Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [“It definitely made me stronger, but it definitely kept my head down. It happened the last two years. I really don’t know what’s going on. It messes my head up. It’s tough. Boris came and was a better fit. At the same time, I stayed positive and had a great at ude and kept going and had a lot of class. I grew up a lot.”

Blair turned 23 as the post-lockout season concluded in late April. What has happened since requires maturity.

“The Spurs are excellent,” he said. “They used me to get everybody going and just get to the playoffs. That’s what it’s seemed like the last two seasons. But it’s a business, and everybody has their role, and I played mine, obviously, in the season. That’s proved right now.

“We were No. 1 the last two seasons when I was starting, and then lost in the playoffs when I wasn’t. That’s just, well, I don’t know, common sense.
    ... really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprises there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We were No. 1 the last two seasons when I was starting, and then lost in the playoffs when I wasn’t. That’s just, well, I don’t know, common sense.
    We lost in the 1st round with Blair starting, and made it to the WCF with Blair out of the lineup. We "lost" (no championship) both years. I don't understand the point he was trying to make with that line.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair thinks he's a difference maker.

If he's not trade by the start of the season then there isn't even close to a reasonable deal on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That was just great...

In a delusional kind of way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost in the 1st round with Blair starting, and made it to the WCF with Blair out of the lineup. We "lost" (no championship) both years. I don't understand the point he was trying to make with that line.

This is just what he tells himself rather than recognize that he has been a regular season minutes eater who was a starter in name only.

Btw, Blair has never started a playoff game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy started the majority of the last two seasons, and then was benched going into the playoffs.

His frustration is easily understandable. He needs a fresh start tbh. Hopefully an EC team.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should go over well.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I wish he would have trimmed down earlier. It may have made a difference.

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to start most the season and then be benched in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

If he's traded I wish him well. The Spurs need something else now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Blair's comments are pretty dumb, but it could have possibly just been taken out of context. Possibly.

I can't hate Blair even though I've been one of his haters the last two years simply because he stayed ready in the playoffs and played decent against OKC.

He does need a fresh start somewhere. It's been said numerous times, but he would do well on a team that has no shot to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more than likely gone after this, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy started the majority of the last two seasons, and then was benched going into the playoffs.

His frustration is easily understandable.
    Agreed. His record while starting in the regular season is outrageously good. It's understandable that he'd want to continue starting in the playoffs. Yes, he gained weight. Yes, he doesn't really fit. Yes, he's not physically capable of being a good defender. But he has a right to wonder what would happen if the Spurs kept starting him. Any type of compe or would think the same thoughts.

I don't really have a problem with anything Blair said. He admitted Diaw was a better fit. He didn't have anything too bad to say about anyone and doesn't come across as overly bitter.

If the Spurs can't trade him, he'd make a great fifth big. But, yeah, for all parties involved it's probably best to sell him whenever a team is ready to give up decent value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should go over well.
    I'm sure thr FO is pricing tickets to Siberia as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair is a solid player , the problem is that he is not much better then he was when he entered the league, he really has no post game or post defense. We have seen him make a mid time to time but not consistently, he is really one demensional. He really needs to hit the gym and work on his game a bit more. I dont mind what he said, his frustration is reasonable, I see him gone before next season

Off topic though I really wish we would have gotten Mario chalmers instead of him in the draft, we wouldnt have Gary Neal at backup pg right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just what he tells himself rather than recognize that he has been a regular season minutes eater who was a starter in name only.
    Sounds like he recognizes what's going on:

"They used me to get everybody going and just get to the playoffs. That’s what it’s seemed like the last two seasons. But it’s a business, and everybody has their role, and I played mine, obviously, in the season."

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Blair traded, as I think the Spurs would have a of a time finding someone better in trade at his salary. Best to keep him on the team another year. It sucks for DeJuan personally, but he's still more valuable to the team than what he can get back in trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Blair traded, as I think the Spurs would have a of a time finding someone better in trade at his salary. Best to keep him on the team another year. It sucks for DeJuan personally, but he's still more valuable to the team than what he can get back in trade.
    This sounds about right....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. His record while starting in the regular season is outrageously good. It's understandable that he'd want to continue starting in the playoffs. Yes, he gained weight. Yes, he doesn't really fit. Yes, he's not physically capable of being a good defender. But he has a right to wonder what would happen if the Spurs kept starting him. Any type of compe or would think the same thoughts.

I don't really have a problem with anything Blair said. He admitted Diaw was a better fit. He didn't have anything too bad to say about anyone and doesn't come across as overly bitter.

If the Spurs can't trade him, he'd make a great fifth big. But, yeah, for all parties involved it's probably best to sell him whenever a team is ready to give up decent value.
    timvp with the goods again!
    but where does "decent value" start?
    is a late 1strounder (in a weak draft) enough? I'm just not sure where to rank him? has he George Hill value or is he just a late bench guy nobody would give up anything of real worth for?

maybe he can be the piece to get other teams biting on Bonner?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvwjeky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on the fence about Blair as far as liking him, character and all..

I hope leaves.

Spurs fan from Hong Kong team-work's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I almost started the same thread when I saw the SAEN article.

It seems Blair has a hard time understanding what may be easily understandable for us i.e. used mainly during the regular season and benched in the POs. From his quotes he seems to have some insight but that cannot completely prevent his ego from being hurt. Hope the Spurs FO can find somewhere for him to prove himself, and above all, the young guy can turn his frustration to motivation.

Agreed that Blair's growing maturity kept him from turning his frustration into personal attack and ruining the team chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejuan is only speaking the truth.

only natural to wonder what the problem is. obviously he hasn't been told directly by pop or whoever. it's not like we won the championship and he's complaining about not getting playing time. we ing lost. and the guys playing in his spot didnt do .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair doubts he will be with Spurs next season.

And Bonner never doubts that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he pretty much rip apart the Thunder most of the times we played them?

And then he never played against them in the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejuan is only speaking the truth.

only natural to wonder what the problem is. obviously he hasn't been told directly by pop or whoever. it's not like we won the championship and he's complaining about not getting playing time. we ing lost. and the guys playing in his spot didnt do .
    actually I think he did well in those minutes.
    its all understandable and I don't see real bad feelings. he should be unhappy with the situation (even if pop explained him everything).
    if we can use him going forward everything will be perfect...if not (probably) I wish him all the luck with another team and hope we can get something like a firstrounder for him.

Thread Information