Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-22 combined, 0-10 from downtown. Vassell single-handedly lost us the bulls game. Should we even bother keeping these two past this season?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Co-sign this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love both of them, but at this point if they are needed to land a big trade, I'm in....Devin is too inconsistent and Keldon dies playing hero ball too much at times like today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Was That Stat Where It Showed That Vassell Had The Highest FG% For Contested Shots? I’m Not Sure That’s A Stat To Be Proud Of Since If He Was Smarter And Found Ways To Take Better Shots, His Contested Shots vs Uncontested Wouldn’t Be So Lopsided And We’d Have Ourselves A Reliable Scorer. But The Guy Can’t Seem To Figure Out Better Ways To Create Shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon’s Is Expected So It’s Not As Disappointing. But If We’re Moving On From Keldon, He Needs To Keep His Trade Value High And Have Less Of These Nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson is in his 5th season, he should be smarter. He keep making the same mistakes. Put his head down, drive and never pass. And that layup he missed to cut to 4 was pathetic.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Devin slumps, he slumps hard. Consistency has always been his biggest question mark. I love what he’s capable of, but if he can’t do that regularly, I’m on team trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am happy to ride with them as long as they don't demand max money, i think they have a place as important pieces, but they are still young and are still learning both when and how to attack. The reason why i would stuck with them, is because on paper they are capable of anything that they should be capable of doing, and they have clearly improved defensively from their admittedly extremely low level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon had one of the tiest games I’ve ever seen tbh. Who knows what would’ve happened had we scored after that steal on the inbounds play…should’ve gotten it down to 4 points.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassel needs a point guard as much as Wembenyama tbh. Johnson is just low IQ. His only move is running into 3 defenders and yelling AY thinking he’s always fouled. He killed the comeback in the 4th with his heroball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m more patient with Devin but he has too many of these stinker games. Not reliable enough as a 2nd option. He’s probably 3rd or 6th man option at best.

Keldon is what he is at this point, not worth keeping around next season if the team can’t find a better player in a trade. Murray and white were low picks like him but they are clear nba starters on a good team. Keldon isn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Murray and white were low picks like him but they are clear nba starters on a good team.
    This Was Definitely NOT The Consensus On This Board When Both Were Spurs Players. You Can Find Many Old Posts Saying They Were Garbage And Wouldn’t Be Contributors On A Good Team. , Even Fathead Now Is Enjoying A Leadership Role On The TWolves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been real disappointed in Devin this season. He needs to become a 3 level scorer and not only does he not score in the paint he can't even get to the paint. Dude put on all that weight and muscle for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is the new Danny Green. #IcyHot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We wish...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both suck hard

vassell is absolute garbage and sucks as hard as branham

i never hated as many spurs at one time as this season…

even bonner/finley/bogans were hated less by me and that is saying a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell has definitely hit a slump, which happens, but he had to find other ways to contribute. Keldon is just a black hole on offense and needs to understand his role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Was That Stat Where It Showed That Vassell Had The Highest FG% For Contested Shots? I’m Not Sure That’s A Stat To Be Proud Of Since If He Was Smarter And Found Ways To Take Better Shots, His Contested Shots vs Uncontested Wouldn’t Be So Lopsided And We’d Have Ourselves A Reliable Scorer. But The Guy Can’t Seem To Figure Out Better Ways To Create Shots.
    Been saying this. Devin needs a PG as much as Wemby does.

Problem we are seeing with Devin though is that he gets tunnel vision and becomes determined to take a shot, no matter how hard it is. Like, you can pass it bro. Even Sochan is improving on this front while Devin is still just focused on getting his shots up.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Jordan Hawkins before his trade value goes up.

He's going to end up better than Sochan, Vassell or Johnson in the long run.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Is the goal to tank or to win? We still don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all about the tank this year but given no generational talent we can afford to win more games the second half of the season.

Normally one or the other of these two no shows us, not both. Not sure I understand why it was critical to extend Vassell or Collins, for that matter. Both seemed to go into the toilet right after signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell will string some games where he is complementing his own outside shot with his aggressive forays toward the rim, including some tough, crafty finishes... but then follow it with these stinkers. no bueno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny was not asked to do as much as Vassell offensively which is why Danny still was more consistent despite his icy hot stretches. It’s more of an issue when Vassell is treated like rookie contract nephew and he has consistent 1-12 stinker games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell: 2-11 18.2% @ ATL on Monday & 1-13 7.7 % vs. CHI on Saturday

Devin Vassell a combined 3-24 last 2 games.

Keldon Johnson is a 29th overall pick so he's more exceeding expectations imho but Devin Vassell picked at 11 overall must be more consistent.

I believe in Dev and see his potential. He's def progressed well over time. I feel like reassessing after one more offseason but the disappearing act is becoming a pattern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the goal to tank or to win? We still don't know.
    Considering in this draft a team is just as likely to find the best player in the draft at pick 15 as they are at pick 1, tanking hard appears pointless.

I think the goal was for Pop to flex that he is smarter than all of you, and that point guards are useless.

Thread Information