Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matthews finally gave up ring chasing. How many times did he hop around from contender to contender only to lose with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a bad deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scotto: Lakers guard Austin Reaves recently told All The Smoke on Showtime that the Rockets and Spurs were possibilities before he re-signed with the Lakers. The Spurs considered offering Reaves a restricted free agency sheet worth $21 million per season, league sources told HoopsHype. Ultimately, however, the Spurs were scared off by the widespread belief that the Lakers would match any offer sheet for Reaves and chose to preserve cap space as a salary dump destination for future draft pick compensation. The Rockets were also closely monitoring Reaves’ situation because they were prepared to make a big offer sheet if Fred VanVleet didn’t sign with them, sources said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, $21M/per was what he was worth to our FO. That's about right... We made the right decision in using our cap the way we did though.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PATFO did the right thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn’t we already know this? He was on some pod like 2 weeks ago no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t we already know this? He was on some pod like 2 weeks ago no?
    he mentioned in the past that the spurs/rockets also had some interest in him but that he wanted to stay with LAL. as far as we know, no formal offers were made to him.

this report from today has a "league source" that told them the spurs were considering making an offer of 21 mil per year. that is the new info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    overated Reeves.

Thankfully it's over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if not for lakers matching he'd be a spur.. good to know. i can live with the spurs getting the multiple picks though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if not for lakers matching he'd be a spur.. good to know. i can live with the spurs getting the multiple picks though.
    well, the spurs never signed him to an offer sheet, so the lakers didnt match. it had been widely reported that they WOULD have matched basically anything. might have been a bluff to ward off potential offers though

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there was any reason for the Spurs to offer Reaves less than the full 4/100 max. If the Spurs decided he wasn't worth that much money, or that the risk of not being able to absorb contracts for draft capital was too great (due to them thinking the Lakers would be likely to match anyway and/or being happy with what they thought they could get using cap space to take on salary), not making an offer makes sense.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would he know what the Spurs were considering?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would he know what the Spurs were considering?
    Right
    I'm a little skeptical
    The Spurs have said all along they where not going to pursue free agency and looking to see how the current young players develop. All moves have been to acquire draft picks (albeit 2nd rounders) for expiring deals.
    Just don't see them offering 21 million per year for a 25 year old with one good season under his belt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right
    I'm a little skeptical
    The Spurs have said all along they where not going to pursue free agency and looking to see how the current young players develop. All moves have been to acquire draft picks (albeit 2nd rounders) for expiring deals.
    Just don't see them offering 21 million per year for a 25 year old with one good season under his belt.
    Who they couldn't get.

The news is basically:
    Austin Reaves: yeah the Spurs were interested.
    League Source: yeah the Spurs were interested and totally going to offer this wad.

Where the league source could just be Austin Reaves' agent. There was a lot of anger around here that Reaves' agent couldn't get an offer from another team, when the LAL were going to match regardless. This could just be PR covering that base or the Spurs could have just said "Yeah, totally we're thinking about it" when his agent was rustling up interest, when they were working on other things.

It never made much sense to tie up cap for one of the most vital weeks of the off-season when they were working on things like the Bullock trade and other stuff that may have never transpired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right
    I'm a little skeptical
    And a FRP swap with Dallas. That's likely the most valuable draft asset we received this summer, and the cherry on top is that Dallas needed to make the trade to try to get both Williams and Thybulle, and Cuban got punked by Portland, who matched the Thybulle offer sheet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waived after your rookie year? Ouch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder thought they could squeeze a pick out of him but were wrong. Somebody will pick him up.

They wanted to get something for him but there were no takers. He'll sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary dumped by HOU first and THEN waived. His NBA numbers weren't good, but he kind of crushed it in the gleague in limited time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be mad if the Spurs pick him up on a 2-way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll land somewhere. His G league numbers were gaudy in a fairly small sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll land somewhere. His G league numbers were gaudy in a fairly small sample size.
    The Spurs should definitely see if he's interested in taking a Two-Way deal as a "flyer" with a possible guaranteed deal down the road (if he balls out of his mind).

Even with Rice, Wesley, Graham, Payne, and Jones on the roster (for now) another PG would be great, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I looked up TyTy, why does he look so much like Snoop from the wire?

Thread Information