San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 chips, damn!!!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look at ya's like a bunch a animals.

Kobe is probably rolling over in his urn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Where is the Celtics Mid Season Tournament banner though?

Lakers are a dumpster fire with no end in sight. Celtics will eventually restore the separation they once had in the 90's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles fans claiming Minnesota tles is something I will never understand, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where is the Celtics Mid Season Tournament banner though?

Lakers are a dumpster fire with no end in sight. Celtics will eventually restore the separation they once had in the 90's.
    Impossible to deny. We're defunct and have been for many years, even before/after the (17th).

At least I have the memories. I'm eternally grateful for that. Nobody can take those from me. And they would if they could.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Los Angeles fans claiming Minnesota tles is something I will never understand, tbh.
    See, DAF, even on a night when we lost the tie at 17 a piece you can find happiness, but cannot find contentment. Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, DAF, even on a night when we lost the tie at 17 a piece you can find happiness, but cannot find contentment. Thank you.
    You're welcome, old man.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lakers claiming the Minnesota les is not hard to understand. The Lakers moved the franchise. Same franchise, didn't even change the name "Lakers." At the time, still the same owner.

LA Dodgers claim their Brooklyn World Series le. Same with San Francisco Giants and their five World Series in New York. Warriors have 7 championships, not 5, 2 when they were in Philly.

People who gripe about the Lakers claiming the Minny les do it bc it's the Lakers. And it's silly. It's a better argument to not count championships before the 1976 NBA-ABA merger when there were less than 20 teams and lopsided talent distribution with the league still impacted by territorial drafting. But Lakers haters wouldn't like that either because than Lakers would have the most since Boston would lose 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People claiming les outside the current generation is weak tbh, who gives a if rings were won by retired players

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    People claiming les outside the current generation is weak tbh, who gives a if rings were won by retired players
    People claiming les they didn't personally win, that's weak. Who cares is a cherry picked team you watch won a ring? You didn't.

See how deep this rabbit hole goes when you discount success?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People claiming les they didn't personally win, that's weak. Who cares is a cherry picked team you watch won a ring? You didn't.

See how deep this rabbit hole goes when you discount success?
    But, (you) did. That's how the deal is laid out, Lue. (They) toiled long and hard in the '50's-'60's so we could steadily rise up thru the thousands into the millions, billions, the value intrinsic. If [[[we]]] don't tote up the ciphers on [[[their]]] spite for one another (like professional rasslin') then there is nary meaning to the losses, the victories are then silent thru the night, there is no morning after. If that doesn't occur then any going concern languishes. You watch for languishing, Lue, let Dale know when you see it comin'. Savvy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter if it's 12 or 17. 18 trumps em both

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...5 too.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers claiming the Minnesota les is not hard to understand. The Lakers moved the franchise. Same franchise, didn't even change the name "Lakers." At the time, still the same owner.

LA Dodgers claim their Brooklyn World Series le. Same with San Francisco Giants and their five World Series in New York. Warriors have 7 championships, not 5, 2 when they were in Philly.

People who gripe about the Lakers claiming the Minny les do it bc it's the Lakers. And it's silly. It's a better argument to not count championships before the 1976 NBA-ABA merger when there were less than 20 teams and lopsided talent distribution with the league still impacted by territorial drafting. But Lakers haters wouldn't like that either because than Lakers would have the most since Boston would lose 13.
    No, it's not because they are the Lakers. It is with every franchise. If the Spurs had championships in another city, I would say the same about them. I find relocations, rebrands and all that business part of US sports extremely soulless and cheap as a diehard sports' fan.

If you tried that in any other part of the World, people would literally get killed. And I'm being totally serious.
    Last edited by DAF86; 1 Week Ago at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, it's not because they are the Lakers. It is with every franchise. If the Spurs had championships in another city, I would say the same about them. I find relocations, rebrands and all that business part of US sports extremely soulless and cheap as a diehard sports' fan.

If you tried that in any other part of the World, people would literally get killed. And I'm being totally serious.
    ...5 too.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, just like hillside 1, kirby 0.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

You're making a fugazi argument, particularly placing a globally and likely a Eurocentric spin on a uniquely American phenomenon. The major team sports in America have a long history of moving franchises to different cities, especially during years of expansion. All four team sports, NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. Most of those sports started regionally on the East Coast and in the Midwest. That's why several west coast franchises have roots from the east and Midwest. Buffalo Bison to San Diego and then LAClippers. Rochester Seagrams to Cincinnati Royals to Sacramento Kings. New Orleans Jazz to Utah. Philadelphia Warriors to San Fran then Golden State. And yes, Minneapolis Lakers to LA.

