Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham + Birch + Primo's Junk = starting salary for Reaves. It's not a big deal

The only slight perspective I could see on Reaves is his numbers on the playoffs being elevated due to heavy minutes. His per 36 numbers are worse as a result. But that's not a bad thing at all, if he's trusted to play that heavy and earns it. Just means any Spur numbers would be less as pop would probably keep his minutes at 30 or so
    Reaves will not average 30mpg next season. I’ll wager anyone real money on that right now. Barring this guy going to a tanking team and logging warm body minutes.

This guy is arguably not even a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think it makes the starting lineup more interesting. I think the 'KJ or Sochan' starting debate is settled and Sochan starts. You'd have 4 guys in that unit who are true threats from deep. Tre and Keldon coming off the bench in roles that are suited to their strengths are a big plus in my mind.
    If the Spurs are interested in Osman, it might suggest the team wants to let Wemba play at the five more than some of us believed. I think there's room for Reaves, Vassell, Johnson, Sochan Wembanyama to be a unit. I don't know how Sochan or Wemba could do at SF, so Collins starting might be Sochan a bench guy. But I definitely see Reaves and Vassell playing well together and with Wemba, whether the other starters are Johnson, Sochan, Collins or a point guard. That trio is really flexible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your expectation of the Spurs next year? Will we have really, really, really good games?
    My expectation is .500 ball and scratching the play in.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other shoe that's left to drop that might have a Spurs connection is Brook Lopez. If you were to imagine a center to put next to a rookie Wemby, you'd want a big ol' dude who is great at defense, absorbs contact, won't be messed with and shoots threes on the other end to space the floor for Wemby's isolations. Sounds like Lopez.

If the Spurs offer him two-year, $55 million, could he actually say no?

27.5 million? Sheesh you’d hope not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many games was Reaves “really really really really really good”?

Share your expectations for his greatness next year please.
    I mean it depends but it's obvious to me this dude is going to be a focal point for whatever team he's on and he'll be very good in the playoffs. He's extremely versatile so I'm not going to give you some bull stat line (as if that would prove anything or be anything more than bull ) but feel free to hand me an L that I'll happilyown I've been wrong before but I've been right way more than a lot of people on here and a, happy with how my previous player predictions have held up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if that is overpaying, but I would overpay for two years of him.
    Spurs would be almost doubling his salary from last year in the scenario LJ posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Reaves vs Vassell argument is dumb. If we sign Reaves it is because we see him as a PG.
    Vassell is a SG or SF.
    They would not compete for minutes very much.
    They would both start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many games was Reaves “really really really really really good”?

Share your expectations for his greatness next year please.
    He averaged out as elite for the whole season. I'm sure some of those games he wasn't as good in. SR21 pointed out Reaves started out the year slowly. But every player has games where they're worse than their average. Danny Green had stretches so bad Pop would bench him, but he was still the defining role-player of his generation. Vassell was unplayable in some games, as was Keldon. But Reaves' baseline was so high that it would help raise the bar for the Spurs' rotation quite a bit. If instead of outplaying Josh Richardson or Stan Johnson you had to outplay Reaves, the rotation would look a lot cleaner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaves will not average 30mpg next season. I’ll wager anyone real money on that right now. Barring this guy going to a tanking team and logging warm body minutes.

Oh I'll take this bet. How much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget Reeves

Let's just move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know you made race such a forced topic for months during the predraft season that I’m starting to wonder if you have in it for Reaves because he’s white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27.5 million? Sheesh you’d hope not
    I'd be down. Lopez is basically the perfect fit. Ideally you'd want to go hard at him and a PG to raise the overall talent of the team. But it's hard to imagine the Spurs getting a trade with MKE or the teams most likely to have such a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it depends but it's obvious to me this dude is going to be a focal point for whatever team he's on and he'll be very good in the playoffs. He's extremely versatile so I'm not going to give you some bull stat line (as if that would prove anything or be anything more than bull ) but feel free to hand me an L that I'll happilyown I've been wrong before but I've been right way more than a lot of people on here and a, happy with how my previous player predictions have held up.
    Look, I like Reaves. I think he’s a good guy off the bench for 20-22 mpg with that increased in the playoffs when you shrink the rotation. A focal point is a stretch and that belief is built on a much smaller sample size that people make it out to be.

A portion of his 13ppg for the season came during injuries where he kinda just filled in. They weren’t making big runs in those periods either.

It’s telling to me that everyone is so hyped on this dude but won’t have their intelligence insulted by statistically quantifying the guy but are certain he’ll be a “focal point”.

That’s not me picking a fight with you either.

