Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston owns 5 of the top7 and in 3 different eras. That stuck out to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that 2013 stat, Spurs lost the series while outscoring the Heat by 5 overall

it still hurts :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just makes 2014 all the more sweet

the #1 beat down of all time

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that 2013 stat, Spurs lost the series while outscoring the Heat by 5 overall

it still hurts :
    Imagine how pissed Detroit fan is losing the 05 Finals while outscoring the Spurs by 13 overall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how pissed Detroit fan is losing the 05 Finals while outscoring the Spurs by 13 overall.
    I've re-watched long highlights recently and still can't understand how we won.

That Detroit team could've been a dynasty if not for the Spurs (and had they drafted Melo or Dwade instead of Milicic)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've re-watched long highlights recently and still can't understand how we won.

That Detroit team could've been a dynasty if not for the Spurs (and had they drafted Melo or Dwade instead of Milicic)
    That series was so weird.

Four straight blowouts, each by the home teams.

Game 5 was an epic overtime Spurs win in Detroit thanks to Robert Horry.

Game 6, Detroit bounces back and stays alive back in San Antonio, back when they used the 2-3-2 format.

Game 7 in SA was a good one until the 4th quarter, then the Spurs finally cracked the rock. Really though, that whole series boiled down to Game 5. The Palace was a scary ing place to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game 6, Detroit bounces back and stays alive back in San Antonio, back when they used the 2-3-2 format.

Game 7 in SA was a good one until the 4th quarter, then the Spurs finally cracked the rock. Really though, that whole series boiled down to Game 5. The Palace was a scary ing place to play.
    Game 1 was insane. Detroit jumps out to a 17-4 lead and I'm just thinking well I'm not even mad, this Pistons team is ridiculous. Then Glenn Robinson checks in and I'm not really thinking much of it, but he turns into a guy who looks like he should be All NBA first team defense for six minutes, blocking 3 shots and grabbing three rebounds, and dragging the Spurs right back into the game and then Manu just skull s them from there on out that night. Was always hoping the TMac signing in 2013 would give the Spurs the same shot in the arm Big Dog did in 05. I don't think there is any way in the Spurs win that le without him. Sadly his mom died after Game 3 and he missed at least a couple of games to be with his family and never got to play again but every Spurs fan should be grateful as to him for that little remembered but absolutely critical contribution he made to the le.

Game 7 was scary as too. Detroit had the Spurs down 9 in the third back when 9 points was a real lead. But then Tony hit a big shot, Tim got their bigs in foul trouble, and once the Pistons had to guard Tim with Tayshaun Prince it was goodbye Pistons lead real quick.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 1 Week Ago at 11:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Facts. Game 5 was insane. One of the most stressful games ever in my Spurs fandom. Game 7 too. Horry's performance in that Game 5 won us that series though tbh. Too bad to turned out to be a turncoat Spurs/Timmy hater after all that. His G5 performance will live in Spurs lore forever though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good call man I kinda feel bad for DET area sports fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We never win 05 without making the Nazr Mohammed trade tbh. That was a game changer that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny but it is true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts. Game 5 was insane. One of the most stressful games ever in my Spurs fandom. Game 7 too. Horry's performance in that Game 5 won us that series though tbh. Too bad to turned out to be a turncoat Spurs/Timmy hater after all that. His G5 performance will live in Spurs lore forever though.
    Same

I was in Paris and woke up the whole neighborhood at 5am when Horry scored his dagger 3

I rarely hear pundits/medias mentioning this finals, pobably too boring but 1 of the best of all time basketball wise. When you compare with this season's, you realise how much the NBA level has droped the last +decade.

Intensity, BBIQ, talent or coaching were at a much higher level...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 1 was insane. Detroit jumps out to a 17-4 lead and I'm just thinking well I'm not even mad, this Pistons team is ridiculous. Then Glenn Robinson checks in and I'm not really thinking much of it, but he turns into a guy who looks like he should be All NBA first team defense for six minutes, blocking 3 shots and grabbing three rebounds, and dragging the Spurs right back into the game and then Manu just skull s them from there on out that night. Was always hoping the TMac signing in 2013 would give the Spurs the same shot in the arm Big Dog did in 05. I don't think there is any way in the Spurs win that le without him. Sadly his mom died after Game 3 and he missed at least a couple of games to be with his family and never got to play again but every Spurs fan should be grateful as to him for that little remembered but absolutely critical contribution he made to the le.

Game 7 was scary as too. Detroit had the Spurs down 9 in the third back when 9 points was a real lead. But then Tony hit a big shot, Tim got their bigs in foul trouble, and once the Pistons had to guard Tim with Tayshaun Prince it was goodbye Pistons lead real quick.
    Only finals game I've ever been to. Tense AF all game. Wish I could rewatch the full game man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only finals game I've ever been to. Tense AF all game. Wish I could rewatch the full game man.
    Game 1 or 7?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry's performance in that Game 5 won us that series though tbh. Too bad to turned out to be a turncoat Spurs/Timmy hater after all that. His G5 performance will live in Spurs lore forever though.
    Can't worry about that . Timmy missed that bunny put-back that could have won the game in regulation. I thought the game/series was done after that. Spurs don't win in 03 without Jax. They don't win in 05 without Horry. They don't win in 14 without Kawhi. I think a lot of the issues former players have with the Spurs comes down to Pop. Duncan just gets caught in the crossfire.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't worry about that . Timmy missed that bunny put-back that could have won the game in regulation. I thought the game/series was done after that. Spurs don't win in 03 without Jax. They don't win in 05 without Horry. They don't win in 14 without Kawhi. I think a lot of the issues former players have with the Spurs comes down to Pop. Duncan just gets caught in the crossfire.
    Duncan looks heavy and slow even back in 2005 nba finals. He would slim down to 240lbs from 260 in early 2010

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan looks heavy and slow even back in 2005 nba finals. He would slim down to 240lbs from 260 in early 2010
    Dude was banging against the Wallaces 40 minutes a night on two bum ankles. First one he turned in a road game in Detroit in March, then the other one he turned in Game 6 of the Seattle series. Both his ankles were so heavily taped that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that game deserves to be re-called by mike breen tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also what a disasterclass by duncan in that game to be bailed out by horry

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also what a disasterclass by duncan in that game to be bailed out by horry
    Yeah, 25 points and 11 rebounds. What a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, 25 points and 11 rebounds. What a scrub.
    26 points and 19 rebounds, actually. think you're looking at his game 7 numbers (during which he shot 10-27 from the field)

but im talking about crunchtime. 1-7 from the FT in the 4th quarter. missed bunnies. turnovers. sheed scored on him a couple times as well. i know he was hurt and all, but man that was a rough 4th/OT for him

i still remember being marginally surprised that timmy won FMVP that year and not Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was playing on two badly sprained ankles. He only played 66 games that season, and before you go all load management, he played 80 each of the next two seasons.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I felt like Brown benched Billups far too long in game 7 because he was in foul trouble.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That finals ended up being a three game series with the first 4 being blowouts which is why they scored more

Thread Information