Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was trying to be positive going in to the series, but let's face it... the League and the network wants Lakers vs. Celtics.

If you do not believe this, I point to the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter last night.

I am not one to make excuses or blame the refs, but that was probably the worst span of officiating that I have seen in my 31 years on Pop's green Earth.

I'm not saying that our Spurs will not try to win, but in order to be successful, they will have to overcome the Lakers and the officials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a crazy post count. 291.55 posts per day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs had zero to do with it last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favoritism+NBA=Stern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a crazy post count. 291.55 posts per day
    scripts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you were driving not watching the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst thread ever. I hate when people blame the refs. The Spurs missed a million shots in the fourth quarter. I don't think the refs had anything to do with that. There were a few blown calls in the fourth, but the Spurs shot themselves in the foot last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only bad call was that out of bounds play where Gasol knocked it out of Duncan's hand after a good Duncan rebound and they called it out on Duncan. While it came at a very crucial moment, the game overall was officiated great, we went to the line more than they did iirc, and if we hit one or two shots during the lakers run, we win that game regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What game were you watching?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, now we gonna win 4 straight!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst thread ever. I hate when people blame the refs. The Spurs missed a million shots in the fourth quarter. I don't think the refs had anything to do with that. There were a few blown calls in the fourth, but the Spurs shot themselves in the foot last night.
    Read the initial post.

Yes, the Spurs should've never put themselves in a position for the referees (Stern) to dictate the outcome, but I watched Ginobili get hacked on two shot attempts and thrown to the floor on a critical loose ball.

Kobe shoved Bowen four feet way from him before his big basket in the lane.

And the Gasol play was purely ludicrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that there were bad calls, but that happens in every game. The fact that the Spurs gave up a 20pt lead when they shouldn't have has more to do with the loss than the refs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough with the 'Conspiracy Theories,' already. If the fix was in, we'd either have a Shaq-Kobe WC Finals, or a Chris Paul-Kobe WC Finals.

It's not about what the league "wants." It's about execution down the stretch. They did it, we didn't . Let's suck it up and move on, shall we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these the same people giving up after one game that gave up after the spurs were down 0-2? Havent you learned anything...

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were at least 8 non calls on the Lakers in the last 8 minutes of the ing game. And then on the other side, the Spurs were called for bs touch fouls. The refs had alot to do with it...

On one particular play Kobe had already made his two step move and then stopped and took another two steps in the paint.

Tim Duncan was clearly hacked across the elbows in the paint on one possession.

Tony Parker was repeatedly pushed at the top of the key without one ing call, but yet, Derrick Fischer gets sent to the line for much less.

This is almost unwatchable...

Some of you obviously don't know about basketball nor have ever played the game. There are alot of things that you can get away with to give yourself the advantage and it's up to the officials to open their ing eyes and see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a 20 point lead, the refs shouldn't have even been in a position to decide the game.

The League didn't force Pop to sit Bowen in the 3rd quarter when Kobe got going. The League didn't force the Spurs to go away from their game plan and play one on one basketball. The League didn't make the rims any smaller after halftime when the Spurs couldn't make a shot. And the League definitely didn't call for Smallball and putting Finley on Odom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a 20 point lead, the refs shouldn't have even been in a position to decide the game.

The League didn't force Pop to sit Bowen in the 3rd quarter when Kobe got going. The League didn't force the Spurs to go away from their game plan and play one on one basketball. The League didn't make the rims any smaller after halftime when the Spurs couldn't make a shot. And the League definitely didn't call for Smallball and putting Finley on Odom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all on this forum I would have thought that Ghost would be the last to trot this out.

Last Monday night is the best indicator that the league office and its broadcast partners don't always get what they may want.

Sack it up. The Spurs were on a quick turnaround after a draining game 7 road win. They know what needs to be done in this series. It most certainly won't take them 7 games to figure it out.

I'm A Terp
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put me on the side of "The refs had nothing to do with our first game loss." I will say this though: We are going to win this series. We had a bad stretch there in the fourth quarter. It's been happening to us all year. Happened to us in the games at N.O. But we have a great team and great coaching.

Deep down, Phil, the Lakers, and Laker fans who saw the game last night know damn well they are going to get their butts kicked. They are worried as . No way will we do again what we did last night in the fourth quarter.

You'll hear from my lawyer!
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was trying to be positive going in to the series, but let's face it... the League and the network wants Lakers vs. Celtics.

If you do not believe this, I point to the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter last night.

I am not one to make excuses or blame the refs, but that was probably the worst span of officiating that I have seen in my 31 years on Pop's green Earth.

I'm not saying that our Spurs will not try to win, but in order to be successful, they will have to overcome the Lakers and the officials.
    Yeah, the league gave the Spurs a 20-point lead and took it away.

You'll hear from my lawyer!
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Deep down, Phil, the Lakers, and Laker fans who saw the game last night know damn well they are going to get their butts kicked. They are worried as . No way will we do again what we did last night in the fourth quarter.
    Odom didn't have a good game. Fisher was 1/9. Kobe only had 2 points at halftime. The Spurs had a 20-point lead. The Lakers didn't play well. And they still won? Sure, Jackson and the Lakers are scared. LMAO!!!!!

The Hornets would have lost by 25 last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+ 1

Pop's lineup for most of the 3rd was the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't even read the post, just the le, but my response:

GTFO or STFU

Thread Information