Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this is pointless... we've got Bonner!!!
    It's also pointless when the FO shows no indication of getting rid of Matt.

I'd rather be hung by my balls then see another season of relying on Matt to produce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd rather be hung by my balls then see another season of relying on Matt to produce.
    That's gonna hurt...

Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's gonna hurt...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the Spurs aren't front runners for Darko doesn't mean they didn't talk to him or try to get him. It's possible that the Spurs aren't front runners because they didn't try to acquire Darko. It's also possible that they inquired and were told that Darko wasn't interested.

Assuming they didn't even try seems to be a rampant default in these forums recently. Not trying and not succeeding are two very different things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the Spurs aren't front runners for Darko doesn't mean they didn't talk to him or try to get him. It's possible that the Spurs aren't front runners because they didn't try to acquire Darko. It's also possible that they inquired and were told that Darko wasn't interested.

Assuming they didn't even try seems to be a rampant default in these forums recently. Not trying and not succeeding are two very different things.
    Too bad the offending parties can't understand the distinctions you described.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how picky the Spurs are about picking up bigs yet continue to tolerate Bonner/Blair. Meanwhile other teams have no problems picking up serviceable bigs. Diaw is the only quality big pick up since '07. Dice was too old.
    Can't say I disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See what I mean.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Cutting Bonner accomplishes nothing. They can't replace the salary, having only minimum exceptions to offer, which is exactly where we are with Bonner on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs' secrecy when it comes to player movement certainly feeds the beast...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a PF, not a center. Milicic would be Spurs third center and he is overqualified for that kind of role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Buddy Holly;6026077]Pipe dream? Darko is a pipe dream? Is he even a dream?

More like a nightmare

That's gonna hurt...
    I got some rope and good solid oak tree if you need them.

Spurs need a PF, not a center. Milicic would be Spurs third center and he is overqualified for that kind of role.
    Darko worked good with ZRan, why cant he work with Timmy, Boris and Tiago. Not saying I would really want Darko but he is still young, 27 for entire 2012-13, and has 8 years experience. Timmy is standing away from the basket more. Darko could be the rebounder that is missing. I think we can work him in if it becomes the only alternative available.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Darko talk to the Slovenians? Beno and Rasho might not have nice things to say about Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. I'm shocked that the Free Tiago crowd doesn't also agree with this. Regardless, I tend to think that the Spurs didn't approach Darko for this reason and that they're looking to find power forward types through whatever means might be available. And I also tend to think that before making decisions on guys who aren't likely to be swept off the market in the next week or so, they're patiently waiting to see what happens with the amnesty market to see if they can manage to grab a higher quality player at a value first.

Acting slowly doesn't necessarily mean that nothing will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Darko talk to the Slovenians? Beno and Rasho might not have nice things to say about Pop.
    Rasho has lots of great things to say about Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I would like the Spurs to add as much talent as they can. It would open the possibility for an blockbuster mid-season trade.
    Last edited by dunkman; 07-14-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be the Spurs only true center. Splitter and TD are really PF/C.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be the Spurs only true center. Splitter and TD are really PF/C.
    this.

With scola gone, now I really want Spurs to push to sign Darko.

What can Spurs offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information