Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.caller.com/news/2012/jun/...e-tony-parker/

New York gets away from the detrimental isolation heavy offense that Melo brought along and the addition of a pick-and-roll terror like Parker could do wonders for Amare Stoudemire. We're talking career revitalizing wonders. We saw how well he played when it was Jeremy Lin running the show, can you imagine him with Parker? New York would still have a good crop of plug and play role players, the defensive player of the year in the middle and they'd have a brand new offensive culture perfect for the situation. They've shown interest in Parker before and after a disappointing post-season run that brought about several stylistic problems between their two max salary players, now is a pretty good time for them to change things up.

San Antonio gets their new face. Anthony has a negative connotation around his name right now but we've seen countless times before that if you give Gregg Popovich a talented player, he can get rid of all of the baggage he carries. George Karl didn't have the stability to change Melo's mindset. Neither did Mike D'Antoni. And Mike Woodson practically told Anthony to do whatever he wanted near the end of the season. Popovich is the clear king in San Antonio, though, and if you give Carmelo a figure he has to respect, who knows how good he can be, especially when he's in a winning environment.

But what about the point guard spot? You can't trade Parker and not get anyone back to run the show. Even though Manu is capable of doing that, San Antonio would need a true point. So who is the final piece to the puzzle? How about the guy that once eliminated the Spurs from the post-season with one eye swollen shut? How about the future hall-of-fame whose legacy is dying for a ring? Why not get someone that once piloted the most efficient offense in recent NBA history to come in and lead the Spurs' new juggernaut? Steve Nash is a free agent this summer and even though his name is constantly linked to sexy destinations like Los Angeles or New York or Miami, a stint in San Antonio could bring him as close as ever to that ever elusive ring, and he'd be a perfect fit for Pop's new up-tempo offense.

If surrounding Carmelo with Nash, Ginobili, Duncan and Pop isn't enough to break him in as a team player then nothing will. Their starting lineup could be Nash/Leonard/Anthony/Free Agent X/Duncan with Ginobili, Patty Mills, Stephen Jackson, DeJuan Blair and Tiago Splitter coming off the bench. In crunchtime the Spurs could replace Leonard with Manu or they could even go small and play Melo at the four, something he did very well this year. The upside of that core with the Spurs' usually fantastic bench is huge and while they'd have essentially the same window as this current group, I think they would be better than this year's Spurs team was. Plus, San Antonio would have Anthony to build around once it comes time for Duncan, Nash and Manu to retire. I think going after Anthony and Nash while only dispensing Parker not only makes the Spurs better for next year but also paints a brighter picture for their future than their current cast does.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo for Parker?

Ticket to languishing in the mediocrity corner for the next couple seasons as a fringe contender and getting knocked off in the first round repeatedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo is a better foundation to build around. Hes capable of being a Top 5-10 player in the league when in top form. NY would never do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo is a better foundation to build around. Hes capable of being a Top 5-10 player in the league when in top form. NY would never do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Tony is better then Melo? Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn NY would be great. Could you imagine them with Parker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to get longer and more athletic. They also need better interior defense. They just need point guards that can make sure everyone is getting shots and keep their confidence going. It seems there is a high correlation between our shooters losing confidence and Tony Parker struggling. If we can solve that I think we'll be much better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Duncan retires, id do it; though i think id take Amare over melo. Frankly i think thats the part nyc wants to move. We may not like to admit it but spurs are entering the zone of suckage in a few short years. Move Parker now for value, and after next year you shed 21m alone in Manu and Jax. After that melo only has two years left on his deal. I just have little faith in the spurs landing anyone via fee agency tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting 5 of Tim, Nash, Melo, Leonard and Bonner?

I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2009 says hi. Melo is still the same player he was then, he just needs to be in the right environment. Youd be an idiot not to trade 2012 Parker for a shot at getting the player Melo was in 2009. Its a pipe dream though obviously, NY wouldnt do it.

Starting 5 of Tim, Nash, Melo, Leonard and Bonner?

I like it.
    Better than Tim, Parker, Green, Leonard, and Bonner tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2009 says hi. Melo is still the same player he was then, he just needs to be in the right environment. Youd be an idiot not to trade 2012 Parker for a shot at getting the player Melo was in 2009. Its a pipe dream though obviously, NY wouldnt do it.
    Stop it. You're killing me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Duncan wants to play you keep Tony in SA.. When Tim is gone ship Tony..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it. You're killing me.
    Lets say Pop straightened Melo out and we got 2009 Melo. Are you saying 2012 Parker is better than 2009 Melo?

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people say KG is a pipe dream than what is this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    splitter for bosh plus blair and booner

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash + Duncan on defense = no chance in playoffs. Nash is one of the worst perimeter defenders and Timmy right now cannot move well enough to be a shot blocker or even an above average defender in the paint. The Spurs need a big man who can intimidate and block some shots. If Miami loses we should package Parker-Splitter-Neal-Blair for Wade and sign Andre Miller or Jameer Nelson.

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash + Duncan on defense = no chance in playoffs. Nash is one of the worst perimeter defenders and Timmy right now cannot move well enough to be a shot blocker or even an above average defender in the paint. The Spurs need a big man who can intimidate and block some shots. If Miami loses we should package Parker-Splitter-Neal-Blair for Wade and sign Andre Miller or Jameer Nelson.
    Did you even read what you typed. Spurs need a big right? So the answer to that is trading for a cry baby and signing miller or nelson? Go back rethink your thoughts than come try again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did your mind explode after typing this? It completely contradictory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Natural Spurs fan reaction to being two wins away from the Finals, with two impact late season additions, is to blow up the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Carmelo Anthony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people say KG is a pipe dream than what is this?
    An acid trip?

No way is New York trading Melo right now. Someone could probably get an easy deal on Amare if they were willing to take on his brutal contract, but not Melo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does everybody want to trade Parker who was a top 5 MVP candidate and is our most recent Finals MVP winner. He's still got a few years of elite play, and the Tim-Tony pick n roll is still lethal.

People are talking about trading Parker, or bringing in wing players, like Melo, Batum... when what we really need is a big next to Duncan that can protect the paint. We need somebody to fill the role that Tiago was SUPPOSED to fill. A guy like Chris Kaman, or heck everyone's talking about KG. Something like that

Thread Information