It just tells me that he’s as much of an unknown riding a hot post season as I say he is.

Otherwise dudes would be dropping expectations left and right here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone who doesn’t see Reaves as a promising player *at the very least* are so hugely dismissive of his talent all because he wore a Lakers jersey and he was around LeBron. Note I’m not saying he’s for sure going to blow up, but this fluke nonsense has got to stop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He averaged 36.2 in the playoffs for a conference finals team. 39.6 in the WCF. why did he play that much?

Don't know how much he'll play for LA next year because i think they'll match any deal and I haven't studied their moves close enough yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you made race such a forced topic for months during the predraft season that I’m starting to wonder if you have in it for Reaves because he’s white.
    Don’t be a . I like Reaves. I don’t like the money being tossed around about it.

I think the LA 4 for 52 is in line. I’m not crying at 4 for 60 either.

If we brought him in at 4 for 60 I’d be leery but generally positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He averaged out as elite for the whole season. I'm sure some of those games he wasn't as good in. SR21 pointed out Reaves started out the year slowly. But every player has games where they're worse than their average. Danny Green had stretches so bad Pop would bench him, but he was still the defining role-player of his generation. Vassell was unplayable in some games, as was Keldon. But Reaves' baseline was so high that it would help raise the bar for the Spurs' rotation quite a bit. If instead of outplaying Josh Richardson or Stan Johnson you had to outplay Reaves, the rotation would look a lot cleaner.
    Again, prefacing that I'm not an Austin Reaves expert and I'm only being sold on the idea of Reaves based on stats, seeing a few games, and the opinions shared here on ST... but what I like about the idea of adding Reaves at 4/100 (and giving Devin 4/100) is that it gives us a young core of Dev/Keldon/Sochan/Reaves/Bran around Wemby in addition to a bevvy of FRPs coming up.

It would seem given where the cap is going that 4/100 isn't a killer contract. We all seem to like Keldon's 4/80, despite Keldon having a lower ceiling than Dev (and maybe Reaves?). It's like Herro's 4/120 or Duncan Robinson's 4/90 we are talking about here.

From my amateur POV, it seems like Reaves could be a nice addition to our young roster while still not hampering our ability to find that second star via the draft or via trade (using all that draft capital). In fact, Reaves (or Keldon or an extended Devin) might be helpful in a situation where we want to couple them with picks to trade for that second star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean 4/100 isn't insane money for your 2-4th best players on a team (aka starters) so I am not sure why were acting like it's bonkers money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monte Morris getting traded from WAS to DET. So there goes one PG option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He averaged 36.2 in the playoffs for a conference finals team. 39.6 in the WCF. why did he play that much?

Don't know how much he'll play for LA next year because i think they'll match any deal and I haven't studied their moves close enough yet
    Expected for a player that gets hot. Yet he averaged what for the regular season? 21 a game or so I think. Even with all those injuries…

I see him as a 22mpg guy who might play 25-28 on a night he gets rolling but will see far more uneventful 18 minute games where he picks up 8-9 points.

I’m not paying 100 million for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reeves is nothing more then a overglorified linsanity who peaked at the correct time during a stretch of games...his like that other clown they use to had caruso

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With FVV inked, are we the only team that can offer him die ~$100?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I like Reaves. I think he’s a good guy off the bench for 20-22 mpg with that increased in the playoffs when you shrink the rotation. A focal point is a stretch and that belief is built on a much smaller sample size that people make it out to be.

A portion of his 13ppg for the season came during injuries where he kinda just filled in. They weren’t making big runs in those periods either.

It’s telling to me that everyone is so hyped on this dude but won’t have their intelligence insulted by statistically quantifying the guy but are certain he’ll be a “focal point”.

That’s not me picking a fight with you either.

It just tells me that he’s as much of an unknown riding a hot post season as I say he is.

Otherwise dudes would be dropping expectations left and right here.
    I would say you should look at his splits. He didn't just fill in, he excelled as his usage went up. Especially in the playoffs. If you want stats, I'll say 17/6/3 with around 40per from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected for a player that gets hot. Yet he averaged what for the regular season? 21 a game or so I think. Even with all those injuries…

I see him as a 22mpg guy who might play 25-28 on a night he gets rolling but will see far more uneventful 18 minute games where he picks up 8-9 points.

I’m not paying 100 million for that.
    Looks like he averaged 28.8 mpg last season. 23.2 the year prior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may regret saying this one day but the Reaves idea is gross to me, the spurs have said over and over how they don’t want to skip any steps or make costly long term decisions. Im out on him for now.

Thread Information