Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered many time. I just want to confirm that James Anderson is a free agent next season. I remembered seeing that Spurs declined his option, but he is not on ESPN's free agent in the coming year. Can anybody please help me understand what the situation is?

I know many of you don't like him or have given up on him, but with him being only 23 and was once a potent offensive player in college, I am hoping that Spurs will give him one more chance to prove himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was given a chance and he blew it so Danny Green took his spot and took advantage of the opportunity.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He's an unrestricted FA. It's considered pretty common knowledge that he will not be back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks man. This is sad, I had so much faith in this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess his time in SA is done. He's shown so much promise, but so much more mediocrity. I seriously hope he gets back on track somewhere else and makes us all bit our tongues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    callin out he wants minutes....lol yeh good luck with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James ed up earlier in the season by letting it be known he's looking to be traded. him. D league material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broski,
    check out, salaries at http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson was as good as gone when the spurs declined to pick up his option for next season.

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you live under a rock? Jesus Christ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Anderson was as good as gone when the spurs declined to pick up his option for next season.
    This. He was a good kid who got caught in a numbers game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up on one of Pop's protege's rosters, Monty in NO, Avery in NJ, Brown in LA. He did ask for a trade ( I would have too, if my option was not picked up), but didn't demand one or act out. I'm sure Pop will give him a recommendation to whoever asks about him.

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw the little er here in the mall with his wife

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green's emergence basically made him expendable - aside from his inconsistent play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Danny Green until I found out that he could not dribble. How the can you make it to the NBA and not know how to dribble the freakin ball without turning it over?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may have a shot if Danny Green leaves in free agency. Is there a Spur player that has had his shot blocked more times than Anderson? That seems to be a big problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Danny Green until I found out that he could not dribble. How the can you make it to the NBA and not know how to dribble the freakin ball without turning it over?
    See Neal, Gary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Dr J...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Danny Green leaves the Spurs then maybe they'll keep James Anderson and he'll get enough consistent minutes to establish his game like Green did this year..

I for one have lost all faith in Danny Green and no matter what he did in the regular season he pulled a Matt Bonner when we needed him. We might as well have played James Anderson. We would have gotten the same results anyways or better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See Neal, Gary
    No joke. Every time I see Gary Neal playing like he's a PG, I want to shoot myself in the face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Danny Green leaves the Spurs then maybe they'll keep James Anderson and he'll get enough consistent minutes to establish his game like Green did this year..

I for one have lost all faith in Danny Green and no matter what he did in the regular season he pulled a Matt Bonner when we needed him. We might as well have played James Anderson. We would have gotten the same results anyways or better

Gee, didn't Anderson already get plenty of chances to establish himself....? (Rhetorical question, don't answer) Green didn't get jack for chances (in comparison) yet made the most of the few he did get.

Green is a solid building block for the future and I wouldn't give up on him over one poor shooting seres, especially after 2 very productive ones. Blame Pop if anything for not tapping into all his ac ulated "depth" sooner.

If you are going to put rookies / extremely inexperienced players like Green in high pressure situations sooner or later they will crack and you have to recognize when their confidence is blown. It was clear even after the 1st game of the thunder series that Green was in over his head. At most you give him another game to rebound and if he still looks intimidated you have to make a change especially before heading into hostile territory (in this case, OKC). In typical arrogant head-in-the-sand fashion, Pop stubbornly refused to do anything until it was too late. The truly mind-boggling aspect of the whole thing is Pop had veterans playing under Green who could have stepped up (Jackson) that most coaches would only dream of having on their bench. So not only did Pop waste all the talent and depth he had sitting on the bench, but he probably furthur damaged Green's psyche. A true double whammy.

And comparing Green to Bonner who has yet to have a productive playoff series in his career is laughable at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gee, didn't Anderson already get plenty of chances to establish himself....? (Rhetorical question, don't answer) Green didn't get jack for chances (in comparison) yet made the most of the few he did get.

Green is a solid building block for the future and I wouldn't give up on him over one poor shooting seres, especially after 2 very productive ones. Blame Pop if anything for not tapping into all his ac ulated "depth" sooner.

If you are going to put rookies / extremely inexperienced players like Green in high pressure situations sooner or later they will crack and you have to recognize when their confidence is blown. It was clear even after the 1st game of the thunder series that Green was in over his head. At most you give him another game to rebound and if he still looks intimidated you have to make a change especially before heading into hostile territory (in this case, OKC). In typical arrogant head-in-the-sand fashion, Pop stubbornly refused to do anything until it was too late. The truly mind-boggling aspect of the whole thing is Pop had veterans playing under Green who could have stepped up (Jackson) that most coaches would only dream of having on their bench. So not only did Pop waste all the talent and depth he had sitting on the bench, but he probably furthur damaged Green's psyche. A true double whammy.

And comparing Green to Bonner who has yet to have a productive playoff series in his career is laughable at best.
    Danny Green did -all against the Thunder. He choked. When we needed him to contribute a little bit, he gave us nothing, zero, zilch.... Get off his ..
    If you still insist on defending him, go have his children already ...

Unreliable players are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Danny Green, he's a .
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 06-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green did all against the Thunder Get off his ...

If you still insist on defending him, go have his children already ....
    Green did choke against the thunder, and while dissappointing, should not have been unexpected given the guy is barely out of college and had virtually zero playoff experience. Pop should have recognized this early on and gotten Stephen Jackson into the starting lineup and playing 30+ minutes by game 3 at the latest. He does that, and we may very well be sitting here talking about how well the spurs match up with Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So some people are already giving up on Green? Come on people. We were just praising this dude. He had a bad series, but damn...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green did choke against the thunder, and while dissappointing, should not have been unexpected given the guy is barely out of college and had virtually zero playoff experience. Pop should have recognized this early on and gotten Stephen Jackson into the starting lineup and playing 30+ minutes by game 3 at the latest. He does that, and we may very well be sitting here talking about how well the spurs match up with Miami.
    No, because you say the NBA is rigged.

Thread Information