Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495
Results 2,351 to 2,370 of 2370
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He works hard on his game. I think he’ll have a lot of people eating crow just in ST alone
    Plus who else do we have to guard the donkey?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was drafted on the basis of being a 6’9” connector. That’s something the Spurs always look for, secondary ball handling.
    Until they came up with the brilliant idea of trying to make him a primary ball handler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m positive most of you have never played sports! In this development year, we did just fine. Two top 8 picks were secured and we are moving in an upward trajectory with a generational player…..no sniff or faux optimism. Sit back and let Patfo cook A lot of contrarians running amuck on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many thoughts here:

1. RIP Bill Walton
    2. Dennis Rodman was such a ing gnat and this is one thing he was especially great at. That said, he would have really thrived in the flopping era of the NBA we are in now! LOL
    3. I never liked seeing Frank in Seattle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I'm in the camp of Sochan will be a good long term piece for the Spurs.

People forget how young he is. He is putting in work and effort and seems to be quite coachable. All good and positive things you want in an NBA prospect.

Will he be an NBA all Pro? Maybe not. But I think he can definitely carve out a long term role in this league and hopefully its in San Antonio. Once this team gets good and he really learns the nuances, he is going to be such an annoying pest to other players and just constantly get in their head and that alone is insanely valuable after seeing Rodman clip especially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m positive most of you have never played sports! In this development year, we did just fine. Two top 8 picks were secured and we are moving in an upward trajectory with a generational player…..no sniff or faux optimism. Sit back and let Patfo cook A lot of contrarians running amuck on this board.
    Oh great. We’re doomed, the Miss Cleo guarantee lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People forget how young he is. He is putting in work and effort and seems to be quite coachable. All good and positive things you want in an NBA prospect.

Will he be an NBA all Pro? Maybe not. But I think he can definitely carve out a long term role in this league and hopefully its in San Antonio. Once this team gets good and he really learns the nuances, he is going to be such an annoying pest to other players and just constantly get in their head and that alone is insanely valuable after seeing Rodman clip especially.
    They don’t forget, they just refuse to acknowledge…… it’s a wash , rinse, repeat type of thing on here! lol

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sochan is awkward. Hopefully he isn't on the spurs long term. Want no part of another Rodman type player. Spurs can build a winner without that type of player.

You liked Rodman's style of play? I sure didn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only things similar between Jeremy and Dennis are their jersey numbers, hair color and body types.

They don't play the same way at all, unless Jeremy magically becomes the best rebounder since Ben Wallace.

With the moronic idea of playing him out of position, last season was practically a throw away season (unfortunately).

He did start to show that elite defensive potential people hoped he'd show. Gotta see if it can carry over into season 3, and he can truly become a PF version of Bruce Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like you're describing Zach Collins.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan will be our Doncic stopper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan will be our Doncic stopper
    Sochan could be a pest and I could see Doncic’s face getting annoyed by Sochan every time. That alone will be quite entertaining

For now I’m rooting for Derrick/Jrue having great game slowing down Doncic/Kyrie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan could be a pest and I could see Doncic’s face getting annoyed by Sochan every time. That alone will be quite entertaining

For now I’m rooting for Derrick/Jrue having great game slowing down Doncic/Kyrie.
    His rookie year, during a timeout when the teams were crossing going to their benches, Sochan tweaked Doncic’s nipple, and Doncic kind of freaked a bit. I laughed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like you also never played pro sport.

In this development year, Wesley and Branham didn't improve much; or enough to show they could be future pieces, Sochan looked like he regressed, Collins definitely regressed to the point his contract has become an albatros, Keldon stagnated and Devin showed he can't be that second star, nor really developed a two man game with Victor.

Meanwhile, the admitted preseason goal of winning more wasn't reached, by an older coach who looked clueless and lost a times, despite one more year of "development" + Wemby, and spurs got two picks in admittedly one of the worst drafts in history, but outside of the top 2 who might be the only real valuable picks this year.

Meanwhile #2, OKC and its nice, young core finished on top of the league and will contend quickly, HOU with its nice, young core and inspired coach were a few games from the POs, and are reportedly looking to acquire another star, while spurs FO has been mediocre at best drafting these past years and are reasoning under an older philosophy that may not be adapted anymore to the modern NBA.

End of story, as we speaking, all spurs have is Wemby... and everything to build around. That's a of a piece to start with, but this team need a major rehaul and transformation. Lots of work to do, because other teams are working, and they're not gonna wait for us.
    Last edited by JPB; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:09 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You post is spot on, except some bits.

Sochan looked like he regressed
    He's definitely a better player, it's just that he's not progressing in the direction Spurs need him to progress. Read: shooting.
    If our franchise players were two perimeter shooters, Jeremy would be great. But since he's useless outside the paint, he's just taking away from Wemby.

Meanwhile #2, OKC and its nice, young core finished on top of the league and will contend quickly
    OKC won 24 games two years ago and 57 games this year.
    In the meantime, they changed their entire core except for franchise player.
    Devin is clearly better than anyone OKC had as second option two years ago.

If we look at their playoff rotation, they have just three players from 2022 rotation.
    Since Giddey has become a negative asset, next year it's going to be just SGA and Dort who's good at his role, but he's just a role player.
    Everyone else is new.

Biggest issue and question mark is if PATFO is capable of replacing more or less the entire roster in this and the next summer in order for Spurs to become a legit playoff team in 25-26 season.
    Wemby and Devin are more guaranteed to be on the roster. Jeremy and maybe Tre could be there as decent role players, but everyone else has to go. None of them are good enough for playoff basketball.

HOU with its nice, young core and inspired coach were a few games form the PO and are reportedly looking to acquire another star
    Same story as OKC. They went from 22 to 41 wins in just one year.
    Sengun and Jalen Green the only players that were in the rotation two years ago.

Spurs fans need to realize long rebuilds don't work anymore.
    We have a ton of assets, if we don't have a playoff ready roster at the start of 25-26 season, front office needs to go.
    Draft two players, get a good veteran now. Fully focus on 2025 draft and FA and that should be it. No more looking at who's the best prospect in 2026. We got Wemby who's going to be an MVP candidate from 25-26 season. Maybe even next year, who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    International play should do him some good...

But based on that "highlight" reel, and to the surprise of no one, Poland is gonna be in trouble ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some vids of where his jumper is currently at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same hitch and flat trajectory

Thread Information