Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1023
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the media people seem to be in the "it's over" camp now.

And without wanting to jinx anything...at this point Wemby may even win it, if he couldn't play any more games this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that escalated quickly

what's more interesting is the DPOY odds, VW was like +5000 at the end of 2023, and something like +1500 at the ASG iirc

if he keeps averaging in 5+ blocks per 36 the rest of the season, this could get real interesting

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 2 defensive players are french. My national team will be
    so nasty at the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the media people seem to be in the "it's over" camp now.

And without wanting to jinx anything...at this point Wemby may even win it, if he couldn't play any more games this season.
    He needs to play 65 games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he keeps averaging in 5+ blocks per 36 the rest of the season, this could get real interesting
    If he keeps that up he's winning DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for ROY. All the other awards and I believe All NBA teams he would need 65 games though.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    nm, showed up as question marks originally.
    Last edited by Tyronn Lue; 03-04-2024 at 11:40 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    So Victor probably gets 1st team all defense as well as ROY?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Victor probably gets 1st team all defense as well as ROY?
    If Gobert is 1st team all defense at the 5, can Wemby be slotted in at the 4?

He should also get All NBA while we're at it... at least 3rd team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JJ Re has seen the light. not only saying he's the ROY and one of the best rookies ever, but also saying he was unnecessarily flippant earlier about Wemby in the ROY conversation when he basically brushed off the idea of him winning over chet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps that up he's winning DPOY
    No way they'd give it to a guy from a team that's terrible defensively like the Spurs. It's Gobert this year but starting next year Wemby should be the favorite when healthy.

Side note - but this is your yearly reminder that it's absolutely ing criminal that Timmy doesn't have a 5 DPOY awards, let alone a single one.

In regards to ROY, the only thing in doubt now is whether Vic will win it unanimously. He should but there'll be some "efficiency" nerds out that there will vote for Chet out of spite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they'd give it to a guy from a team that's terrible defensively like the Spurs. It's Gobert this year but starting next year Wemby should be the favorite when healthy.

Side note - but this is your yearly reminder that it's absolutely ing criminal that Timmy doesn't have a 5 DPOY awards, let alone a single one.

In regards to ROY, the only thing in doubt now is whether Vic will win it unanimously. He should but there'll be some "efficiency" nerds out that there will vote for Chet out of spite.

Rasheed wallace said it but we all new it. "Tim Duncan is the most disrespected superstar of all time"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for ROY. It isn’t included in the 65 game minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So ROTY doesn't require 65 games played, DPOY does. Also I heard they're not doing positions anymore for awards, they'll just have the best players on the best all-teams.

So right now we're looking at ROTY, 1st team all-rookie, possibly 1st team all-defense and a tiny chance at DPOY (real chance at runner-up).
    He also might get a few votes for MVP and All-NBA.
    Last edited by thiste; 03-04-2024 at 11:25 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Maybe. I am not sure what his "official" position is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is a beast but Wemby not from this planet
    Chet followed his 14 and 9 game from yesterday up with 15 and 7 tonight, and got 1 block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roooooooooooooooooooooookie of the Yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan Duel is taking bets on him getting a quadruple-double before the season is over. They started the odds at +10,000.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dunc'd On podcast had their March Awards show a few days ago and ...

Both hosts picked Chet Holmgren as the Rookie of the Year.

There was a slight window open for VW that maaaaaaybe after the season was over and the rest of the games played that they could change their minds, but they made it sound highly unlikely.

Danny LeRoux: "Chet Holmgren has not only been a superior offensive player to Wembanyama … If you're calling them a wash on defense or close to it … then this is Chet Holmgren's award. I think he has been a materially better offensive player."

Nate Duncan: "Chet Holmgren is shooting 40% on threes. I don't think Victor Wembanyama could shoot 40% on threes no matter what his shot diet was. … He also has basically the highest turnover usage in the league. … There was a time this year when Victor Wembanyama had 52% true shooting, and that time counts"

Soooo

Bring one of the idiots who pays for this podcast, it does have me reconsidering my paid subscriptions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dunc'd On podcast had their March Awards show a few days ago and ...

Both hosts picked Chet Holmgren as the Rookie of the Year.

There was a slight window open for VW that maaaaaaybe after the season was over and the rest of the games played that they could change their minds, but they made it sound highly unlikely.

Danny LeRoux: "Chet Holmgren has not only been a superior offensive player to Wembanyama … If you're calling them a wash on defense or close to it … then this is Chet Holmgren's award. I think he has been a materially better offensive player."

Nate Duncan: "Chet Holmgren is shooting 40% on threes. I don't think Victor Wembanyama could shoot 40% on threes no matter what his shot diet was. … He also has basically the highest turnover usage in the league. … There was a time this year when Victor Wembanyama had 52% true shooting, and that time counts"

Soooo

Bring one of the idiots who pays for this podcast, it does have me reconsidering my paid subscriptions.
    Terrible arguments. Really struggling to see how anyone could think it’s not VW’s award at this point. At absolute worst, it’s maybe a toss-up? Even that is just hard for me to wrap my head around at this point. Even more bizarre of a stance when you realize we still have a quarter of the season left…why are they still focusing so much on November/December?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these foos relevant? Do they have a vote in the award somehow?
    I live under a rock and I haven't heard of them

Believe.
    Post Count
    After making Sengun look like a Hall of Famer and then the injury that Pop will probably use as an excuse to keep him out the rest of the season or at least play as little as possible, the ROY award is definitely in doubt. Chet is heading for a deep playoff run and that playoff experience will really help him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is also not a rookie but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After making Sengun look like a Hall of Famer and then the injury that Pop will probably use as an excuse to keep him out the rest of the season or at least play as little as possible, the ROY award is definitely in doubt. Chet is heading for a deep playoff run and that playoff experience will really help him.
    off Thunder fan, Chet's nowhere close to Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off Thunder fan, Chet's nowhere close to Wemby
    Is he really a Thunder fan? All the comments I've read from him are either proposing awful trades or moves (like trading a top 3 pick for Giddey ) or just being downright negative. Clearly doesn't seem like a Spurs fan.

Thread Information