Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumb Olympic format is one reason why the NBA is thinking about (and should follow through with) starting their own international tournament. When you have a format that screams for tactical tanking, something is wrong.
    Well, it's a very marginal reason. The NBA wants to have its own international tournament for two reasons: money and players health. tactical tanking come light years behind these reasons.

Basketball deserves to have a better top international compe ion than these current olympic tournament. The olympic tournament has a lot of weaknesses:
    - 12 teams isn't enough.
    - With only one arena available, some teams have to play games at 9 am.
    - Referees are bad.
    - tactical tanking

I'm not sure if taking basketball away from the Olympics is the way to go. FIBA should try to convince the IOC to have an Olympic tournament with 16 teams, 2 arenas and a new format. More money should be spend on referees formation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm aware. You're missing the point though. I don't care what type of rules it is; it's still basketball. Brazil wasn't going to win by going away from their advantage and playing into Argentina's hands.
    I get what you're saying, it's just that it's harder to dominate inside with so little room. Duncan was a prime example of that.

Congrats Argentinian fans ! Elnono, DAF ... well deserved semi after a tough game. Wish you the best guys !
    Thanks, though I had to give up my ARG citizenship when I became American... while on basketball that was an upgrade, switching from Messi to Landon Donovan was a major downgrade, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the schedule for the Worlds championship pretty much the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, though I had to give up my ARG citizenship when I became American... while on basketball that was an upgrade, switching from Messi to Landon Donovan was a major downgrade, tbh
    you had to give up your nationality ? I didn't know to have US citizenship you needed to give up nationality. That's pretty sad tbh. Not sure I would be able to do that !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, Brazil in the quarters was in Indianapolis.
    No. That was Team USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. That was Team USA.
    Nope, USA lost to Serbia in the quarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you had to give up your nationality ? I didn't know to have US citizenship you needed to give up nationality. That's pretty sad tbh. Not sure I would be able to do that !
    ¿Desde cuando hay que dejar la ciudadania de tu pais para naturalizarte como ciudadano de otro pais?. Si es asi, no vale la pena
    The Oath goes:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Cons ution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;................."

By taking the oath and becoming an US citizen, I renounced my Argentina and Italian dual-citizenship.

Some countries like Italy allow you to apply for dual citizenship after taking the oath (if you were previously an Italian citizen), so I could do that. Argentina, I think, always treats you as a citizen if you were born in the country, regardless of what you do. But if you identify yourself as an Argentinean national, then the US might be limited to help you in case of trouble.

It's all very complicated, but I'm happy to be a US citizen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono, that explains a lot. I was wondering about your Argentinean jersey and all. Didn't know you were actually from there. I root for Argentina because I believe in their team spirit and obvious camaraderie. That, and of course, Manu is a balling mo$##$&&er and a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The jersey is more Manu bait than anything else, tbh...

I don't forget where I come from, but after 13+ years, the US is my home now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Oath goes:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Cons ution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;................."

By taking the oath and becoming an US citizen, I renounced my Argentina and Italian dual-citizenship.

Some countries like Italy allow you to apply for dual citizenship after taking the oath (if you were previously an Italian citizen), so I could do that. Argentina, I think, always treats you as a citizen if you were born in the country, regardless of what you do. But if you identify yourself as an Argentinean national, then the US might be limited to help you in case of trouble.

It's all very complicated, but I'm happy to be a US citizen
    fortunately you don't need a visa to visit your country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fortunately you don't need a visa to visit your country
    right

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Ncini

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumb Olympic format is one reason why the NBA is thinking about (and should follow through with) starting their own international tournament. When you have a format that screams for tactical tanking, something is wrong.
    Sure

That's why we had 3 or 4 threads here about tanking to avoid Lakers this year and last year........ and Memphis wasn't tanking game to play us....You can't do it with the NBA format....

The format isn't the real problem. The problem is when a team is much better than the rest.

Thread Information