It's a disingenuous criticism because you don't hate on other teams for moving. , did you know that the franchise you root for started in Dallas? It's a uniquely American pro team sports phenomenon. Comparing it to what happens in the rest of the world and how dramatically impacts people getting killed over is both laughable and sad of you to even argue. It's not a culture war like Serbia v Croatia. It's not Greece v Turkey. In America, it's about capitalism. The almighty dollar. That's why teams get moved. For money. We're not killing people over sports teams like crazy soccer fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're making a fugazi argument, particularly placing a globally and likely a Eurocentric spin on a uniquely American phenomenon. The major team sports in America have a long history of moving franchises to different cities, especially during years of expansion. All four team sports, NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. Most of those sports started regionally on the East Coast and in the Midwest. That's why several west coast franchises have roots from the east and Midwest. Buffalo Bison to San Diego and then LAClippers. Rochester Seagrams to Cincinnati Royals to Sacramento Kings. New Orleans Jazz to Utah. Philadelphia Warriors to San Fran then Golden State. And yes, Minneapolis Lakers to LA.

It's a disingenuous criticism because you don't hate on other teams for moving. , did you know that the franchise you root for started in Dallas? It's a uniquely American pro team sports phenomenon. Comparing it to what happens in the rest of the world and how dramatically impacts people getting killed over is both laughable and sad of you to even argue. It's not a culture war like Serbia v Croatia. It's not Greece v Turkey. In America, it's about capitalism. The almighty dollar. That's why teams get moved. For money. We're not killing people over sports teams like crazy soccer fans.
    No, you are just kiling people in the name of "freedom", A.K.A: oil, tbh.

And, like I said, it is nothing personal against the Lakers, it is against the soulless system of US sports in general. I know everything you said, and that's why I criticize it. And it's not because I haven't been born in the States, because I know there are lots of Americans that feel the same way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True. And we're sittin' on 250 years minimum of that black gold, that Texas tea. But the way we do it works out just swell: We get our MIC involved with the oil in the Middle East + resident BOOGEYMAN Russia/currently Putin to keep the dust from anywhere near settling, EVER. It's our religion. The kids go to the slaughters, a portion come back from said slaughters thru Dover, on & on, & on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. And we're sittin' on 250 years minimum of that black gold, that Texas tea. But the way we do it works out just swell: We get our MIC involved with the oil in the Middle East + resident BOOGEYMAN Russia/currently Putin to keep the dust from anywhere near settling, EVER. It's our religion. The kids go to the slaughters, a portion come back from said slaughters thru Dover, on & on, & on.
    Nice little system you have going on, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice little system you have going on, tbh.
    And you couldn't talk us out of it for all the rice in China. Why? Simple>>>It ain't [their] children comin' back thru Dover. It's [our] children. See, DAF, if it were [both] our children, equally pressed into service, you know what we'd be a doin' right this second? Damn right, son. We'd be a pumpin' that 250 years of black gold, that Texas tea like it belonged to us.

Just shows ta go ya.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

And, like I said, it is nothing personal against the Lakers, it is against the soulless system of US sports in general. I know everything you said, and that's why I criticize it. And it's not because I haven't been born in the States, because I know there are lots of Americans that feel the same way.
    Praytell, what other American sports teams have you criticized because they started in different cities than where they are now. Show me posts where you bashed them like you do the Lakers. I'd love to read them.

You know everything I just posted, yet the post that got me to initially reply was you saying you will never understand it. It's an American sports fan thing. You're not an American sports fan. Americans you claim feel the same way only feel that way about a team like the Lakers. They don't care that half the NBA teams started in different cities than where they are now.

Basically, you're full of . And you just want to hate on the Lakers. Which is totally fine. Just admit that. It's because it's the Lakers and Lakers fan. Instead of vomiting that fake bull you just did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praytell, what other American sports teams have you criticized because they started in different cities than where they are now. Show me posts where you bashed them like you do the Lakers. I'd love to read them.

You know everything I just posted, yet the post that got me to initially reply was you saying you will never understand it. It's an American sports fan thing. You're not an American sports fan. Americans you claim feel the same way only feel that way about a team like the Lakers. They don't care that half the NBA teams started in different cities than where they are now.

Basically, you're full of . And you just want to hate on the Lakers. Which is totally fine. Just admit that. It's because it's the Lakers and Lakers fan. Instead of vomiting that fake bull you just did.
    If the search function worked, I would, tbh. I have made countless of posts making fun of "relocations" and such in US sports. Everytime somebody brings upstairs that the Spurs might get moved to Austin or Seattle, I on the whole thing.

I'm very open about the players and teams I "sport-hate". The Lakers are one, and I have no problem admitting it. But on this particular issue it is more about the system of US sports in general, than a knock on the Lakers itself. I don't know why you got your panties all in a bunch, tbh.

Thread Information