Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    My understanding may be off but I thought as long as u had not used your amnesty you could amnesty a player that you acquired via trade as long as they were on a pre lock out contract

If I'm wrong it's still a great trade due to the expiring contract or as mentioned above the ability to buy him out.

Interested to see what the hornets do with cap space
    Nope. They have to be a pre-lockout contract signed by YOUR team. Once a player is traded, they cannot be amnestied.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs should consider Amere S. Knicks trying to dump him, Bad long term but short term would give us a shot next year.
    Spurs will never take on a contract they can't get medical insurance on. A'm'a'r'e is red flagged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should consider Amere S. Knicks trying to dump him, Bad long term but short term would give us a shot next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you do it to sign an oft-injured Eric Gordon to a max contract and go out and overpay Chris Kaman to stay. Its not brilliant until you know what they do with the savings

Savings is savings....and how would you know how EG's career is going to end up or that the Hornets are going to overpay Kaman?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they buy out Lewis(very likely), they should be around $26M in committed salaries.
    Thanks. I think the floor is now 90% of the cap, or around $45M. If that $26M is spread out amongst 8-9 players, they'll have to add a good bit more. They might do something like the Warriors did and sign Kwame Brown (or someone else) to a 1-year/$7M contract to preserve the 2013 cap space. Since Bonner can be waived next summer and only have to be paid $1M, I could see the Hornets absorbing his salary if the Spurs make it worth their while. I just wonder what it would take, and if it would be too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floor on cap is 90% of 58 Mill or 52 Mill. The Hornets have about 29 (16 mil plus Lewis buyout of 13). Gordon is going to cost them as someone will make an offer. I guess about 7 Mil for Gordon. The #1 and #10 picks will cost 6.2 M total. If they keep the 2nd round pick on the team, it will cost about .5 M. That makes a total of 10 players on contract at a total of 42+ or -. They need a minimum of 4 more players and 10 mil to meet the NBA requirements on cap and roster. This tells me that the salary cap is going to come into play after next season and not this year. Demps is going to work like RC and Pop to have a great team and not destroy the salary cap.

We should offer Bonner for the 46th pick. Maybe Kyle O'Quinn will still be avaiable for us to draft and maybe Bernard James at the 59. Couldn't hurt to make offer.

One other thing the Hornets can do. Offer Jack and #10 pick and 2013 protected 1st round for Deron Williams on a sign and trade.

Last edited by maverick1948; 06-21-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional remark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

The Houston Rockets are shopping Samuel Dalembert, according to sources. He may be packaged with one of Houston's first-round picks.

Sam Amick

As @alexkennedynba noted, Houston is indeed shopping C Samuel Dalembert to attach w/ one of its picks (14 & 16) & move up. He has $1.5 mil buyout for next season.
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-21-2012 at 01:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you do it to sign an oft-injured Eric Gordon to a max contract and go out and overpay Chris Kaman to stay. Its not brilliant until you know what they do with the savings

The trade was brilliant, future moves obviously non-withstanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Top 10 pick in NBA Draft

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ng-up-in-draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty move by the hornets.
    F**** Rashard uugly ass lewis with his 20mil contracts amnesty sucks,nba sucks,lebron sucks,New orleans sucks, anyway who cares ?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    » Update: 10:01 AM

Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports. Twitter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    » Update: 10:01 AM

Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports. Twitter
    Wow - like Chase but in deep draft surprise that is all it took to get the 18th pick - guess it boils down to taken a proven commodity vs the unknown, and not like Minnesota's scouts/GM should have much confidence in their ability to draft the right guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - like Chase but in deep draft surprise that is all it took to get the 18th pick - guess it boils down to taken a proven commodity vs the unknown, and not like Minnesota's scouts/GM should have much confidence in their ability to draft the right guy
    Wolves didn't need another rookie on their roster, they need someone with experience (though Budinger doesn't have a whole lot of it). And Houston is trying to load up picks to offer Orlando for Dwight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chase is worth the 18th pick you have to think Tiago is at least in that ballpark value wise depending on team need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chase is worth the 18th pick you have to think Tiago is at least in that ballpark value wise depending on team need.
    I was thinking the same thing - I initially scoffed at Tiago getting us a back end lottery pick but may not be that far fetched

Through R Bleeding We R 1 afireinside20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we could get Adam Morrison on our squad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budinger for 18? Hopefully we have ambitions for a higher pick or could have given them better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking the same thing - I initially scoffed at Tiago getting us a back end lottery pick but may not be that far fetched
    Not to mention Blair might get you to the mid to late 20's. Nicholson or Wroten territory...

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    The Kings need to shake things up. I can see them accepting.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._5th_Selection

The Rockets have offered Kyle Lowry along with the No. 14 and No. 16 picks to the Kings in exchange for Tyreke Evans and the No. 5 pick.

Sacramento is currently deciding whether to accept the offer.

Via Jonathan Givony/DraftExpress (via Twitter)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budinger for 18? Hopefully we have ambitions for a higher pick or could have given them better
    David Khan at his finest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we could get Adam Morrison on our squad?
    Your kidding right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budinger for 18 helps us figure how much the Spurs players are worth. Splitter has to have more value than Budinger, so he's probably worth somewhere in the 12-14 range. Budinger is more valuable than Blair and Neal so those two are probably second rounders with an outside shot at a very late first rounder if another team is enamored.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budinger for 18 helps us figure how much the Spurs players are worth. Splitter has to have more value than Budinger, so he's probably worth somewhere in the 12-14 range. Budinger is more valuable than Blair and Neal so those two are probably second rounders with an outside shot at a very late first rounder if another team is enamored.
    One thing I wonder is if you have to put an asterisk on this because it was David Kahn - I guess in the end it only takes one GM to feel a player is worth a certain spots - but certainly doesn't hurt to be able to tell another team hey this guy got the 18th pick and my guy is a little better and big man are harder to find

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    as soon as i saw budinger for 18 it had me thinking splitter could go for 12.

Thread Information