Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Everything > Jim Rome SoCalSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't read the thread, so maybe this was already posted...but I live in Phoenix, and the law doesn't go into effect for 90 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty well sick of that , too. Two of my four grandparents lived on reservations. My grandfather was told that he couldn't go to school, because he was an Indian (Native Americans hadn't been invented yet). With the logic of a child, he decided it was because he didn't have shoes. He found some black crap and painted his feet with it, and damned near died from what they called "blood poisoning". I got news for you - Spanish isn't the native tongue in this country, either. I spent a of a lot of time in Mexico when I was young and bulletproof. I also lived in Israel for a year, and saw that bull up close. If you go looking for first causes, you're on the road to nowhere.

Corruption on both sides of the border is the enemy. Not (most of) the people who come looking for work. And not the citizens of Arizona who have to deal with the broken system every day. I don't know of a single other country on the planet that willingly chooses not to enforce sovereignty over their own borders. No amount of discussion or rationalization can make that practice logical.

Oh, and my grandfather who painted his feet? One of his daughters died from snakebite while picking beans - she was six. He became a blacksmith and farrier, and proudly served this country in the U.S. Cavalry. He got TB while doing it, which he died from. But he had a saying that is part of our family: "Anyone who goes looking for an excuse is going to find one. Don't even bother telling me yours."

Be careful about spouting the reductionist history they teach you in public school.

1) As for the country, "mine", of course.
    Don Winslow, El poder del perro.
    That looks awfully familiar to me.

2) As for the grandfather, he should be proud of your posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like someone would need to produce something like a birth certificate or immigration card.
    Actually, that particular section deals with asking Immigration and Naturalization Service to verify status.

Now, here's the fun part....

Sec. 1373. Communication between government agencies and the
    Immigration and Naturalization Service

(a) In general Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, a Federal, State, or local government en y or official may not prohibit, or in any way restrict, any government en y or official from sending to, or receiving from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service information regarding the citizenship or immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual.

(b) Additional authority of government en ies Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government en y from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual:
    (1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such
    information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
    (2) Maintaining such information.
    (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local
    government en y.

(c) Obligation to respond to inquiries The Immigration and Naturalization Service shall respond to an inquiry by a Federal, State, or local government agency, seeking to verify or ascertain the citizenship or immigration status of any individual within the jurisdiction of the agency for any purpose authorized by law, by providing the requested verification or status information.
    AKA, by federal law, they have always had the right to request immigration status updates via INS.

Thread Information