOT WEMBY!!!! I still can't believe it and will keep on talking (deserved) to everyone who doubted and killed the Spurs before the cards were drawn. If you don't believe you're in that group, we have no beef, carry on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus pretending like he somehow knew beforehand spurs were getting the #1 pick rofl what a clown. Spurs end up at 4 with Amen Thompson and bro aint bumping in here lmao
    Bull , you know me - I'd be bumping the thread and sniffing copium on Amen Thompson to and back

But on the real, you (not really) for completely missing my point and the points of the bumps. OP put a coffin on the Spurs' future when he made the posts, and I've been arguing against it ever since (you can go and check, and quote me when I literally said that "the Spurs future would change entirely if they landed Wemby" almost word-for-word, which guess what! it happened!).

So yeah, the insane luck, coupled with the objectively funny fact that pussy ass OP vanished from here and apparently had to wait for the Spurs to be bad again before logging into his account , was too good to pass up. And it ain't the last time I'm bumping this thread, that I'll tell you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It's like having an irresponsible broke ass friend talking about financial planning to his other friends who are just out of college because he purchased a lucky lotto ticket

Whatever though, we got Wemby and that's all that matters so i'll eat any amount of crow for that. Sugus can take his W
    Damn man, what a mischaracterization, I didn't think we were on bad terms! And hey, if you got a friend who hits the lotto, you let him talk a little ... Or you're not a friend at all, TBH. But alas.

And yeah, WE GOT WEMBY, thanks for the W my guy, but the true W is for all true Spurs fans to enjoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The year is 2029 and the Spurs are headed to their 10th straight lottery pick. This board is beaming with excitement as we look well positioned to add that final piece to add next to Wemby, Flagg and Boozer. OP bumps this thread to laugh at everyone again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right

i'm ecstatic the spurs landed wemby.
    You sure weren't ecstatic when you abandoned the forum in shame for months on end after the draft

having to wait for the Spurs to stumble to log in again and necro his own thread

It's pathetic, man, just take the L and move it on. Your judgment was premature and we both know it, and I'll happily bump this thread until Wemby brings his rings to San Antonio (and beyond!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess what, the spurs have the second worst record in the league at the moment. worst in their division, and ja morant hasn't even been back yet.
    I guess quoting your "I was talking about the future, future" post here is too on-the-nose, huh?

with that being said:
    • the spurs have one of the greatest prospects ever
    • the current roster is mostly trash
    • wemby isn't going to wait around almost a decade like david robinson did
    Wait, so you're saying the Spurs don't have the definitive worst future in their division? Interesting tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this thread if for no other reason it pisses off so many people, namely sugus and estatic.
    You really have no handle in my posting if you think I'm remotely pissed off by this thread I literally love it and love bumping it. It's one of the few hills I've fully decided to die on - so everyone beware, I'll keep at this, you can put me on Ignore or never open this thread or whatever. I have beef with OP that goes beyond any of you

You realize that would be after the current status/roster and would therefore represent a new future? Thus nothing said to date would qualify if the roster changes significantly.
    A "new future"? What the are you talking about son? there's only one future, the future, unless we're talking quantum physics and . That has always been, and always will be, the point of this thread, and you can read it from page 1 if you don't believe me....

Saying that changes to the roster mean a "new future" is amazingly missing the point of the thread tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

accelerate the winning process now, before a devastating wemby injury. push the chips in and let's go.
    No, this would be short sighted and would gut the team's future for 2 'meh' players.

If the Spurs were two high - level role players away from le contention, then sure trade for a Hield + Turner package. The issue is they aren't even close to there yet, and fans that would them to be bottom dwellers for years & years need to be patient (and hope they don't things up).
    Last edited by J_Paco; 11-27-2023 at 02:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, this would be short sighted and would gut the team's future for to 'meh' players.

If the Spurs were two high - level role players away from le contention, then sure trade for a Hield + Turner package. The issue is they aren't even close to there yet, and fans that would them to be bottom dwellers for years & years need to be patient (and hope they don't things up).
    Yep, exactly. Spurs are still in "asset amassing" stage and nowhere near "win-now trades" mode. You can't build for the future by burning the present to get there faster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, exactly. Spurs are still in "asset amassing" stage and nowhere near "win-now trades" mode. You can't build for the future by burning the present to get there faster.
    Yeah, New Orleans did that (for better players) too soon, before figuring what Zion needs around him, & are just a middling team now.

Spurs need to acquire a second star (PG or Wing) and add some quality veterans through free-agency, then trade some moveable players (Johnson, Collins, and/or maybe Sochan) for a 'win-now' veteran star or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, New Orleans did that (for better players) too soon, before figuring what Zion needs around him, & are just a middling team now.

Spurs need to acquire a second star (PG or Wing) and add some quality veterans through free-agency, then trade some moveable players (Johnson, Collins, and/or maybe Sochan) for a 'win-now' veteran star or two.
    I'm in agreement and while somewhat disappointed in the record I think it's way too early to panic.
    The Spurs are the youngest team in the league and strength of schedule is 3rd. You're second best player has missed significant minutes and your best player is a year and months away form legally ordering a drink in the US.
    Also Pop is notorious for not pushing things early in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, what a mischaracterization, I didn't think we were on bad terms! And hey, if you got a friend who hits the lotto, you let him talk a little ... Or you're not a friend at all, TBH. But alas.

And yeah, WE GOT WEMBY, thanks for the W my guy, but the true W is for all true Spurs fans to enjoy

Future not looking so bright these days tho, even with Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have no handle in my posting if you think I'm remotely pissed off by this thread I literally love it and love bumping it. It's one of the few hills I've fully decided to die on - so everyone beware, I'll keep at this, you can put me on Ignore or never open this thread or whatever. I have beef with OP that goes beyond any of you

A "new future"? What the are you talking about son? there's only one future, the future, unless we're talking quantum physics and . That has always been, and always will be, the point of this thread, and you can read it from page 1 if you don't believe me....

Saying that changes to the roster mean a "new future" is amazingly missing the point of the thread tbqh
    You can't say our future is one in the same now vs after having two more top twn picks on our roster.

And because there's no guarantee that will happen, and which players will be available if it does happen, you can't at all say anything remotely similar related to the thread topic before and after that potentially happens.

There's nothing static about this thread. And I've been on it from the beginning. It's clearly dynamic after each draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy what good coaching can do to a team. Ime is doing what we thought Pop could do and that’s teach how to play basketball. Ofc Ime knew the importance of a good veteran PG who can tell all the youngsters who don’t know where to be and how to act. Then he got Dillon Brooks to teach players to have heart and the mindset of a defender. It’s things like this that Jalen Green was missing. It could be very beneficial to his future. Dude has a lot of tools (nobody here watches him bc why would you) but if he ever learns how to play I saw all star potential in him.

That being said I’m still not sold on the Spurs as an organization. We have a good GM so that’s nice. But our ownership is bottom half, along with our assistant coaches, head coach, and 75% of the roster. Wemby can only overcome so much and tbh he shouldn’t have to. It’s like DRob all over again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Atl Spur is your typical optimist, only thing is he rolls with it and doubles down even more with homer ass takes. Lol bumping that Zollins thread only for Zollins to look average just like he’s always been.

Thread Information