View Poll Results: How many wins over the next 7?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

3 8.57%

4 11.43%

13 37.14%

10 28.57%

4 11.43%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.86%
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ DET
    CHA
    CHI (2nd Game of a Back-to-Back)
    @ ATL
    @ BOS
    @ CHA
    @ WAS (2nd Game of a Back-to-Back).

In theory on paper, 6 of the next 7 are winnable. Granted, Wemby will probably miss at least two.

How many wins are you predicting? I’ll say we surprise and pull out 3 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each game looks like a lottery with this team. The squad has Wemby, a future superstar.. Vassell, Jones.. both of whom are potentially good two-way players but have one or two limitations that are holding them back from their full upward trajectories (Vassell - inconsistency on defense, finishing at the rim, Jones - outside shooting, even just jump shooting); Keldon Johnson who is good on the offensive end but bad on defense with only hustle to show for it there and the rest are all flawed players who are at best No 11-17 in contending teams. With such a line-up, predicting anything is a waste of time. There are just too many ebbs and flows; too many troughs and highs.

It is easy to blame Coach Pop. The person to blame for me is Team President Pop who has empowered a mediocre GM. Even then, the situation is redeemable thanks to Wemby and his out-worldly talent. While this season is gone, it wont hurt the Spurs' development if they can get a competent PG to back-up Jones instead of relying on factually-and-by-far-the-worst-player-in-the-league in Malaki Branham (-1.6 earned wins according to dunksandthrees), an inexperienced Blake Wesley and the unused warm body of Devonte Graham, not to mention a misfit in Jeremy Sochan.

Seriously, I think the Spurs will be better off in trying to get someone like Bob Myers to replace Brian Wright before the trade deadline, and also in the meantime seek to get someone like Malcolm Brogdon or Tyus Jones for some second round picks - a boatload of which are available with the Spurs. This wouldn't necessarily impact on winning/ losing but it will create the impetus to have a structured offense that will help the development of Wemby, which is the single most important objective for the Spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cautiously optimistic now that the Spurs have looked like an actual NBA team capable of winning 30 games in a full season after moving Branham out of the starting lineup and inserting Tre Jones into it. I'll go 3-4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be the stretch to post some wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby would wrap up the ROTY, regardless of record, if he was allowed to play 32MPG through this stretch. Would probably average 25/12/5/3...

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 wins. Wins against Detroit and Washington should be feasible

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each game looks like a lottery with this team. The squad has Wemby, a future superstar.. Vassell, Jones.. both of whom are potentially good two-way players but have one or two limitations that are holding them back from their full upward trajectories (Vassell - inconsistency on defense, finishing at the rim, Jones - outside shooting, even just jump shooting); Keldon Johnson who is good on the offensive end but bad on defense with only hustle to show for it there and the rest are all flawed players who are at best No 11-17 in contending teams. With such a line-up, predicting anything is a waste of time. There are just too many ebbs and flows; too many troughs and highs.

It is easy to blame Coach Pop. The person to blame for me is Team President Pop who has empowered a mediocre GM. Even then, the situation is redeemable thanks to Wemby and his out-worldly talent. While this season is gone, it wont hurt the Spurs' development if they can get a competent PG to back-up Jones instead of relying on factually-and-by-far-the-worst-player-in-the-league in Malaki Branham (-1.6 earned wins according to dunksandthrees), an inexperienced Blake Wesley and the unused warm body of Devonte Graham, not to mention a misfit in Jeremy Sochan.

Seriously, I think the Spurs will be better off in trying to get someone like Bob Myers to replace Brian Wright before the trade deadline, and also in the meantime seek to get someone like Malcolm Brogdon or Tyus Jones for some second round picks - a boatload of which are available with the Spurs. This wouldn't necessarily impact on winning/ losing but it will create the impetus to have a structured offense that will help the development of Wemby, which is the single most important objective for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Detroit game is a trap game for the Spurs...

Better come out ready.

/s

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Detroit game is a trap game for the Spurs...

Better come out ready.

/s
    Cunningham has a knee injury. Spurs should win that game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit is a must win to avoid an embarrassment.
    Bulls, Hawks and Celtics are losses.
    I'd say that not getting at least one against the Hornets would be really disappointing.
    Should go for a win against Washington.

Tbh, without at least two wins we're taking the mantle of clear cut worst team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7-0 and spurs win by 20+ each game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-7 though that still feels optimistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone slapped Pop across the back of his head and told him to start a real point guard. With that and no defense Branham injured or on the bench, we might have a chance at two or three wins against some equally bad teams. That might work unless Pop starts again with some ridiculous lineups I'd let Wemby go crazy on Charlotte and Detroit. You know Detroit will real hard at us for their next win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wemby's probably going to be held out of the bulls game which sucks because i'm going to that game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Im going to be pissed if they hold him out of the wizards game for the same reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 3-7....Geez Louise let's hope!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wemby's probably going to be held out of the bulls game which sucks because i'm going to that game.
    Bummer. I wonder how long his minute restrictions are going to last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-6

Wembys with virtually zero support and 99% hinderance from the GOAT.....

Is gonna take a while to fix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to be optimistic here and give them 4/7 because of the weak schedule and the fact that they seem to be turning a corner using better lineups and putting up a good fight lately.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 wins provided that Sochan don't it up

0 wins if Branham get above 20mins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7-0 and spurs win by 20+ each game
    On pace

Thread Information